What's new

Tutorial How to Create your own Xbox 360 250GB Harddrive with HddHackr Using a Flash Drive

• Thread starter Scottocs
  • Start date
  • Views 232,778
T

TwistedVIP

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey I did this awhile back, but it did not create Partition 2 for playing Original Xbox games. I recently wanted to play this, but couldn't because this HDD doesn't have those files to play it. Is there a way to, without deleting all the data, add Partition 2 to the HDD?

V

Videogame addict

Reaction score
Sin$
Do I have to connect the hard drive internally to my pc, or can I just flash/format the drive with a USB convertor?

T

ThoracicJosh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am getting a USB to SATA cable would that work and also, could I just connect a HDD with xport 360 and do this, just wondering?

ABigSoggy Wafle

ABigSoggy Wafle

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a western digital 250 GB scorpio blue i run the hddhackr and go all the way through to the hddss.bin file then it askes name of undo file so i just type undo wasnt sure what to type but anyway it asks if i want to make compatible with 360 i put y for yes then asks to make partitions 0 2 3 i put y for yes then runs for a sec and says western digital vendor info failed on port 0xff00 anyone figure out how to fix this thank you
Possibly wrong port? Your hd is plugged in internally correct? I had gotten the same error when I tried a SATA to USB converter. Check with Jungle Flasher to make sure that is the correct port.

Would you guys reccomend this model?

Western Digital 250 GB Scorpio Black SATA 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Notebook Hard Drive WD2500BEKT

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Notebook-WD2500BEKT/dp/B001CO3EKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273241180&sr=8-1
The OP has a list of Hard drives, if it isn't on there, I wouldn't try it.

Do I have to connect the hard drive internally to my pc, or can I just flash/format the drive with a USB convertor?
From what I can gather, yes. I have tried various ways(USB to SATA and the transfer cable) and so far no dice. There might be a way around it(doubtful) but, I think it would be easier to connect it internally. Preferable in place of your current hard drive so that you don't try and format the wrong drive.

Also, I have a question of my own. Despite the port being correct (I checked on both Jungle Flasher and iPrep), I still get the "No ATA Device Present" error message. Should have the hard drive plugged in while finding the port (don't know why that would do anything but, I am getting desperate)? Or how about trying a different port?

I am not going crazy here, am I? I mean, WD2500AAJS seems like a hard drive name to me. That isn't the hard drive I am trying to flash (obviously) but, it is the same port. Any information as to what I could be doing wrong, would be very helpful.

N

Neogio78

Reaction score
Sin$
I am having problems with this hack I actually made the flash drive on my desktop and then moved it to my laptop to hack the new drive. However, when I attempted to hack it just stayed in start screen flash utility. What am I doing wrong?

B

Blackout968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just wondering, do you guys know when it will be possible to make a 320gig hard drive with this method?

M

Meelaud

Reaction score
Sin$
This is my first post on any Xbox related forum site, forgive me for my troubles are ruthless, possibly simple to deal with. I have a WD2500BEVS - 22USTO manufactured in June 11 2008. (As far as I can tell, this drive is in the list of usefull hard drives at 250gb) I am successfully booting from my flashdrive, using HDDHackr, BUT HDDHackr cannot find an ata drive. It is a Western digital Scorpio series laptop hard drive. I have attempted this with two different laptops.
Does the se7ensins world have any suggestions?
Side Notes
-have formatted the hard drive in Fat 32 then Fat then NTFS. I know it does not play a part in HDDHackr's ability.
-I have also successfully booted from the hard drive prior to formatting it.
Thanks for any possible suggestion

W

weedahoe

Reaction score
Sin$
As much as i wanted to do this, I found it easier just to buy a BNIB 250 OEM HDD off ebay for $60 shipped

Doodle210

Doodle210

Everything in this world exists to wear you down.
Hardened Veteran Bright Idea Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
you should probably reupload the files... R.I.P. Megaupload...

Awcky

Awcky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so what does this do exactly make a 20gb hard drive on your 360 into a 250 gb?

MrRyanJames23

MrRyanJames23

Reaction score
Sin$
I purposely joined this se7ensins forum just to let you know this Tutorial still works.
Tested this on a seagate Western HDD was 160gb but only can use 120.. not that i'm bothered because now I have more memory :biggrin: One happy guy... The only thing I suggest is if it does not work using MS-DOS.. Use FREE-DOS... some HDD's require the right formatting option so FREE-DOS might work instead :smile: Happy flashing :biggrin:

And thank you Scottocs for this tutorial :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register