What's new

Solved How Do I Make 555 Timer Rapid Fire Controllers?

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
So I am wanting to program my own 555 Timer chips for rapid fire, I want them to be around something like this...

RAPID FIRE MOD KIT FOR XBOX 360 CONTROLLERS - eBay (item 200344297975 end time Jun-19-09 06:23:44 PDT)

I plan on buying this chip programmer...

9 Pins ZIF 40 Microchip PIC Programming Programmer Kit - eBay (item 230344055059 end time May-22-09 06:39:16 PDT)

I have these type of buttons...

10 Tact Switch Buttons -- 360 Rapid Fire mod / kit !! - eBay (item 160334922766 end time Jun-11-09 23:52:01 PDT)

I just don't know what type of 555 timer chips to get, and I also want the rapid fire to be COD:WaW compatible. If somebody could supply me with what 555 time chip I need, what size resistors, and were to download the files to program the chips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
cheez cs said:
I just don't know what type of 555 timer chips to get,

cheez cs said:
and I also want the rapid fire to be COD:WaW compatible.

cheez cs said:
what size resistors

cheez cs said:
and were to download the files to program the chips, I would greatly appreciate it.

What is this I don't even.

To actually answer your questions, a 555 timer is the only type of 555 timer. 555 timer would be a specification.

They are always compatible. As long as you don't make it ridiculously fast.

No.

I believe the timer just shows up as a "removable storage device", iirc.

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
XboxMySocks said:
What is this I don't even.

To actually answer your questions, a 555 timer is the only type of 555 timer. 555 timer would be a specification.

They are always compatible. As long as you don't make it ridiculously fast.

No.

I believe the timer just shows up as a "removable storage device", iirc.

I am smart enough to know there are different models and brands of 555 timers, I want to know which is best.

The part of making it fast or slow, falls under programming it.

If you looked at the eBay link, resistors are needed in some cases.

That did not answer my question at all...

XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
cheez cs said:
I am smart enough to know there are different models and brands of 555 timers, I want to know which is best.

The part of making it fast or slow, falls under programming it.

If you looked at the eBay link, resistors are needed in some cases.

That did not answer my question at all...

They are all the same from my experience. Try to go for the ones that aren't sold at like, walmart, though.

Yes, and like i said, don't make it too fast or it won't work. You only want it as fast as humanly possible, or suspensions, bannings, and other **** arises.

Resistors, no. If you are using a wireless controller, you will need a cmos timer. They are run at under 3 volts.

It did, but it was vague. When you plug the programer with the chip into your comp, last i checked the chip showed up as a removable storage device.

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing about the speed is this... I have no idea how to program the chip.

Would this tutorial work? Would the type of chip work with the chip programmer I posted?

12F683 HEX

E

EnragedPanda

Reaction score
Sin$
big bump just for reference and clear this. 555 timers arent program like other PICs in sockets. They are "programed" using resistors and capacitors to connect certain pins. Thats how the pulse is created and controlled. Now everyone can sleep good tonight

Cmitch55

Cmitch55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So your saying that you can go to radioshack buy a 555 timer add the proper resistors and have a rapid fire

D

disconsented

Reaction score
Sin$
Just buy a PICaxe chip
Heres the code I would use:

Main:
if pin0 = 1 then ***
goto main:
***:
high 1
pause 10
low 1
if pin0 = 0 then main:
goto ***:

M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just buy a PICaxe chip
Heres the code I would use:

Main:
if pin0 = 1 then ***
goto main:
***:
high 1
pause 10
low 1
if pin0 = 0 then main:
goto ***:

LOL omg lol funny dude
a pic12f683 is not a 555 timer chip its 2 different ways to make rapid fire and 555's are more expensive i use free 12f683's and the fully customizable flex rapid fire software available at various modding sites :smile: can't post link but if u need help just ask :wink:

A

Ascended

Reaction score
Sin$
So I am wanting to program my own 555 Timer chips for rapid fire, I want them to be around something like this...

RAPID FIRE MOD KIT FOR XBOX 360 CONTROLLERS - eBay (item 200344297975 end time Jun-19-09 06:23:44 PDT)

9 Pins ZIF 40 Microchip PIC Programming Programmer Kit - eBay (item 230344055059 end time May-22-09 06:39:16 PDT)

10 Tact Switch Buttons -- 360 Rapid Fire mod / kit !! - eBay (item 160334922766 end time Jun-11-09 23:52:01 PDT)

I just don't know what type of 555 timer chips to get, and I also want the rapid fire to be COD:WaW compatible. If somebody could supply me with what 555 time chip I need, what size resistors, and were to download the files to program the chips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the 555 timer chip is a preprogrammed IC (integrated circuit) chip. It can be used along with resistors, some switching diodees and capacitors to make rapid fire through the triggers, but the required parts sometimes involves some modification to the controller shell and sometimes the removal of the rumbler. The PIC is a programmable Integrated circuit chip that when used with the proper resistors, allows rapid fire through the triggers utilizing either a remote mounted tac switch or through the sync button. Either can be made to work through the triggers or remote buttons/switches.

C

CONSOLEvMODR

Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks in advance.

a 555 timer is one of the worst ways to apply rapid fire. i used them way back in the xbox1 days most 555 timers require around 10 different resistors, capacitors, low voltage 555 timer IC, and a variable potentiometer. the completed circuit ends up being so big you have to remove a vibrator to install it and then its not usable on hardly any games now due to a lot of fps games take different speeds and games like cod waw need a different type of signaling or you will get limited 555 timers are not able to do that. the only thing i would use a 555 timer for now is i use a modified 555 timer for case mods to make leds flash a certain speed.

in short invest in a pic kit 2 and some 12f683 pics and acidmods has a alot of free open source pic code. topfire, felx rapid fire are two of the best open source rapid fire pic codes

but if you really want to use one i have some good schematics that use a variable pot to adjust the speed a bit

and Ascended a PIC is short for programmable interrupt controller the code for them is mainly a HI-tech C.

Top Bottom
Login
Register