How to OC your Android Device

Discussion in 'Google Tutorials' started by B A R G A I N, Apr 20, 2011 with 12 replies and 3,032 views.

1. B A R G A I N

B A R G A I N Banned

Made by me. Really easy to follow.

Go to the market place and download Astro File Manager it's for free from the MarketPlace .
    [​IMG]
    Once installed your going to want to download SetCPU from Here
    Install SetCPU then put it on the root of your SD Card
    Next open up SetCPU .
    [​IMG]
    Max & Minimum . Slide Max all the way and then slide Minimum all the way right
    Once you do that reboot your system and your now OC'ed (OverClocked)

If you need help please PM me
    * Your device need's to be rooted *
    Credit's + to W e l f a r e
    1 person likes this.
  2. Cudeh

Cudeh Prepare for Wizardry

Nice, will try this once I figure out how to root my Android lol If you can help can you please add me on AIM? (CudderHD) :]
  3. Welfare

Welfare Divine Android Omniscience

Good work.
    :thumbup:
  4. Luminate

Luminate Member

Just so you guys know even if you device is rooted this still might not work, you have to have a OC'able kernel (ROM)
  5. XoB LiI Jinz

XoB LiI Jinz Enthusiast

what does having it oc'd do?
  6. TechnicalGuy

TechnicalGuy Glory is Pain

It makes the CPU (processor) perform faster. In other words it makes your phone faster:)
  7. Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus 404 BEER NOT FOUND

Mine is **** slow, but it already gets extremely hot when talking and playing games. I'd love to do this, but I might not.
  8. Destiny

Destiny Petrolsexual Diet Moderators

So basically this will destroy the already **** battery life my phone has, correct?
  9. Wazzzz_up

Wazzzz_up Enthusiast

Not really, if you don't OC too high that wouldn't happen. Just don't over due it, look search through Google for the recommended governor and the frequencies. mine are min: 480 Max: 748 on Smartass governor and only difference is that it's faster.
    Unfair Destiny likes this.
  10. Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus 404 BEER NOT FOUND

I know it's already been answered, but I can't help myself haha. If you overclock your CPU to much it will give you shorter battery life, but if you're only going to OC a little then it is fine. Another thing to consider is the heat that will be emitted from your CPU, if your phone already gets hot when you are playing games are talking to somebody, it's not a great idea to OC it.

Just google your phone model and see what other people have deemed stable for maximum Hz. If you're just trying to get rid of scrolling/menu lag then increasing the minimum Hz can help without increasing your maximum.
    Unfair Destiny likes this.
  11. shabbypenguin

shabbypenguin Enthusiast

uhhh this tutorial is highly wrong...
  12. B0NNiE

B0NNiE Enthusiast

This only works if you have an overclocking kernel installed..by default android(2.0+)makes changes to cpu speed based on usage to conserve battery. With the release of Jelly Bean (4.1) and thanks to project butter, your phones processer will automatically increase the cpu to maximum when your finger is touching the screen and then go back down to slower speeds when idle to save even more battery then the original method did. This app lets you change those ranges..only if you have the right kernel..otherwise..this could brick your device ;)

It is also unnecessary with newer versions of Android.

If you really want to, do not have it so your phone goes through more then 8 different frequences, this app lets you select a range, but with other more intuitive cpu overclocking apps let you select each mhz the phone goes to in a range, any more then 8 causes major instablity, and again, bricking

Also the OP fails to mention the installation requires you go into settings> applications and enable unknown sources to install applications you download.

Or else it will pop up and say "install failed"
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  13. B0NNiE

B0NNiE Enthusiast

-snip-
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012