What's new

Solved How to make Falcon RGH 2 boot faster?

• Thread starter GTLGamer
  • Start date
  • Views 2,866
GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a RGH 2 falcon, with a squirt 2.0 and I get horrible boot times. Like 5 minutes almost everytime. On a good day ill get a 10 second boot. Anyways, I have a soldering iron, but no programmer. So I cant change the timing files, I was going to convert it to RGH 1.2 for better boots but I dont have a programmer as I said. I'm just wondering if there's anyway to make my RGH boot faster by changing up some wiring or anything. I already tried fine tuning it with the RST tuning pads, and bridging different combos with the J1, J2, and J3 pads. I think its at the best it can be as far as tuning, but point is is its horrible. If I have to I will go buy a programmer and convert to RGH 1.2 but if its possible Id like to try and fix with what I already have. Any suggestions are great!

Rengar

Rengar

The Knifecat
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a RGH 2 falcon, with a squirt 2.0 and I get horrible boot times. Like 5 minutes almost everytime. On a good day ill get a 10 second boot. Anyways, I have a soldering iron, but no programmer. So I cant change the timing files, I was going to convert it to RGH 1.2 for better boots but I dont have a programmer as I said. I'm just wondering if there's anyway to make my RGH boot faster by changing up some wiring or anything. I already tried fine tuning it with the RST tuning pads, and bridging different combos with the J1, J2, and J3 pads. I think its at the best it can be as far as tuning, but point is is its horrible. If I have to I will go buy a programmer and convert to RGH 1.2 but if its possible Id like to try and fix with what I already have. Any suggestions are great!
Falcon RGH2s are baaad with boot times. You can play with CPU_RST wire length (blue wire) and fine tune it that way. That's about all you could do to improve boot times without having a way to program the chip with different files.

GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Falcon RGH2s are baaad with boot times. You can play with CPU_RST wire length (blue wire) and fine tune it that way. That's about all you could do to improve boot times without having a way to program the chip with different files.
Understood, What Programmer do you recommend for my chip?

Rengar

Rengar

The Knifecat
Reaction score
Sin$
Understood, What Programmer do you recommend for my chip?
Well, I've never really worked with anything other than official TX products, but a JR-Programmer is the fastest read/write programming chip. There's also the Matrix SPI Nand reader chip, but I think it requires some modifications to be able to program anything.

If you have the spare pocket cash, buy the JRPV2, but if you want to go the cheap and more advanced route, take the MatrixSPI.

J JoinTheResistance has a tutorial I think.

GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I've never really worked with anything other than official TX products, but a JR-Programmer is the fastest read/write programming chip. There's also the Matrix SPI Nand reader chip, but I think it requires some modifications to be able to program anything.

If you have the spare pocket cash, buy the JRPV2, but if you want to go the cheap and more advanced route, take the MatrixSPI.

J JoinTheResistance has a tutorial I think.
I was thinking about the JRPV2 but I was concerned it wouldn't come with all the cords I need to program mine, I heard I have to solder something from the chip to the JR, I'm not even sure though

nbaj

nbaj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
actually i was on a roll with falcons rgh 2 with a cr chip. Only thing i would do to the chip is remove c8 and jp, flip switch to slim, run blue wire over fan shroud. i never had one go past 2 mins to boot. Most were around 20 secs to 90 secs

last night i tried another falcon with a different method i found elsewhere. tried different wire lengths for blue, and a different chip with new method vs what worked for me. I couldn't get a green light. i labeled the xbox dead, so i moved on

i seen some guys getting boots consistently around 5 - 10secs with rgh 1.2, or an ace chip on rgh2

GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
actually i was on a roll with falcons rgh 2 with a cr chip. Only thing i would do to the chip is remove c8 and jp, flip switch to slim, run blue wire over fan shroud. i never had one go past 2 mins to boot. Most were around 20 secs to 90 secs

last night i tried another falcon with a different method i found elsewhere. tried different wire lengths for blue, and a different chip with new method vs what worked for me. I couldn't get a green light. i labeled the xbox dead, so i moved on

i seen some guys getting boots consistently around 5 - 10secs with rgh 1.2, or an ace chip on rgh2
The squirt doesn't even have a pad labeled, C8 I looked and I could only find 1-7. I can change it to slim and see what that does

EDIT: Just tried changing to slim, Just got a maybe 45 second boot, gonna do some more boots to see. I feel like its not going to be consistant

Last edited:
GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Can you show me a pic of where to remove the C8 and jr

nbaj

nbaj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you show me a pic of where to remove the C8 and jr

i'm using a coolrunner, not a squirt.

for me, as long as the console turns on, i'm good. It's too much stress trying to get instant boot. if i play, i come home hit the power button, go grab me something to eat, some water, and by the time i get back, the console is on. I'm good with that. This is about a 2 minute process

I see too many people stress because the console doesn't boot fast enough, like it's the end of the world

GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i'm using a coolrunner, not a squirt.

for me, as long as the console turns on, i'm good. It's too much stress trying to get instant boot. if i play, i come home hit the power button, go grab me something to eat, some water, and by the time i get back, the console is on. I'm good with that. This is about a 2 minute process

I see too many people stress because the console doesn't boot fast enough, like it's the end of the world
yeah, but when I fatal crash and such it takes ages to get back up and running

xK1LLA KONGx

xK1LLA KONGx

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$

This never works for me lol, I've removed the JP & c8 switch it to slim never get's a green light for me. The best thing to do for a falcon is to RGH 1.2 it if you can't get it to boot within 10 glitches. Learned that from HuskerHeaven.

OP:
Buy a JRPV2 they're under $25 and always come with everything you need to program your chips, and read/write nand(s)

GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This never works for me lol, I've removed the JP & c8 switch it to slim never get's a green light for me. The best thing to do for a falcon is to RGH 1.2 it if you can't get it to boot within 10 glitches. Learned that from HuskerHeaven.

OP:
Buy a JRPV2 they're under $25 and always come with everything you need to program your chips, and read/write nand(s)
I'm trying to buy a JRPV2, the only place I found them was on modchipcentral, there like $20 but $15 shipping which sucks. Any other places that sell?

xK1LLA KONGx

xK1LLA KONGx

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you! So do you think this includes all the cords to program my squirt right out of the box? Because if I need other cords id like to order them now

I've never used the Squirt but if it's something along the connectors like the Coolrunner. Yes it comes with all 3 cables.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you! So do you think this includes all the cords to program my squirt right out of the box? Because if I need other cords id like to order them now
No! The squirt doesn't have programing headers, you'll have to manually solder them, or connect the cables directly to the pads. They are labeled so it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what goes where, if you decide to solder the cables directly.

GTLGamer

GTLGamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No! The squirt doesn't have programing headers, you'll have to manually solder them, or connect the cables directly to the pads. They are labeled so it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what goes where, if you decide to solder the cables directly.
You mean the pads under the chip? if that's what your referring to then it shouldn't be too hard, are the corresponding pads on the JRPV2?

Top Bottom
Login
Register