What's new

Tutorial How to change the Initial Bootlogo

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
DISCLAIMER:
Failing to follow this guide word for word may result in you bricking your device. If you want to attempt this guide, remember to double check what you are doing to ensure you have followed the steps correctly. I am not responsible for any damage YOU may inflict on YOUR devices.

You will all know by now that it is possible to change your bootlogo on any jailbroken iDevice by installing a tweak. In effect, when you are booting up your phone, the device is loading its operating system. The moment you will see your custom bootlogo appear is essentially when SpringBoard launches along with your tweaks.

We will be swapping the initial bootlogo, the white or black apple you see when you boot up your phone by something called a DClr_Override. So on a black or space gray device you will get a white bootlogo. On a white, silver or gold device you will get a black bootlogo. For a more detailed and in-depth explanation click HERE.

Compatible Devices:

• iPhone 5
  • iPhone 5S
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPad Mini 2
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
Do NOT attempt this guide on any device not in this list.

Now onto the guide.

1) You must be jailbroken. This can be an on any firmware you like.
2) Install OpenSSH from Cydia, you may find this on the default repos.
3) SSH into your device, I recommend using iFunbox to access the command line
4) Once on the command line, sign into root and copy and enter the follow sting if you want to get the WHITE bootlogo.
Code:
nvram DClr_override=00020000D8D9D700E3E4E10000000000
Copy and enter the following string if you want to get the BLACK bootlogo.
Code:
nvram DClr_override=000200009B9899003C3B3B0000000000
Now reboot your device and go show off your new bootlogo!

Notes (Important):
  • To revert back to the stock bootlogo simply type the following into the command line:
    Code:
    nvram -d DClr_override
    Restoring your device will not revert these changes as this is hardcoded into iBoot.
  • You will be able to keep this bootlogo even if you are not jailbroken, again, since this is hardcoded into iBoot.
  • You could follow this guide without using a computer by accessing the command line with mobileterminal. However, I highly recommend not doing so to avoid typos.
Credits: Dayt0n for discovering this 'hack'.

Last edited:
Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is just dumb. Doesn't boot logo work still? Just use that, that way nothing bad will happen. You gotta be Jailbroken for this so you might want to just do what's best.

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is just dumb. Doesn't boot logo work still? Just use that, that way nothing bad will happen. You gotta be Jailbroken for this so you might want to just do what's best.
This is different than bootlogo and stays after you unjailbreak/update. Black bootlogo looks quite nice on my white iPhone 5.

Hamzakid

Hamzakid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried it on my 8.4 Black iPhone 5 to get the white boot logo. Didn't work.

Code:
nvram: Error setting variable - 'DClr_override': (iokit/common) general error

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried it on my 8.4 Black iPhone 5 to get the white boot logo. Didn't work.

Code:
nvram: Error setting variable - 'DClr_override': (iokit/common) general error
Not sure what that error means. You need to be signed in to root though to edit your nvram. If you don't know what I'm talking about, on the command line type 'su'. It'll ask for the password which by default is 'alpine'. Now you can edit the nvram.

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
work on my iPhone 5 but not on my iPhone 6..i dont know why,did u?
It was confirmed to work on the iPhone 6, so I'm guessing you might have typed it in wrong? If you had typed the function in correctly but the long number string wrong, your iPhone would be bricked so you might have mistyped the function.
If you will, type "nvram -p" to simply print what is stored in the nvram and then double check if you wrote the following correctly: "DClr_override"

Top Bottom
Login
Register