What's new

How can I set up my second sky sr101 router to boost signals?

• Thread starter Scarlett Johansson
  • Start date
  • Views 320
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
I've recently moved houses and got a new router from sky. My signals don't go too far and I would like to use my old one as a extension, does anyone know how to set it up so that where ever my signals don't go my second router can boost them so they do?

Old router is a Sky SR101
New router is a Sky SR102

Thank you!

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, you just take a normal LAN cable plug it into one of the output ports on the main router and into the input port on the second router. Of course this way you'll have two networks and one of the routers would have to position in another room, other wise the signal will be just the same.

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, you just take a normal LAN cable plug it into one of the output ports on the main router and into the input port on the second router. Of course this way you'll have two networks and one of the routers would have to position in another room, other wise the signal will be just the same.
Okay so I've done that and even renamed the network, but the signals keep dropping. Both routers are in different rooms and DCHP has been disabled on the second router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register