Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How to DFU restore your ipod

Ok so i'm tired of repeatedly typing the same thing over and over. From now on im going to just link people to this thread when the answer is put your ipod in DFU mode.

The quickest way to download the firmware is strait from apple
Code:
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
In the second dropdown box select the latest firmware for your iDevice then click download.

1) Plug your ipod in And open up itunes

2)Hold the Sleep and home button (AKA. The power and menu button) For 10 Seconds

homepower.png

3) Release the Sleep or power button (the one on top) and remain holding the Home button.
justpower.png

4) Wait for your computer to pick it up when itunes registers it you should get the following box. Simply click ok
iphonedfu.png

5) Hold shift on your keyboard and press the Restore button in itunes
shiftrestore.png

6) Locate your IPSW file.

locate.png

Operating System
  1. iOS
R

ronnoceel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: How to DFU restore your ipod

You can also just hold down the home button and sleep button untill the apple pic comes up and it gets you out of DFU mode, unless you did this to get new or custom firmware. This was a life saver when my computer didn't have enough memory to restore my itouch after I got all the jailbreaking stuff on it and it was stuck in the pre-jailbreaking mode. Btw I was using quickfreedom. This also works if your iPod or iPhone is stuck and freezes.

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: How to DFU restore your ipod

Nice tutorial. You should put that it can be used to unbrick and ipod and sort out problems or to downgrade so the noobs understand why you would do it!

Goldenboy

Goldenboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You actually only need to hold the home button after you let go off the power button for 12 seconds.

Good guide though :biggrin:

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You actually only need to hold the home button after you let go off the power button for 12 seconds.

Good guide though :biggrin:

It's normally 10. The dev team says 30 just because most peoples computers are slow and take a while to pick it up.

Goldenboy

Goldenboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's normally 10. The dev team says 30 just because most peoples computers are slow and take a while to pick it up.

I added the 2 second's cause people can't count to 10 perfectly, but since the Dev team said it i'll respect that, but then again it ranges to 10-30 seconds for everybody I guess :tongue:

E

ENORUT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand, so when you get to the IPSW file, what do you do then? and why don't you just hit restore, instead of shift clicking restore and finding that file?

Phoenix

Phoenix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand, so when you get to the IPSW file, what do you do then? and why don't you just hit restore, instead of shift clicking restore and finding that file?
If you just press restore, then it will upgrade to the newest firmware, which if you are looking to jailbreak your iDevice, then you might not want that IPSW. This way you can choose other firmwares that are compatible with your device.

Phoenix

Phoenix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
is this going to wipe my ipod of its music, etc.?
Sometimes it may, a couple of times I have done it and it reboots fine. Although the only time people need this is if there are problems and you want to restore, or it is a step to jailbreak the iDevice.

ModsBABY HD

ModsBABY HD

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Doesn't work on my Ipod, Error code 1611 - Try ****ing billions times, unstalling Itunes. Nothing works -.-'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register