• Start date
  • Views 12,904
H

hasds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Fix Error 21 and Take Off Your Softmod

This guide will help you fix your error 21 while removing your softmod.

Staff note: Be careful using this tutorial. It's best to utilize the options "Unsoftmod" [Unsoftmod Tutorial] in the Softmod Installer Tool that you used or use AID 5.11. If you followed guides on our site when softmodding, you should have everything backed up that you need to unsoftmod successfully.

Requirements
  • Softmodded Xbox
  • Linux gamesaves - Can be found in one of the softmodding guides
  • The game your used to softmod
  • Know How to FTP to your Xbox
  • FTP Client (FlashFXP was used in this guide)
  • Your MS dash backup on computer - if you didn't save your dash, use this page with the download link at the bottom.
Fixing error 21 and taking off your Softmod
  1. Put in your game disc for softmodding into your Xbox (splinter cell, mechassault, 007).
  2. Then you need to make a ftp connection, so go into your settings in the softmod (EvoX) dash.
  3. Use the top IP on settings.
  4. Open your FTP client and log into your Xbox.
  5. After you login double click the C folder and delete everything in there.
  6. Use WinRAR to open the m$ dash that you had backed up or downloaded and FTP the contents to the C folder.
  7. When finished, reboot your Xbox
You should no longer have your softmod and your error 21 should be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

inkie12

Reaction score
Sin$
i deleted my back up dash after i saved it on my computer, then i deleted everything on my C: drive, the put all my stuff in my ms dash in the c drive then resterted my xbox.
it said i need to send my xbox in cuz of some kind of technical support, but it still loads games. what is my problem. i jjts can not load my ms dash.

I

inkie12

Reaction score
Sin$
it is not a real serious issue if u dont know what to do cuz i justr wanna play h2 online and not get banned cuz of a modified dash, so if i will get banned plz tell me and let me know if it is ok if i can not load my dash and still [p;lay online ok

H

hasds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
did you download them$ dash from the link. if you did tell me how you ftp the folders into fxp

H

hasds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it should worked, worked for me, my brother, and my 2 friends

I

IMA G BLEAVE ME

Reaction score
Sin$
that link doesnt work do u know of any other links for a ms dashboard

K

krazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea error 21 can still launch games, therefore you can still ftp..it doesnt work with other erros tho

I

IMA G BLEAVE ME

Reaction score
Sin$
i put the backup dashboard in the c folder but it didnt work

PAN5Y

PAN5Y

Blessed
VIP
10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just uninstall your soft mods with the linux files an the game and if u can do that u have two options left install a modchip or hotswap your xbox

xl COOLWHIP

Wannabe_Modd3r

Passin that weed, like I studied.
Reaction score
Sin$
help

how can i find out my xbox IP i cant see the ip all i get is CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as you made an ms backup when you softmodded your xbox your good. just start you xbox up with the game you modded it with then load the linux then click restore ms backup then turn off you xbox then turn it back on an dit should be back to normal.

H

hasds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
please if you did notback up dash then try and trade in the xbox, because i doubt that you'll be skilled enough to hotswap

T

TeHPiMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my friend has error 21 and his xbox cant load discs meaning he cant ftp, is hotswapping his only option?

DEATH x Valor

DEATH x Valor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive got an error 21 on one of my xboxes...and it cant load ****...no ftp, and hotswap doesnt work either so yea...getting a mod chip would just be a waste of money..ooo well

Top Bottom
Login
Register