What's new

Tutorial How to Easily run a PlayStation 1 Emulator (PCSXR-Xenon V0.62) on a JTAG/RGH

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Download PCSXR-Xenon V0.62

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k8oo8fbe8rxa19m/PCSXR-Xenon+V0.62.rar
Virus Scan:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...b860e573e0662de8dc938fab/analysis/1466761818/

2. Extract the .rar and open up the folder it produces.

3. Move the contents that are inside the "pcsxr_0.62" folder onto the root of a USB device that is formatted to FAT32.

MI67e7Y.jpg

4. Also move over any ROM's you want to play to the root of the same USB device. (I won't be providing links to ROM's as they can be considered "warez.")

5. Plug in your USB drive into your JTAG/RGH and boot your console.

6. Go into Dashlaunch.

NOTE: (If you boot into FSD, let all of your game paths load up such that the your Status is displayed as "Idle" in the bottom left of your screen off FSD.)
See where it says "Status: Idle" at the bottom left of the screen:

iU4JHfE.jpg

7. Once in Dashlaunch, press LB or RB to navigate to where you see the "Launch" option.
lvouLW2.jpg

8. Select Launch and then navigate to your USB and then click on the file: "xenon.elf"
n4nlazZ.jpg

9. You have successfully ran PCSXR-Xenon V0.62! Congratulations!

ALTERNATIVE METHOD:

1. Complete Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4.
2. Plug your USB into your JTAG/RGH and boot into Xell. Xell should detect the xenon.elf file and launch the emulator. I find it to be easier with Dashlaunch though especially when you have lots of games on your HDD(s) or lots of ROM's on your USB stick.

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi thanks for this. Is this PCSXR-Xenon V0.62 the latest version. Is it stable. And what is the comparability rate of the PS 1 games working are they full speed or is it still sluggish and still need bit more work to it thanks again

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi thanks for this. Is this PCSXR-Xenon V0.62 the latest version. Is it stable. And what is the comparability rate of the PS 1 games working are they full speed or is it still sluggish and still need bit more work to it thanks again
That version is the most recent build I know of. As far as compatibility goes, every PS1 game I tried on it for the sake of testing (3 or 4) ran perfectly fine actually. They were all full speed. :smile:

alexhore

alexhore

RGH Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
There is third option, install Xell Launch and when you run that like any other game it will launch the xenon.elf

midnightmodders20

midnightmodders20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The same with N64 emulator also but is there any way to just add the emulator to FSD or Aurora and launch the emulator through there, and to not have it on a USB? Like ROMs on the HDD. I have a USB but just kinda sucks not having it on my HDD as sometimes my family will just take my USB expecting movies on it than losing it lol

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The same with N64 emulator also but is there any way to just add the emulator to FSD or Aurora and launch the emulator through there, and to not have it on a USB? Like ROMs on the HDD. I have a USB but just kinda sucks not having it on my HDD as sometimes my family will just take my USB expecting movies on it than losing it lol
With the N64 and PlayStation emulators, they have to be on a USB as far as I know.

Traace

Traace

Reaction score
Sin$
This guide ain't working for me, When i start a game on mine, the screen get corrupted and the console freeze.
It happen only on PCSXR-Xenon V0.62 and PCSXR 360 v2.0.7 - v2.0.9. Every other game, and homebrew is working perfect.

Someone knows whats going on? Any way to log that crash?

H

H7SA

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
This guide ain't working for me, When i start a game on mine, the screen get corrupted and the console freeze.
It happen only on PCSXR-Xenon V0.62 and PCSXR 360 v2.0.7 - v2.0.9. Every other game, and homebrew is working perfect.

Someone knows whats going on? Any way to log that crash?
If the developer of PCSXR added debug logging, xbWaton (in the SDK) would display them.

Dito

Dito

Irritable Genius
Reaction score
Sin$
With the N64 and PlayStation emulators, they have to be on a USB as far as I know.

Why is that? Does anyone know the technical reason? Can Xell not see the internal hard drive? I'm on the list of fussy people who want their emulators listed in Aurora with everything else! :biggrin:

midnightmodders20

midnightmodders20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why is that? Does anyone know the technical reason? Can Xell not see the internal hard drive? I'm on the list of fussy people who want their emulators listed in Aurora with everything else! :biggrin:
The only emulators that work for me on my internal drive is VBA360 and SNES360, I know MAME doesn't work for me lol
But I wish these emus worked on the internal drive

Dito

Dito

Irritable Genius
Reaction score
Sin$
The only emulators that work for me on my internal drive is VBA360 and SNES360, I know MAME doesn't work for me lol
But I wish these emus worked on the internal drive

MAME 0.72 works for me, but some of the ROMs don't. I did a little reading and learned that the problem comes from what version of MAME is used as the base. 0.72 is apparently pretty old and creaky. I can get Asteroids to run just fine, but I can't see the single raster dot that's used for your shots. That kind of ruins the fun. Tempest runs pretty good, but it's not the same without the spin wheel.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly have no clue. As far as Aurora goes, if it is like FSD insofar as you can set file paths to USB devices, you should be able to set one to it. Then again though, the N64 and PS1 emus are .elf and the GBA and SNES ones are xex.

Dito

Dito

Irritable Genius
Reaction score
Sin$
I know it's silly, but I prefer to pretend Xell doesn't exist. I needed it to extract my CPU key (whereupon I cheered with joy for my glitch had succeeded), but otherwise, I leave it alone.

alexhore

alexhore

RGH Artist
Reaction score
Sin$

Disclaimer, A rough simplistic explanation not completely so straight forward but should help explain why...

Emulators that run from Aurora or XexMenu are using MS kernel.

Emulators that are run using Xell are using the open perhaps more legal libxenon kernal.

Because your xbox can only run one kernel at a time a soft reboot is required to boot into Xell and use the libxenon kernal to run a Xenon.elf from the root of your drive.

So the easiest way to run Libxenon emulators is to stick them on the root of a usb stick and it will be found and run.

Dashlaunch has a nice Launch feature that will target the specific xenon.elf. You can stick all your Libxenon biased emulators into a specific folder say "LibEmus" on your hard drive and then launch them using that.

Would be good if someone could add a basic selection menu to Xell even if its hard coded to search within a specific folder.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any advantage to using this over the regular xex format pcsxr?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any advantage to using this over the regular xex format pcsxr?
I know this is a bit of a grave-dig, but I didn't even know there was an xex version of the playstation emulator. I only ever knew of this one.

Top Bottom
Login
Register