What's new

Tutorial How Downgrade back to 3.55 to Rebug 4.65.2 convert CEX to DEX(Without Flashing Dumps)

• Thread starter Pianist Prodigy
  • Start date
  • Views 9,647
Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've been getting a lot of messages on how to downgrade to 3.55, then to Rebug 4.65.2 then convert from cex to dex. So, I recently was on Habib 4.66 sen enabled to 4.70 I decide to downgrade to 3.55 then install Rebug 4.65.2 then I convert to Cex from Dex using simple easy tut from NGU. So, I'm going to explain everything step by step in details from downgrade to 3.55 to installing Rebug 4.65.2 to convert to CEX to DEX.

How to downgrade to 3.55 OFW:
NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISC IN YOUR PS3 BEFORE DOING THIS.
Install Rogero 3.55 Downgrader
Install QA Toggle (if you already have it installed then skip this step)
Enable your QA Toggle
Install Rogero 3.55 CEX CFW v3.7
Install whatever CFW you would like over the 3.55
You can get all the files just click here

First you need to download Rogero 3.55 downgrader
Then Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
While on any CFW version, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be back on CFW3.55

Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
Install QA flag under "Install Packages"
Go to it and hit X, then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):
L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB
"USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP Rename this UPDAT.PUP
Start the PS3 and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" using the System Update from XMB.
Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW you want using the System Update from XMB ( or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn't work )

Note: If you get corrupt data when installing Rogero 3.7 3.55 CFW, just Turn on System Debug Update on the Debug Settings then try to update it again, it should work this time

So after you're on Rogero 3.55 v3.7 you can install whatever CFW you want, just place the file on your USB and rename it UPDAT.PUP then go to system update, update via storage, then follow the steps.

Here is the download link for Rebug 4.65.2 here

How to install Rebug 4.65.2:
1.Plug your USB into your computer and on the root, create a folder called PS3 and make sure its in capitals
2. Inside the PS3 folder, make another folder called UPDATE also in captials
3. Now place your chosen .PUP into the UPDATE folder
4. Change the name of that .PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
5. Plug your USB into your PS3 and head to system update, then update via storage media

Now that you're on Rebug 4.65.2 it time to convert from Cex to Dex Easy Way!

The download link for IDPSet v0.84 here
The download link to Rebug Toolbox v.02.02.02 here

How to convert from Cex to Dex (Without Flashing Dumps)
Download IDPSet v0.84 and Rebug Toolbox Install the .pkg files on your PS3.
Open Rebug Toolbox.
Make sure Toggle QA Flag is Enabled.
Restart the PS3.
Run the IDPSet.
Select "Dump eid_root_key". When finished you will be returned back to the menu.
Select "Make CEX & DEX Dumps". When finished you will be returned back to the menu.
Select "Convert to DEX". When finished your system will be restarted.
Open Rebug Toolbox.
Select "System Information".
If it says "LV2 Kernel: DEX", "Target Type: DEX", you have successfully converted to DEX

Congrats your Dex:biggrin:

Last edited:
grezinn

grezinn

http://www.youtube.com/user/onthegrezinn
Reaction score
Sin$
real nice for beginners that dont have a clue

Joshy

Joshy

Premium
Glitcher Mythical Veteran Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I've been getting a lot of messages on how to downgrade to 3.55, then to Rebug 4.65.2 then convert from cex to dex. So, I recently was on Habib 4.66 sen enabled to 4.70 I decide to downgrade to 3.55 then install Rebug 4.65.2 then I convert to Cex from Dex using simple easy tut from NGU. So, I'm going to explain everything step by step in details from downgrade to 3.55 to installing Rebug 4.65.2 to convert to CEX to DEX.

How to downgrade to 3.55 OFW:
NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISC IN YOUR PS3 BEFORE DOING THIS.
Install Rogero 3.55 Downgrader
Install QA Toggle (if you already have it installed then skip this step)
Enable your QA Toggle
Install Rogero 3.55 CEX CFW v3.7
Install whatever CFW you would like over the 3.55
You can get all the files just click here

First you need to download Rogero 3.55 downgrader
Then Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
While on any CFW version, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be back on CFW3.55

Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
Install QA flag under "Install Packages"
Go to it and hit X, then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):
L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB
"USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP Rename this UPDAT.PUP
Start the PS3 and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" using the System Update from XMB.
Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW you want using the System Update from XMB ( or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn't work )

Note: If you get corrupt data when installing Rogero 3.7 3.55 CFW, just Turn on System Debug Update on the Debug Settings then try to update it again, it should work this time

So after you're on Rogero 3.55 v3.7 you can install whatever CFW you want, just place the file on your USB and rename it UPDAT.PUP then go to system update, update via storage, then follow the steps.

Here is the download link for Rebug 4.65.2 here

How to install Rebug 4.65.2:
1.Plug your USB into your computer and on the root, create a folder called PS3 and make sure its in capitals
2. Inside the PS3 folder, make another folder called UPDATE also in captials
3. Now place your chosen .PUP into the UPDATE folder
4. Change the name of that .PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
5. Plug your USB into your PS3 and head to system update, then update via storage media

Now that you're on Rebug 4.65.2 it time to convert from Cex to Dex Easy Way!

The download link for IDPSet v0.84 here
The download link to Rebug Toolbox v.02.02.02 here

How to convert from Cex to Dex (Without Flashing Dumps)

Download IDPSet v0.84 and Rebug Toolbox Install the .pkg files on your PS3.
Open Rebug Toolbox.
Make sure Toggle QA Flag is Enabled.
Restart the PS3.
Run the IDPSet.
Select "Dump eid_root_key". When finished you will be returned back to the menu.
Select "Make CEX & DEX Dumps". When finished you will be returned back to the menu.
Select "Convert to DEX". When finished your system will be restarted.
Open Rebug Toolbox.
Select "System Information".
If it says "LV2 Kernel: DEX", "Target Type: DEX", you have successfully converted to DEX

Congrats your Dex:biggrin:

Doing this step by step so I don't mess up any more man. Great tutorial. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

RexxiTu8

RexxiTu8

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I would mind a hand with this if someone could help me :smile: give me a shout on Skype ZzLewisGZz :smile:

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I would mind a hand with this if someone could help me :smile: give me a shout on Skype ZzLewisGZz :smile:
What do you need help with? Because as long your on Rebug CFW then you good just simple convert from Cex to Dex in like less than 5mins.

RexxiTu8

RexxiTu8

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you need help with? Because as long your on Rebug CFW then you good just simple convert from Cex to Dex in like less than 5mins.
Okay, I'm on 4.70 habib at the moment, will do this tomorrow :smile:

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, I'm on 4.70 habib at the moment, will do this tomorrow :smile:
Just follow my tutorial, all gotta do is downgrade back to 3.55 then install Rebug 4.65.2. Then once you on Rebug CFW you can simple go to Dex in 5 mins that how easy this tutorial is. I've made it very detail for everyone to understand it.

RexxiTu8

RexxiTu8

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Just follow my tutorial, all gotta do is downgrade back to 3.55 then install Rebug 4.65.2. Then once you on Rebug CFW you can simple go to Dex in 5 mins that how easy this tutorial is. I've made it very detail for everyone to understand it.
Ok, thanks man! Will give you a shout tomorrow :smile:

cooljakub12

cooljakub12

Reaction score
Sin$
It wont show anything you wrote could you please send it to my skype: Jakub.zurek8 I was trying to jailbreak all day but I found tutorials saying I need 3.55 to jailbreak or it wont work

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It wont show anything you wrote could you please send it to my skype: Jakub.zurek8 I was trying to jailbreak all day but I found tutorials saying I need 3.55 to jailbreak or it wont work
What exactly it isn't showing? And what Firmware version are you on?

TechnoLAX

TechnoLAX

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you please help me? I am stuck and I can't do anything. Skype: Feariousity

D

Dexiest

Reaction score
Sin$
Can i go from 4.70 d-rex down to 3.55 (dex) then Rebug 4.65.2 D-rex?
or do i auto loose d-rex and go down to cex?

Top Bottom
Login
Register