What's new

Tutorial How to HotSwap an Xbox 360 250GB (SLIM)

• Thread starter Sullly3
  • Start date
  • Views 24,545
S

Sullly3

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey,

Someone said to me the new Xbox 360 was unmodable. so i set out to prove him wrong (bearing in mind im a terrible modder).

After much time comsuming hours i found a solution of how to Hotswap the new xbox.

The issue was that you could hotswap the original way due to the disc would stop reading after you eject the tray.

Well here is my Basic guide on how to Hotswap the new xbox 360.

1. put a 8GB memory stick+ confirgured to be used on an xbox in the usb slot.

2. when you have the details page up click install with the original disc in.

3. when you click install eject the disc and put in the modded disc.

4. a screen asking which Memory device will come up click your HDD.

5. The game will start installing.

This is the 1st guide i have seen for how to do this and if anyone finds some issues let me know and ill try my best to assist you with the problem.

Thank You.

-Sully-

S

Sullly3

Reaction score
Sin$
If anybody can do this for me that would be great :smile:

This is my first TuT BTW. if i could video myself i would but i have no video camera to do so :/

Rawlings 7s

Rawlings 7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe this does work. I will go pick up some Dl disk tomorrow and do gta or zombies.

TacoBellSpartan

TacoBellSpartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it doesnt work i tried it e few times, with modded Gta4...

S

Sullly3

Reaction score
Sin$
Yay. my first TuT and its gonna proberly be the best 1 i ever do :smile:

This is the 1st 1 for this so please nobody copy this.

xVitalz

TCX xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
yes but i am the first person to find this out just look up WixNotxProduct on youtube and i even have a video on it
Heres the video i take no credit all credit goes to ^^^^^ i just embedded it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u04E3z6Hbgs&feature=player_embedded

X

xEVILx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this does work as i did this for waw modded but you have to be quicker than normal as the disk will stop spinning if your not or you will have to wait till the disk swaps and then swap but what is the usb stick for install it to hdd?

sorry but you dont need usb put in original game and wait a few min for game to stop spinning while your at dash then when it stops you can hot swap so you dont need the 8 gb usb stick i did this my self before any tut was released i bought the new slim the day it cam out and did this destroying my warrenty lol but yeh both ways work + rep though thanks dude nice tut.

X

xEVILx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nosorry you press install with original game in then whenni starts spining fast you hot swap but no you dont need usb

X

xEVILx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried this like 5 times..need help

hi bro while the original game is in you press y and hit install give it 3 seconds then swap the disks quickly the disk willstopfora few seconds but then it will spin up again this does work if it doesnt for you you might notbe doing it right or have a bad iso let me know thanks.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
could someone explain to me what hotswap is?
Hotswapping is basically swapping out the spinning disc with another really quick so that it reads the new one put in. It's so that you can play with a .iso (usually for mods like GTA IV, CoD WAW, etc) without having to go through the process of flashing your xbox 360. Note that you still have to buy the original game disc in order to hotswap, unlike flashing in which you don't.

Top Bottom
Login
Register