Xbox 360 How to Mod Saints Row 1 Single Player Ammo & Clip Size

Discussion in 'Misc. Games Modding' started by Lygofast2121, Apr 15, 2012 with 0 replies and 563 views.

1. Lygofast2121

Lygofast2121 Contributor

First visit these tutorials before proceeding

Basics of Modding: http://bit.ly/HGyBMA

Introductory to Hex Workshop: http://bit.ly/INGmwF

extract your savegame to your pc, then open it back up in Horizon 360 go to contents then right click on game.dat and choose extract.

[​IMG]

After open game.dat in hex workshop

[​IMG]

This next part you need to either search for a weapon if you know the name of it or scroll near the bottom of the file until you see names of some weapons. For this example I will search for my RPG that I have in my inventory.

[​IMG]

Now I found my weapon next to other ones located in the same place. This next part I have divided into colors. For each color you see in the "P" section above the weapons represents each gun located here. So each P that has the same color as the weapons below means that P is for that gun. When you mod the ammo and clip size it will be in the P section NOT the gun section. Now the last weapon which is a grenade that may not be a P but in my case be located 4 bytes before the name of the first weapon. That is where you would mod the grenade ammo at. Before going on please study this picture as this can be very beneficial. Now there could be a case where this does not match your file. If that does happen I would like for you to search the ammo of each gun in hex form. Both the grenade and RPG can be off by one or two numbers in the ammo section so if you can't find the number you searched for in the P section right above the weapon names then search for one number less and you should find it.

[​IMG]

Lets take a random gun for this example. Find a P that represents a gun below and count 3 bytes to the left of that P. The 3rd byte over you will count 4 bytes. That is your ammo size. Now unless you can find the infinite sign in the game in hex form, you will overwrite your current ammo with this:

Code:
    3B9AC9FF
    which is 999999999 as the integer value. Which is the amount of ammo you will end up having.

[​IMG]

Now the next 4 bytes over to the left of what you just modded is your clip size. Which is the amount of bullets you have before needing to reload. So if you modify that to 999999999 then thats how much you can shoot before you need to reload. Though if that does end up happening you may need to mod it again.

[​IMG]

With an RPG and a Grenade there is only ammo size not clip size. Here is where my grenade is located at which was off by one number less than what was said to be in my gamesave.

[​IMG]

After you are done save your file, then load the gamesave back into Horizon 360, go over to contents like before and right click on game.dat then choose replace. After you have replaced the file save, rehash and resign it. Afterwards you can inject it back into your hard drive or flash drive.

[​IMG]