• Views 125,348
N

Nerve

Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Here is a small guide on how to cheat in call of duty 4 by making a lag switch. This will make players stop moving when you want them to.

You'll need a light switch, a screwdriver (Phillip's head), and an Ethernet cord).*

NOTE: You will need a light switch that you see regularly in your home. If you're not sure which one to get, ask a friend, family member, or local hardware store worker.
1. Cut the skin of your Ethernet cord so that you can see the internal wires.
2. Unwrap either the orange or green wire from the one it's wrapped to.
3. Cut either the orange or green wire, depending on your connection. Do NOT cut both wires.
4. Shave off the ends of the cut wire so that a great deal of the copper is showing (the brown stuff inside of the orange or green wire).
5. Wrap one end of the cut wire around one side of the light switch screws. Do the same for the other end of the wire and light switch screw.
6. Tighten the screws so that the copper is snug in between the light switch and screw. Do NOT over-tighten the screw, this will make your connection not work.
7. Plug your Ethernet cord in and go Online. When you are in a game, flip your switch 'OFF' to lag your connection--you'll know that it works if the other players stop moving. NOTE: If you keep your switch on 'OFF' for a long time, you'll 'lag out', which means you'll leave the game.
8. Flip your switch back 'ON' to make your connection normal again.

B

Brad816

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i did that before and i got baned because i did it to a xbox live someone and he said he would permanent ban me but it was only a week, So i would be careful doing this.

NsOmNiA

NsOmNiA

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
so basically its a standby button...

and if you have the button on your modem its the same thing.

H

HT117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've heard of people doing this before, but I have never tried this method. I just use the ICS, ZA, Cain & Abel, and Macro keyrecorder combination and it works perfectly. I've never got host ended game or any kind of ban thus far. I mostly just use the first three (ICS, ZA, & C&A) to force host when I play online so this doesn't happen to me :wink: and so the host doesn't end the game when they are about to lose in Sabotage.

E

ELIT3 LEG3ND

Reaction score
Sin$
IS there a way to glitch to lvl 10 prestige or get all gold weapons

Nice i will try this

H

HT117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
pino31 said:
Auto Standby?

Use the Search button at the top and type in Bridging and/or auto standby and it will lead you to a tutorial for each. Look for tutorials by Krafty.

l tags r dumb l

l tags r dumb l

I dont care about nothin...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ehhh, my philosophy has changed a little bit since i first started coming here. Basically i see it like this

Network Manipulation-Force Host= OK Standby with host=Not Ok

Glitching= OK, everyone can do it, and if you dont, u just put yourself at an disadvantage

with standby NO ONE has a chance, but at least with glitching, you can level the playing field by learning the glitch yourself.

:smile:

I

Irish Glitcher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Be careful with this my friend got permanently banned for doing this to a person who worked at xbox or something.

V

V Illuminati V

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah its possible you can get banned so don't do it like every match

O

olemiss2009

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
seems a little pointless just use the modem or auto standby

A

adom

Reaction score
Sin$
yo i wanna know more info on force host... i can tell when im the host, its so much better.. if i could force it to happen more then that would be rad.

B

benm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i woudnt try this cs my m8 got banned for 5 months from doing this in the time he was doing it he got a kill streak of 32.... but if u wish to risk it u should try it

Top Bottom
Login
Register