• Views 18,769
xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Gamesharing is an easy way to swap DLC that you have purchased with another PS3 owner. You will receive DLC that they have purchased, while they will receive DLC that you have purchased. The best part is, it's surprisingly easy to do. Here is a straightforward tutorial that will teach you how to gameshare efficiently and safely.

DownloadList_inlinimage003.JPG

Before you begin the share, it is essential that you do the following:
  • Go to Account Management and delete your billing and any other personal information.
  • Set a temporary password for your account that you will change after the share.
  • Be sure that you know the Date of Birth on your account, as well as the email address.

Now with that out of the way, here is the tutorial:
  1. Swap login information with the person who are sharing with.
  2. At the XMB menu, scroll to the [Users] tab on the far left and select "Create New User".
  3. Switch to the user you just created, scroll to the [PlayStation Network] tab and click "Sign Up"
  4. Select "Use an Existing Account and enter your partners sign-in information.
  5. Login to the account, and enter the Playstation Store under the [Playstation Network] tab.
  6. At the very top right corner of the screen, click on the small "View Downloads" button. It is located just to the right of the shopping cart icon.
  7. Now, select the DLC you would like to download and press X.
  8. Your download should begin. After it is complete, notify your partner that you are finished.

Remember to only share will people that you can trust. Enjoy your free content!

xcashmoneyx7

xcashmoneyx7

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this work on the Vita?
From what I've read, apparently not. Someone who owns a Vita themselves will have to confirm or deny this, but I've read that you can only have 1 PlayStation Network account linked to your Vita, which would mean you can't follow this tutorial.

Syrus

Syrus

Just chill out
Fabled Veteran Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have an xbox, does this work the same way as a license transfer?

H

Hazmat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
From what I've read, apparently not. Someone who owns a Vita themselves will have to confirm or deny this, but I've read that you can only have 1 PlayStation Network account linked to your Vita, which would mean you can't follow this tutorial.

I have a PS3 and Vita, I was thinking you could possibly download the content onto the PS3 then transfer it to the Vita.
Just a theory though, I would be willing to test it if someone else has a Vita and PS3.

SE7ENSIN_MODDER

SE7ENSIN_MODDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was asking a question?

Simply wondering if this works the same way as the license transfer on the xbox.
Yes it does. I did this with my friend and it works just fine. Just make sure you are in the right section next time :smile:

T

TTGiLLuZioNz

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a PS3 and Vita, I was thinking you could possibly download the content onto the PS3 then transfer it to the Vita.
Just a theory though, I would be willing to test it if someone else has a Vita and PS3.
Wont work the content has to be downloaded from the same account or it wont let you transfer it to the vita.

Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli

GT: Custom Units
Reaction score
Sin$
damn you xcashmoneyx7 i was gonna post this :frown:

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Not needed, but you should add they can download in background instead of waiting. :wink:

SiK MuShRoOm

SiK MuShRoOm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So when you say "swap" do you mean that lets say A swaps with B. Meaning that A can now play B's content and B can also play A's content. But at the same time does A have his original content or does B have it, and you'd have to swap again to get your original content you downloaded? I guess my question is if you "swap" your content do you still have your original content or would you have to re-swap it to get it back and play it?

Sorry if that's confusing :confused:

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Technically for Vita content, you could just share on PS3 than transfer to Vita right?

0its0just0micheal0

0its0just0micheal0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
According to something I read long ago upon the release of the Vita, you can't gameshare. The most you could do would be wiping it clean and using another profile. Doing so means you won't actually earn trophies for yourself. I tried gamesharing when I got my Vita and it didn't work but as of now with the latest updates I couldn't tell you since the screen on my Vita broke and Sony won't fix it. :frown: I can assume it still doesn't work, though.

Old Partner

Old Partner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Two answer the question about can A console and B console use the same DLC at the same time.
As long as you have a fresh new data utititys downloaded on each console before down loading each DLC it will work because the licence transfer is recorded in the data untititys on each persons own console.
Correct me if my understanding is not correct...

Ayanah

Ayanah

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this still work? I made my friend a new account on my kindle (sonyentertainmentnetwork.com) and she logged in on her ps3 and her dlc was on it. I went on that account (following these steps) and had none of her dlc. Me and my friend want to share dlc on lbp2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register