How to check if you are banned

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by zmasterg, Nov 6, 2009 with 12 replies and 36,800 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zmasterg

zmasterg zmasterg Premium

I found this video on youtube
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVmuJw_IPNg&feature=sub"]YouTube - How To Check if Your XBox 360 is Console Banned | Microsoft November Ban Wave | Mattie4321[/ame]

Here is the steps you dont need a video really its that easy.

Follow this guide: * Unplug hard drive and/or memory unit, * Turn on 360 with ethernet cable/wireless plugged in, * Go to "system settings" in the dashboard, * Click on "Network", * Click on "Test Xbox Live Connection" * Wait for the results, if it asks you to update click CANCEL. * Click on "Y (Yellow)" to get the status report up on screen:

If the status reports the following you ARE banned:

W: 0000-0008
    X: 0000-F001
    Y: 00A8-6820
    Z: 8015-190D (see this = banned) If your Z: is different you are NOT banned.
    ID: 0008-0000

Any other code in the Z: line such as "Z: 8015 - 1002" means you are NOT banned, the only code that means you are banned is "Z: 8015-190D", that is the banned code.

The person who made the video on youtube is matie432

2. KranK

KranK Seasoned Member

So if my console is banned, can i move my profile to another xbox and still use it? Or are both my xbox and profile banned.

3. zmasterg

zmasterg zmasterg Premium

Um i think if your console banned you need a new xbox, but your old profile will work
    if ur profile banned u just need a new profile..

4. Downin

Downin Enthusiast

Or you can gutswap it, or take it back say its scratching the discs.

5. KranK

KranK Seasoned Member

I am going to gutswap it tomorrow thanks walmart :smile:

How do i find out if Im profile banned?

6. iMoDxCoD

iMoDxCoD Enthusiast

Im pretty sure if your banned, it will tell you that you have been banned.

7. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Contributor

If you are console banned, it will tell you that you are console banned. If your gamer tag has been banned, then it will tell you that your gamer tag has been banned.

8. iDecryption

iDecryption Enthusiast

When I got console banned the suspended my account. After my suspension was up I tried signing in and got the invalid payment error. I called support and they told me that message means my account was banned for system tampering... I asked her why the hell doesn't it just say my account was banned? Then she got all crappy with me :rolleyes:. So if you have gotten a console ban theres a good chance they got your account as well because they are major douches.

9. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Actually no.

If you are modding a game then most likely your GT will be banned with your console.
    If you only have modded firmware. Then ONLY your console gets banned.
    If you GS mod after being reset. Good chance they will ban both your GT and Console

It depends on why you have been banned. Some are only Console bans. Some are both.

10. KranK

KranK Seasoned Member

I got banned for playing MW2 so am I just console banned? I didnt get an email on saying I was profile banned and I can still log onto xbox.com

11. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

your fine, if you were account banned, you would get a message on xbox.com

also if you have the latest kernel on your xbox, it will tell you its banned when you try to connect to xbl

12. OZ0NE

OZ0NE Enthusiast

Or you can just try connecting to xbox live and it tells you your banned. That works too.

13. EZYESS57

EZYESS57 Enthusiast

Yeah! This did not work for me. Never asked for an update. Displayed BANNED message right on test screen. I was in Preview Program however. Not sure if that makes a difference.

What is this UPDATE that it says is available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.