What's new

Helpful to bypass tunables?

Zyhn

Zyhn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wanted to share that idea with you, its a program called charles, it is an HTTP proxy / HTTP monitor / Reverse Proxy that enables a developer to view all of the HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between their machine and the Internet. This includes requests, responses and the HTTP headers (which contain the cookies and caching information).

There is a lot to do with this program, you can also port forward, DNS spoofing, proxy settings and more..

Here are so screenshot
1: http://gyazo.com/f2e7af4c8b40ad84c912d3bbd0f596a4
2: http://gyazo.com/e6e9664e2dcb5ec1caba8ced68dafcf2
3: http://gyazo.com/f12a7d155a154dc047bc34b1c3f6f743

Download: http://www.charlesproxy.com/download/

Available on: Windows, Mac and Linux.

I will be working today to see if there is a way to bypass with the help of this program.

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Frame In Gold Modder Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't work, since the console doesn't use the proxy settings from your PC.

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesn't work, since the console doesn't use the proxy settings from your PC.

If you set it up as a transparent proxy it will. I had it working for XBOX on linux.

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, on linux it will work, not windows. The console won't use the Windows Proxy settings at all.

If you want to look into a 3rd party software you can look at a program called SoftPerfect Bandwith Manager. Ive known about it for a few days now, I just dont like telling people to download Trial software that clutters up after the trial expires, but it should work with setting up a transparent proxy just google for a tut.

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to look into a 3rd party software you can look at a program called SoftPerfect Bandwith Manager. Ive known about it for a few days now, I just dont like telling people to download Trial software that clutters up after the trial expires, but it should work with setting up a transparent proxy just google for a tut.
For Windows? And the console will recognize it? Because I've basically came to the conclusion that this is impossible on Windows.

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
look up a tut i saw a vid of some guy setting it up for squid and squis ~= charles so yea

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Reaction score
Sin$
look up a tut i saw a vid of some guy setting it up for squid and squis ~= charles so yea
Well, I have everything set up correctly and working, and on the console's Web Browser, the prod.ros link redirects me to the tunables file.

However, when I load the game, I'm getting the $100 passive mode and the stock tunables, I'm assuming the same problem as you. :frown:

I tried Map Local and also URL Rewrite in Charles, and they both did that.

Have you found a fix for it?

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I have everything set up correctly and working, and on the console's Web Browser, the prod.ros link redirects me to the tunables file.

However, when I load the game, I'm getting the $100 passive mode and the stock tunables, I'm assuming the same problem as you. :frown:

I tried Map Local and also URL Rewrite in Charles, and they both did that.

Have you found a fix for it?

no

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Reaction score
Sin$
headers or the fact that the file is encrypted
Well, I know the people that have gotten it working, their DNS servers redirect the prod.ros link to prod.cloud and it actually shows prod.cloud in your URL bar. In wireshark, it shows as two different requests, first is the prod.ros one and then is the prod.cloud one. And I'm guessing the prod.cloud one is then redirected to the modified file. I believe this is a 301 redirect? So what would that bypass or fix? The header or encryption?

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I know the people that have gotten it working, their DNS servers redirect the prod.ros link to prod.cloud and it actually shows prod.cloud in your URL bar. In wireshark, it shows as two different requests, first is the prod.ros one and then is the prod.cloud one. And I'm guessing the prod.cloud one is then redirected to the modified file. I believe this is a 301 redirect? So what would that bypass or fix? The header or encryption?

idk i tried doing a 301 redirect to prod.cloud with no luck

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Reaction score
Sin$
idk i tried doing a 301 redirect to prod.cloud with no luck
To be completely honest, I'm not sure how I did it (I think my PC is still using a DNS for some reason, even though I set it back to normal), but all requests to prod.cloud for the tunables comes up with a 301 Moved Permanently in Charles.
fb1e24860f4468c3d030e47f313dfc17.png

The Client Address is my console's IP, and the IP after the Remote Address is the IP of the DNS I was messing around with. I have no clue why it's still using that DNS, though, since I changed all my settings back on my PC.

Anyway, it gets redirected to the prod.cloud URL, and I have that set to then be mapped locally.
5896b1ac542cc040c00965dec6af6686.png

And the User Agent and SCS Ticket are the same for each.
0bcfc23dab3cd665140ed64b13f0d511.png

7658ce6d1d28a4bcf284fba827ab3eb2.png

But in the end, my tunables file from my computer DOES load perfectly fine. Although I think it's getting help from the 301 redirect from the DNS server for some reason. I have NO clue why my computer is still even using it...

Zyhn

Zyhn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To be completely honest, I'm not sure how I did it (I think my PC is still using a DNS for some reason, even though I set it back to normal), but all requests to prod.cloud for the tunables comes up with a 301 Moved Permanently in Charles.
fb1e24860f4468c3d030e47f313dfc17.png

The Client Address is my console's IP, and the IP after the Remote Address is the IP of the DNS I was messing around with. I have no clue why it's still using that DNS, though, since I changed all my settings back on my PC.

Anyway, it gets redirected to the prod.cloud URL, and I have that set to then be mapped locally.
5896b1ac542cc040c00965dec6af6686.png

And the User Agent and SCS Ticket are the same for each.
0bcfc23dab3cd665140ed64b13f0d511.png

7658ce6d1d28a4bcf284fba827ab3eb2.png

But in the end, my tunables file from my computer DOES load perfectly fine. Although I think it's getting help from the 301 redirect from the DNS server for some reason. I have NO clue why my computer is still even using it...

So is the tunable working?

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Reaction score
Sin$
So is the tunable working?
Yes, it works for me, but its still using the DNS server to do the 301 redirect. I need to figure out how to get it to work without using the DNS server. But I don't even know how my computer is still using the DNS...

Top Bottom
Login
Register