1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

How do you burn/play back-up'd Gamecube games on a softmodded Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii Modding' started by Sosuke Aizen, Feb 12, 2012 with 3 replies and 6,795 views.

1. Sosuke Aizen

Sosuke Aizen Enthusiast

I'm trying to play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle via a burned disk because none of the Gamestops that are in driving distance have it in stock, and I can't order it off from Gamestop online xP
    I already have the GCM file for it downloaded, I just need to know what to do to make it where I can play it on my Wii C:

Please answer as soon as possible, and I will defffffinitely give +Rep to any poster that helps me out in this endeavor ^-^ Thank you guys!:biggrin:

2. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

Depending on how old your Wii is, you might be out of luck. Newer Wii's are incapable of playing backups from disc. Have you done anything to your Wii yet? The stickied guide will install a cMIOS (used for gamecube backups). Then you can grab the usbafter.zip files from the second post and load NeoGamma to see. To check without possibly wasting a disc, you can do this "In the latest NeoGamma, remove disc from the drive and select launch game from disc. You will get a read error. If it doesn't say anything about your drive, then it should capable of playing backups."

You could also look into DML. Although I can't comment on it personally as I have never used it.

-Erik

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  3. Sosuke Aizen

Sosuke Aizen Enthusiast

Well, I'm pretty sure it's old enough, got it back in either 2008 or 2009 :b
    I have soft modded it, I just need to re-install the homebrew channel cuz for some reason its not there on the Wii Channels' Menu atm.
    And which stickied guide are you talking about good sir? Provide me with links please or direct me?
    And I'll try the NeoGamma thing. Do I download that off the Homebrew marketplace, or do I get from the internet and put it on the SD card to put on the wii? o,o

4. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

The stickied guide at the top of this forum... Everything else you just asked about I answered in my first reply.

-Erik