Not open for further replies.
Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I know the game is kinda old and this method might also be old, but I recently (2 weeks ago) found every file back and even did it myself again. I thought there should still be some people interested in Red Dead Redemption, and therefor I'm creating this tutorial. For as far as I know, the only two versions of Red Dead Redemption this works for are the original version and the Undead Nightmare version of Red Dead. You can to do it with the Game of the Year edition which quite recently came out, but I can't confirm that it works for that nor is the mod inteded for that version. What these mod do is allow Single-player cheats to be used in Multiplayer, and therefor give you the ability to have god mode, spawn horses, give yourself weapons and infinite horse stamina and ammo. I am not responsible if you get banned. There's always a chance of being banned for modding.

What you want to do first, is an Red Dead Redemption ISO for your own console region and the desired version you want, Red Dead Redemption or Undead Nightmare. Make sure everything is legit and stealth by checking it with abgx360. Basically get an ISO which would be just fine to burn. Other tutorials will help you where needed.

After you have an ISO, you need to download a few things, the first is a program called "Xbox Backup Creator" which is downloadable here. Secondly, you need some game-specific files. To download them, simply click the boxart to download the files for the game you currently have and want to modify:

When you've downloaded those files, you need to open Xbox Backup Creator. You might get a error message telling you that something hasn't loaded correctly, but that doesn't matter because you will only be using it to edit the ISO data. When it's opened up, click Image Tools and then click Image Browser. Using the Image Browser, click File and in the menu, click Open Image File, and select your ISO. It might take some time to load the ISO, just be patient. Right-click "rdr2_layer0.rpf" and select Extract, and extract it to your desktop or any other desired location.

After rdr2_layer0.rpf is extracted to your desktop, extract the .RAR file you downloaded ("original red dead redemption patch.rar" or "undead nightmare mods.rar") to the same location you extracted rdr2_layer0.rpf to. After that, open up ppf-o-matic3.exe and when it's opened up, click the floppy icon next to "ISO File". In the "Open CD-Image..." dialog, select the rdr2_layer0.rpf file you extracted earlier. When you've selected the file, click the floppy icon next to "Patch" and select the "patch.ppf" file provided in the .RAR. When having done all that, click the Apply button and wait for the program to apply the mod.

When you've patched (a.k.a. modded) the rdr2_layer0.rpf, insert it into the ISO by opening up the Image Browser and right-clicking "rdr2_layer0.rpf" and selecting Replace. Replace the rdr2_layer0.rpf with the patched (a.k.a. modded) rar_layer0.rpf and click File > Close Image to finalize the image. After that, burn it using ImgBurn (find the tutorial on google or on Se7enSins) and hotswap it in order to play it or install it to your hard drive (find the tutorial on google or on Se7enSins).

When completely done with modding and installing it to the Xbox 360 by using hotswap or play the game by using hotswap, you should end up with the following result:

You might have the problem that you don't have any cheats, or you have few cheats. This is where the "new" stuff comes in. I have provided my "RDR2OPTIONS.SAV" file so it can be downloaded here, and it comes with every single cheat unlocked. Even the ones that aren't supposed to be in the Xbox 360 version, and some developer's cheats. You have to add them to your storage device with your own Profile ID in order to use them. Find yourself a good Modio tutorial and you'll be ready to use all cheats. Below is a list of the cheats and their effects:
Code:
Invincibility 			Gives you infinite health.
Infinite Dead Eye 		Gives you infinite dead eye.
Infinite Horse Stamina 		Gives your horse infinite staming, doesn't work for coaches.
Infinite Ammo 			Gives you infinite ammo for all weapons, even the Explosive Rifle, Holy Water etc.
Rubber Horse 			Gives your horse (and you) the option to jump of cliffs.
Donkey Rider 			Spawns a donkey in front of you.
Horse 				Spawns a horse in front of you.
Coach 				Spawns a coach in front of you, there are multiple types of coaches.
Diplomatic Immumity 		Prevents you from getting a bounty.
Increase Bounty 		Raises your bounty by $500.
Decrease Bounty 		Lowers your bounty by $500, don't use to clear your bounty.
Gun Set [1, 2, 3, 4] 		Gives you weapons, use it in pre-game lobbies for some fun.
Old School 			Adds a sepiafilter to the screen to make it look like an old-skool movie.
Guns Blazing 			Shooting people may cause them to set on fire.
Dead-Eye Level [1, 2, 3] 	Changes the dead eye level to level 1, 2 or 3.
Beastmaster 			[might glitch; work incorrectly] Turns all animals (wild and tame) friendly. Animals in hunting grounds will still attack you.
Change weather 			[might glitch; work incorrectly] Changes the weather.
Clear Bounty 			[might glitch; work incorrectly] Clears your entire bounty.
Every Shot Counts 		[might glitch; work incorrectly] Kills any enemy you shoot with a single bullet or punch.
Punchout 			[might glitch; work incorrectly] Knocks-out every enemy you punch with a single hit.
Right to Bear Arms 		[might glitch; work incorrectly] Gives every random pedestrian weapons.
Rise Up 			[might glitch; work incorrectly] Causes every random pedestrian to attack you, with weapons or fists.
(no name) [1 through 15] 	[might glitch; work incorrectly] Effects unknown, might not do anything.
All other cheats have no effect on multiplayer and should not be used as they might glitch or cause the game to freeze.

Credits:
Twisted89 - Created the mod itself.
iiHost10x - Created the video "Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 ISO Mods".
Icarus & Paradox - Created "PPF-O-MATIC v3.0".
Awesome Skills - Created this tutorial and is supporting.

SnD Scrub

SnD Scrub

The Warez kings humble Protégé
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice tutorial, but you might want to add what the mods do.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Glad i could help, its just because i was reading it and i was like "so what do these do?"
I can understand that, although I also included a video which is basically showing you what the mods do. Even the preview of the video shows it, but I added it in text to the O.P. too, just to be sure. :wink:

SnD Scrub

SnD Scrub

The Warez kings humble Protégé
Reaction score
Sin$
I can understand that, although I also included a video which is basically showing you what the mods do. Even the preview of the video shows it, but I added it in text to the O.P. too, just to be sure. :wink:
yeah i seen the video but it was probably just me since i haven't played rdr in such a long time

Rusty Shackleford

RustyShackleford

#TeamMinecraft
Reaction score
Sin$
Any Idea where I can find an Red Dead Redemption IS? I can't find any working links now.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Any Idea where I can find an Red Dead Redemption IS? I can't find any working links now.
Use a program called "Bit Che" to find those torrents, I can't post them on here because that's warez.

Deployments

Value Milk

Proud partner of the MLB
Reaction score
Sin$
If I have the game of the year edition do I download the Red Dead Redemption iso or The Undead Nightmare iso?

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice. I downloaded these a few days ago (from youtube) but patched the whole ISO with the patch.ppf rather than the .rpf file...

Thanks for posting this thread and clearing it up.

Deployments

Value Milk

Proud partner of the MLB
Reaction score
Sin$
If I have Red Dead Game of the year edition, do I download the undead nightmare mods or the original red dead mods?

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
If I have Red Dead Game of the year edition, do I download the undead nightmare mods or the original red dead mods?

I'd say Original Red Dead because I think you can choose between which one you load, like GTA IV: EFLC - You could choose between TLAD or TBOGT

I can't confirm this though as I just have the regular Red Dead Redemption. If you're burning/playing now then add me on Xbox LIVE: Duckhed

My disc has almost burned.

Deployments

Value Milk

Proud partner of the MLB
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say Original Red Dead because I think you can choose between which one you load, like GTA IV: EFLC - You could choose between TLAD or TBOGT

I can't confirm this though as I just have the regular Red Dead Redemption. If you're burning/playing now then add me on Xbox LIVE: Duckhed

My disc has almost burned.
Well the multiplayer is on disk 2 which also has undead nightmare on there. I will try undead nightmare first and if that doesn't work I will try original red dead. But when I get home from work I will add you and tell you which one works.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As I stated on the Original Post, I am not responsible if the mods don't work on the Game of the Year edition. The mods are not made for that version of the game and therefor may not be compatible. I suggest you try it on let's say a JTAG first to prevent disc casualties. :tongue:

W3LSH

W3LSH

PC Gaming
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you help me? I did all that put it wouldnt let me select the layer0 in ppf-o-matic3 so i selected the iso instead, it said patch applied burnt the disk fine, and the disk works but it doesnt say cheats on multiplayer

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you help me? I did all that put it wouldnt let me select the layer0 in ppf-o-matic3 so i selected the iso instead, it said patch applied burnt the disk fine, and the disk works but it doesnt say cheats on multiplayer
You have to clear the cache when you are done hotswapping (either playing or installing), and then the cheats will work.

W3LSH

W3LSH

PC Gaming
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to clear the cache when you are done hotswapping (either playing or installing), and then the cheats will work.
I did, the title update is downloaded to hardrive, and when I go on option it shows the normal options, I just burnt the disk the way you said and it didnt work.

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I did, the title update is downloaded to hardrive, and when I go on option it shows the normal options, I just burnt the disk the way you said and it didnt work.
So did you clear the cache?

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Then you either might have got a bad gamerip (so that the game is unpatchable with ppf's) or you didn't save the patch in the steps leading to patching the game.

Please also refer to the video below for a video tutorial to see what you might've missed (or what I've missed). It's also my source for my personal mods and I based the tutorial on this. The creator of the video said that I didn't have to mention him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register