Tutorial How to Install Apps without Xcode or Jailbreak

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Early this morning, in the wake of the Pangu jailbreak, Saurik released a local IPA codesigning utility that he has been working on for quite some time. For those of you who don't know what this means, a codesigning utility can be used to sign applications for installation without a jailbreak (using a streamlined form of sideloading). The goal of this project is to replace expensive signing services that sign applications in the cloud for a subscription fee or having to download Xcode on a macbook and sign the applications yourself. The feature is included in a program for some of his other projects, so it may look a bit weird. The feature cannot sign applications that have 3rd party frameworks included, that means no signing an old version of Snapchat that's been bundled with Phantom.

Before we get to the guide, here are the download links, that way you guys can follow along:
Windows: Download | VS
MacOS: Download | VS
Linux 32-bit: Download | VS
Linux 64-bit: Download | VS

In this tutorial, as an example, I'll be using a popular movie streaming application for iOS named MovieBox.

1. Download the IPA of your choice (can be done from any number of sites, none of which I will provide links for as it may be seen as promoting piracy).

2. Connect your device and open the application.

50e3ae0dc478d0dbea718e2de7eb23b5.jpg

3. Drag and drop the IPA file you would like to sign on to the application, don't mess with any of the other features or buttons.

4. Type in the credentials for an Apple ID enrolled in the Apple Developer Program (doesn't have to be a paid account). You can sign in and enroll your normal Apple ID or a new Apple ID in this program.

56fxC38.gif
5. Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and "Trust" your developer app certificate (will be the same as the email you used in the previous step).

Notes, please read:
-If you are not a paid apple developer, the application will only work for 7 days, at which point you have to sign and install the application again.
-If you are a developer, this application will revoke and reissue your current signing certificate which will invalidate all other applications signed with your other certificate.
-If your application does not have an springboard image, don't worry, it just means the IPA didn't have an image bundled with it.
-While this project can be used for piracy, please only use it to try applications before buying them or installing applications that currently aren't available on the app store.

W

Wire55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You are a f**king godsend! I can watch movies and do more since I can't jailbreak yet! Thanks!

Top Bottom
Login
Register