how can i marry new dvd drive to my motherboard?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by alc, Jan 2, 2011 with 18 replies and 3,612 views.

1. alc

alc Enthusiast

just like the title says, how can i marry a new dvd drive to my motherboard?
  2. Ooh Emm Gee

Ooh Emm Gee Enthusiast

Idk, check IPY's topic mayb it is somewhat useful http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/335985-how-to-build-your-own-computer/
  3. DanKKlol

DanKKlol Enthusiast

mate. its the 360 support forum not the Computer support.

OT: you need to swap DVD key i would recommend using the same drive manifacture as the one you are using now else you are risking a pretty big chanse of getting XBL banned.
  4. Ooh Emm Gee

Ooh Emm Gee Enthusiast

rofl my bad i shud prob stop posting when i jsut wake up.. 2nd time ive done this within 5 minutes :P
  5. alc

alc Enthusiast

lol it is a 360, the drive in it now is no good and i have another one but need to swap the whole dvd drive (cant just swap the board out of it)
  6. DanKKlol

DanKKlol Enthusiast

no you can't since you need to swap DVD keys....
  7. fersy

fersy Enthusiast

if you still have the original drive the easiest way would be to get the dvd key from it and then use jungleflasher or whatever to spoof it into your new drive. assuming your old drive still powers on. if you cant get the key from your old drive for whatever reason like yove bricked it or whatever and you havent saved your dvd key anywhere then its a bit more complicated as you will probably have to extract your nand and cpu key and get it from there.

if theres any other way i cant be sure but if so im sure somebody will be along to tell us soon enough :lol:
  8. alc

alc Enthusiast

yeh it powers up but i get a message sayg 'to play this disc put it into a xbox360 console'

i am going to be JTAGing it so when i dump the nand i can get it from that? does anybody have a link on how to do this when i have my nand image?
  9. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Getting There

Acually you can swap logic boards as long as the revisions are the same.
  10. fersy

fersy Enthusiast

aye but thats assuming the dvd drive already in it is the original one with the correct dvd key but based on what its doing and the fact he bought it off somebody it sounds like it may not be the proper drive either
  11. DanKKlol

DanKKlol Enthusiast

yes but you still need to swap DVD key -.-
  12. Nickelodeon

Nope the drive-Key is contained in the logic board.
    1 person likes this.
  13. DanKKlol

DanKKlol Enthusiast

oh are we talking about switching the PCB or the whole drive lol?
  14. Nickelodeon

Correct, you know what I'm talking about.
    But both of us think the drive key or the drive is wrong so to the OP:
    Try to extract your drive-key and spoof it to another drive to see if the drive works, that way you'll now if it's the drive gone bad, or the key is wrong.
  15. SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy Contributor

from what i read in your other post the dvd key is wrong, so there is nothing you can do if the dvd key is wrong on the drive, unless the xbox is jtagable you cant recover the dvd key.
  16. fersy

fersy Enthusiast

he said in another post after i asked him to check that his drive that was in it is playing dvds and cds fine which would lead me to believe that whoever he bought it off tried swapping drives, put a good one in but didnt spoof the old key and osig to it and in fact that is the problem as opposed to a faulty drive. also i think he said it was manufactured in 06 but benq drives as far as i know appeared in 07 which if correct would also point to this being the incorrect drive for his xbox.
  17. Nickelodeon

That is correct.

Actually In the beginning of November 2006 the first Benq was introduced in the 360.
  18. fersy

fersy Enthusiast

which was why i said "as far as i know" because i wasnt 100% sure. ive never had any that old off anybody and even the 4 spare benq's i have here are 07 manufactured but thats just my experience and i hadnt checked it factually
  19. alc

alc Enthusiast

its a samsung, im jtaging it right now so how am i going to get the dvd key out the nand image?