What's new

Tutorial How to get Infinite Ammo (No Modding Required)

• Thread starter Sparfire
  • Start date
  • Views 18,298
M

MayaMoxxi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Only guns I can see this being handy on are sniper rifles and shotguns, both of which have a criminally small amount of ammo to start with.

Gray Ice 13

Gray Ice 13

The Hype
Reaction score
Sin$
This glitch still works as of this writing, and because Gearbox has moved on to TPS, I don't see it getting patched in the foreseeable future.

Raw

Raw

Misunderstood
Mythical Veteran Programmer Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
This is not a new glitch, but quite handy for those of us with with unmodded save files. So I thought I'd shed some light, this is for all the new Vault Hunters out there. :smile:

Now, most people love the Infinity pistol for its unlimited ammo ability. How about a Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch with the same? Or a Hellfire? Or a Cobra? You can have that If you want...

All you need is a Vladof Launcher, the Legendary ones won't work, but any of the lower rarities do. Now what you want to do is equip the Launcher in your 2nd slot. Have any gun that consumes 1 ammo per shot in the 1st slot. This is essential, as we are taking advantage of the "Consumes reduced ammo per shot" ability in the Launcher. We are practically removing 1 bullet from the equation, so if you are using a gun that consumes 2 ammo per shot, it will now consume just 1. Only guns that consume 1 ammo per shot will give us the infinite ammo that we are looking for. (You can still use guns like the DPUH, but you will consume ammo if you do, just less of it.)

Now for the glitch itself:
  • With your Launcher, fire once.
  • Immediately after, hit the D-pad Up, Down and Up again, and go to your inventory quickly.
  • Replace the Launcher with any gun from your backpack, it does not matter which one.
If you made it successfully, you will now have infinite ammo on most guns, and spend 1 ammo less on all the others. This effect will last until you save and quit, or equip the launcher again.

Enjoy :smile:
nice tutorial thank you very much :smile:

Gray Ice 13

Gray Ice 13

The Hype
Reaction score
Sin$
As of the October 29th update (over a YEAR after TPS released)... any glitches requiring the "gun merging" glitch (such as this glitch) as well as the "gun merging" glitch no longer work.

And just like that, I have very little reason to ever return to BL2.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
As of the October 29th update (over a YEAR after TPS released)... any glitches requiring the "gun merging" glitch (such as this glitch) as well as the "gun merging" glitch no longer work.

And just like that, I have very little reason to ever return to BL2.
Lol, they actually fixed something? Wow.

Thanks for the update, I'll edit the OP.

Gray Ice 13

Gray Ice 13

The Hype
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol, they actually fixed something? Wow.

Thanks for the update, I'll edit the OP.

TBH, I learned about the patch because people saw the need to inform Admiral Bahroo via the comment section... on a Binding of Isaac video. Priorities, amirite?

Top Bottom
Login
Register