Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Copy Xbox Games using Craxtion
Written by AzzidReign​

How to rip and burn Xbox games to a disc and play them. This will teach you how to back up your Xbox games so they do not get scratched. Burning these games to DVD also allows you to add more than one game on the disc so you don't have to carry around as many games or waste disc space!

Interlude:
This is NOT a tutorial on how to make a Halo 2 disc to mod and play on XBL NOR does this show you how to burn Xbox 360 games. This is for the Original Xbox

Requirements
  • Modified Xbox Original (Not the 360 or Xbox One) - Either Softmodded or Hardmodded/modchip. Learn how to Softmod softmod your Xbox
  • A computer connected to the Xbox via router or crossover cable (not recommended). Here's how the setup should be for the router configuration:
  • Jz28tXm.jpg

(This is old, so you likely have a wireless connection now days if you have the wireless adapter for the Xbox)
  • [Click here to view this link]
  • [Click here to view this link]
  • DVD Burner - Make sure you have this.

Burning your Xbox Games
By using this tutorial, you will NOT be able to go on XBL with these discs...PERIOD! By using this tutorial, you agree to use this knowledge for only back up purposes.

crax7.jpg

That is what the program should look like when you first open it up.

Before you start, make sure that your modified dashboard is loaded up and your game is in the DVD drive. When the game is in the DVD drive, it shouldn't load as long as you have your modified dash (Evox, UnleashX, etc) loaded.

Step 1 - You will first want to click cancel on that wizard. Then go to the bottom left and double click on the Add Network Xbox.

crax1.jpg

If you do not know what your Xbox's IP is, look in your dash under network settings and you should see it there. **Note** I would make sure your IP is not set to static. If it is, say no and go to the bottom and click Save and Exit. Then restart your xbox and at the top of the network settings, you should see your IP (it should be the first one at the top). That's what you will put in for your IP.

crax2.jpg

Step 2 - Once you are connected, you can either use the Start Menu Wizard they provide, or you can navigate through the icons at the top to get what you want. Here's how you would get to the Wizard to use it.

crax3.jpg

This is what the Wizard looks like:
crax4.jpg

Step 3 - Now, it's time to take the data from the Xbox game and put it on your computer. Make sure the game is in the Xbox's DVD drive. When it is, in Craxtion, go down to Rip Disc.

crax5.jpg

Then click Rip to folder. Chose a folder you would like all the contents of the game to be put in. Then hit OK.

Step 4 - Once it is done ripping, a window will pop up to begin to create an iso. So click the folder you want to save it to and click OK.

Step 5 - Once it is done w/ the iso you can now burn it to DVD. I suggest you use ImgBurn.
Open up ImgBurn. Go up to MODE, down to ISO, then to WRITE. (The pictures show DVD Decrypter, don't worry about that)

Step 6 - Near the top, there is a source section/folder that you need to click.

dvd1.jpg

Click that and search for your iso. Click open when you find it.

dvd2.jpg

Step 7 - Put your DVD-R in. Once it reads that your dvd is empty, you will see the bottom icon (shows a hdd pointing to a disc) light up. Click that and it will start burning.

dvd3.jpg

When its done, check it out on the xbox.

You have now just finished making your own Xbox game backup.

Now, a lot of you people will run in to problems with the game being too big (such as Halo 2 and Conker: Live and Reloaded). You will have to go into your ripped contents and delete the following:
dashupdate.xbe
update.xbe
downloader.xbe

Those you can delete because they are for Xbox Live and you cannot go onto live with any of your burned games. If you have an NTSC TV (you have this if you live in the US), you can also delete any PAL Videos/Movies that are in the contents.

Side Note:
I want to point out right now that you do not have to go right into making the ISO after you rip it to your computer. What I do is I get as many ISO's onto my computer and see how many I can fit to one disc. I have been able to fit 4 games to far onto one disc...but with the right games, I think there is a possibility for 6, maybe more. But if you decide that you want just 1 game on there, you can still go to Make ISO on the Wizard or if you want to create a multigame disc, go to New Multigame Disc (check below).

crax6.jpg

Other Useful Tutorials/Links
How to FTP
FTP to your Halo 2 Maps
How to Mod Halo 2 for Beginners
How to Burn Games
How to use Auto-Installer Deluxe (v4.53 final or v4.6 unofficial)
Emulator Downloads
Emulator AutoInstaller

AzzidReign at Se7enSins

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
R

RoadKill

Reaction score
Sin$
ok
you said that you have to have a modded xbox but can you just do this with a soft mod does it need to be a hard mod?

C

Ca$h

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
A softmoded xbox is a moded xbox.... *laughs out loud then falls out of the chair

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ca$h...we cant make fun of someone who is trying to figure this out...how else will they figure it out? I think that you were the same way come to think of it?

Anyways, when you hear modded xbox it could mean 2 things. 1) It has a modded chip (which is HARDware) put in it to MODify the bios, hence the term HARDMOD. 2) Could have SOFTware in it to modify the bios, hence the term SOFTMOD. So either way, your xbox is modded. You need a modded xbox to be able to rip anything off it. You have ot have the dvd in while you are sitting in the modified dash (being evox, unleashx, avalaunch, etc.).

Does this help you out?

S

semperfikp

Reaction score
Sin$
hey i got a Q but i dont know where to post it so here it goes.... where can i put the halo 2 files if i wanted to play it off the xbox HDD C, E, F, G, X, Y, or Z?

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm pretty sure that you would have to rip the game to your computer. My suggestion would be to delete all the single player .maps and then add your "new" maps. If you dont want to overwrite the old maps, then you will have to do some mainmenu.map editing in dothalo and in a hex editor. Then once you have that figured out, you would just ftp it into your E:/Games folder. Restart your xbox, and then go to play games from hdd or something like that.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well...we werent really talkin about burning games that you downloaded illegally (from torrents
<
) So that you will have to find out on your own...tho somewhat of the same process.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
omg...I dont like saying this...but you are a N00B! Ok man, if you can't get the HINT that I gave you in my first post...then maybe you should try elsewhere. Here's another hint...go to the torrent section and learn to download torrents....................
<

V

vl CrisiS lv

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i no where to get the games from but i need help on how to connect to my xbox through this so i can do the 3rd step. plz help and yes i am a big noob but u can at least help me learn

O

OVERM1ND

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Try looking around the forums for a helpful section. It will probably have a topic in it called "How to FTP," or something to that effect. You can also use that little button up on top that says "Search." Not sure exactly what it does but it might help.

V

vl CrisiS lv

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
when i put in my ip addy it says that its wrong and it doesnt work, does your xbox and your computer have to be hooked up together through something

D

DarkShadow1

Reaction score
Sin$
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(undy @ Oct 23 2005, 10:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
when i put in my ip addy it says that its wrong and it doesnt work, does your xbox and your computer have to be hooked up together through something
[/b][/quote]

Yes, computer + xbox need to be hooked up to be able to FTP into your Xbox. Use a HUB or a Switch. Personally I prefer a Switch.
<

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Routers work fine....

D

DarkShadow1

Reaction score
Sin$
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AzzidReign @ Oct 23 2005, 11:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Routers work fine....
[/b][/quote]

Yeah but not everyone has a router. A lot of people are even still stuck in the Dial Up world. :speechless:

O

OVERM1ND

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarkShadow1 @ Oct 23 2005, 11:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah but not everyone has a router. A lot of people are even still stuck in the Dial Up world. :speechless:
[/b][/quote]

*cough* router = switch *cough*

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OVERM1ND @ Oct 24 2005, 05:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
*cough* router = switch *cough*
[/b][/quote]
Well, never heard anyone call a router a switch...makes no sense since mine doesnt have a switch either.

O

OVERM1ND

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AzzidReign @ Oct 24 2005, 07:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, never heard anyone call a router a switch...makes no sense since mine doesnt have a switch either.
[/b][/quote]

There are a few differences between a router and a switch but they don't really matter for anything here. A switch sends every packet it recieves outward on every port, regardless of which port/machine actually requested it. A router only sends each packet to the machine that requested them. They are similar enough that they are confused often, as the differences are negligible.

V

vl CrisiS lv

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
so i need a router so that i can play xbl and be on the internet at the same time. A router has more than one port right
<

Top Bottom
Login
Register