Homebrew

Discussion in 'Wii Modding' started by XTrulyGiftedX, Feb 26, 2010 with 38 replies and 2,236 views.

1. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

ok got it
  2. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

Got the game playing? See it wasn't as hard as you thought, huh? :)

-Erik
  3. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

i didnt get any games playin cause i dont have noegamma and dont know where to get any isos but i did that part

could give me a link for neogamma
  4. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

Neogamma here

Code (Text):
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175361
    :)

And as far as isos, you can go here, it has almost EVERY ISO

Code (Text):
    http://tehparadox.com/forum/f76/hippyfreaks-wii-iso-only-thread-223534/
    If you want a program that you can copy and paste rs/mu/etc links into, google for "free rapid downloader" or "jdownloader"

-Erik
  5. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

i love u is there any way i can nominate u for being the ultimate wii god

which one do i chose
  6. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

I personally use both, some for different things... for megaupload "free rapid downloader" is good :) You will have to type in the first couple captcha, but after that, it normally downloads about 20 files without input :)

-Erik
  7. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

no but do i copy all of the files like i downloaded the r8 and what do i do with it
  8. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

Just extract the rar into the root of your sd card, if it asks you to overwrite files select yes... Then go into the hbc and launch neogamma and enjoy :)

-Erik
  9. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

hey i did all that i burnt a game and i put it in and clicked load from dvd and it said load ing game id then it said time out

like i did everything u told me to do i followed the guide to burn games put the game in the wii and it told me to restart my wii so then i took it out opened neogamma load from dvd it loads for like 1 minute then says internal error or max time out

also i just put in a regular game and it gave me a system update and all this i dont know what im doing
  10. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

post the exact error neogamma gives you.. You installed the cios249 wad, right?

Also, which version of neogamma did you try?

-Erik
  11. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

im pretty sure i did the cios thing and the error is dvd read time out also i have neogamma r8cs3

i used a dual layer verbatim and everything worked when i was burning it and i dwonloaded 8 parts to mario cart extracted the first one put the write speed to 2.4x

do i have to set the neogamma settings to anything
  12. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

mario kart isn't dual layer :)

Give me about 10 minutes, and I will load up neogamma and try playing a backup and report back...

-Erik

Ok, fwiw, I just installed rev17 as I mentioned above, threw neogamma rc3* found

Code (Text):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aniinjj0gzu
    on my sd card in the apps folder, and tried 3 backups and all loaded...

At the bottom of neogamma, does it say cios249 rev17? If so, I would bet money it is because you burnt it to a dl disc :) Try normal dvd-r's :) Preferably verbatim...
  13. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

hey btw i got everything working perfectly now but thanks for everything i have like 4 dif games on my flashdrive now
  14. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

Ok, good deal... they decided to change to site at a bad time for you... Was hoping you got it workin :)

-Erik
  15. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

haha yea i hate this new look y they change it
  16. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

Because overall in the long run, it is more secure, and keeps the server loads down I believe :)

-Erik
  17. XTrulyGiftedX

XTrulyGiftedX Enthusiast

hey if i were to get a external hard drive which one should i get that isnt really exspensive
  18. burritoboy9984

burritoboy9984 Member

Just depends. I personally prefer to use portable drives, as they don't require you to plug it into the wall (It gets power over usb.). But if you never move your wii, that isn't a big deal I guess. I don't recommend the NEW passport drives from WD. I bought the 1TB and I am not pleased with the connector to the drive, it seems flimsy and if I don't plug it in just right, and set it down just right, it won't work. I have had good luck with the elements drives. and the portable toshiba drives.

Code (Text):
    http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Elements-Portable-WDBAAR5000ABK-NESN/dp/B002CZQ4GU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268154872&sr=8-7
    That is a 500GB portable elements drive for $80 with free shipping and no tax. However I have no idea where you live, but if you are in the US, that is a fairly decent deal :)

Code (Text):
    http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Portable-External-HDDR500E04XK-Black/dp/B00307RM24/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1268154958&sr=1-1
    And that is the Toshiba drive for $80 with free shipping and no tax as well. Either one I would recommend equally from experience :)

-Erik
  19. yellowlemon

yellowlemon Enthusiast

lawl