What's new

Discussion How is Alienware still in business?

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just went on there site to see if they knocked some sense into their price analysts and it seems they haven't. Who in there right mind would buy from them?

Check this deal out xD. l33t deal

FusionJets

FusionJets

Nothing to do, nothing to say.
Reaction score
Sin$
I just went on there site to see if they knocked some sense into their price analysts and it seems they haven't. Who in there right mind would buy from them?

Because kids think Alienware is the coolest **** ever and have the best laptops for the best prices and gets someone to buy it for them. That's pretty much my experience with it whenever my little brother wanted one.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Same reason any other company is in business, they advertise really well.

Innovative

Innovative

○ Innovation By Idea ○
Chatty Kathy Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly it's all about brand name, look at clothing lines. They sell ridiculous outfits for a butt ton of money because it's known for certain stereotype! For example, Gucci "makes you look wealthy.." Alienware make you look like you have a powerful computer.. most times you can get a better computer for less, only thing is, it's off brand.

Deathshadow97

Deathshadow97

The Shadow Of Deaths
Reaction score
Sin$
Only thing worth from alienware are the cases. Have to admit. Some cases look awesome. The rest is worthless

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I think some kids legitimately think their laptops or ****** desktops are made by actual aliens. Only reason someone would waste so much money IMO.

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Only thing worth from alienware are the cases. Have to admit. Some cases look awesome. The rest is worthless
Yeah if alienware should Their chassis then they would make plenty of money. Even if they did they would still be $300+ .

Vergy

Vergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Same way apple is.

15" macbook pro starts at 2000. You can get many laptops with similar specs for under 600 bucks.

Skaterkid1999

Skaterkid1999

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think some kids legitimately think their laptops or ****** desktops are made by actual aliens. Only reason someone would waste so much money IMO.

Wait, they aren't actually made by Aliens? Well ****.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My friends thought Alienware is the best, I just laughed and walked away.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Same way apple is.

15" macbook pro starts at 2000. You can get many laptops with similar specs for under 600 bucks.
Except Apple actually make decent products. MacBooks are good for what they were made for, and there's no denying that OSX is better on laptops than Windows is.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Except Apple actually make decent products. MacBooks are good for what they were made for, and there's no denying that OSX is better on laptops than Windows is.

I despise OSX and Macbooks are overpriced as ****.

I got a 2009 macbook for 75 bucks used it was a good deal but I sold on ebay and got a cheap dell used laptop worse specs free I prefer over the macbook.

Last edited:
Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I despise OSX and Macbooks are overpriced as ****.

I got a 2009 macbook for 75 bucks used it was a good deal but I sold on ebay and got a cheap dell used laptop worse specs free I prefer over the macbook.
That's nice. You can despise what you want, but Macbooks are decent and OSX is far superior than Windows for mobility.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Some kids think they are a pro PC gamer if they decide to spend a lot of money on something they could build for much cheaper. Even if that population is small, Alienware's profits (based on some of what they put into their computers) are decent enough I would imagine.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
That's nice. You can despise what you want, but Macbooks are decent and OSX is far superior than Windows for mobility.

Apple OSX is less customizable, slower, ugly, less intuitive, less compatible with software and has literally no purpose to it.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Apple OSX is less customizable, slower, ugly, less intuitive, less compatible with software and has literally no purpose to it.
It's not slower, at all. It does have a purpose. Apple macbooks are amazing for people that will utilise them properly. For those that won't, yeah, they're pretty pointless. Battery life on OSX laptops however, is much better than Windows laptops because Apple optimise their OS for mobility. You won't be doing any gaming on one but they're good for social media people, and people who are doing any kind of photoshop type work, or just for work stuff.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not slower, at all. It does have a purpose. Apple macbooks are amazing for people that will utilise them properly. For those that won't, yeah, they're pretty pointless. Battery life on OSX laptops however, is much better than Windows laptops because Apple optimise their OS for mobility. You won't be doing any gaming on one but they're good for social media people, and people who are doing any kind of photoshop type work, or just for work stuff.

>Not slower
Have you ever used a mac?

>Optimized for mobility
How does one optimize for mobility what makes it better its slower, harder to navigate, less intutive, less customizable, less application support.

I want an OS I can just plug and play a random camera in and use Windows to import photos into C:\user\pictures and I wanna use NTFS USB sticks without having to download dodgy 3rd party software.

If all you do is social media please explain why Windows is inferior because you are using a more restrictive os, with shittier browser support (No waterfox for Mac), worse plugin support for things like Silverlight, Flash, shittier display drivers, horrible text scaling, inferior multitasking, inferior resource management.

Battery life is not any different you change battery settings based on what your doing if your using high performance profile which has CPU at 100% when plugged in on Windows it may use more. How is the OS optimized for mobility? Its much slower, takes longer to boot, takes longer to restart, what can be utilized by Mac? There is no benefit to using mac over windows its a clearly inferior operating system.

How is mac better for photoshop? Windows PS is much better than mac, social media is easier on windows especially when your getting into buggy mac version of skype and ****.

Top Bottom
Login
Register