What's new

Question HELP! PSP 1001 only works when plugged in, Wont recognize battery (no orange light either)

• Thread starter zach hildreth
  • Start date
  • Views 8,303
zach hildreth

zach hildreth

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a PSP 1001 that has a problem. Its still running 6.20 and I cant even update to 6.60 because "the battery is too low". Problem is it will only turn on when plugged in with the wall charger. It will work when plugged in with or without a battery in it.

It wont recognize the battery. Ive tried two. I have a 3.6V 1800 mAh generic one that came with it, and a 3.6V 1700 mAh "rayovac" one I bought because I figured it was a battery problem.

When I put either battery in, there is no orange charge light. When I go to battery information under settings it just says:

Charge Level -
Hours Left -
Power Source External
Battery Status -

The contacts in the battery bay look clean and undamaged.
I have formatted the mem stick and system restored countless times.
This is really frustrating me because I want to run 6.60 CFW.

Just please tell me what I can do to fix this, or what parts I need to order. I am pretty tech savvy so I am capable of changing something in the internals if I need to. I just need to know what to do. Please help.

Thank you.

Last edited:
zach hildreth

zach hildreth

Reaction score
Sin$
Ive left it plugged in overnight to try and charge it and as soon as I unplug the AC adapter it shuts off completly. I know its not recognizing the batteries, but the contacts look clean so I just need to know what specific parts to find on ebay to repair it or if anyone with a similar problem has found a fix.

CRDNight

CRDNight

Dota 2/LoL
Hardened Veteran Jokester Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive left it plugged in overnight to try and charge it and as soon as I unplug the AC adapter it shuts off completly. I know its not recognizing the batteries, but the contacts look clean so I just need to know what specific parts to find on ebay to repair it or if anyone with a similar problem has found a fix.
I got nothing. Try google or youtube for help

Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I suggest ordering a replacement battery from Sony. Did you get the protection plan with it? I believe that covers if the battery can't hold a charge.

Top Bottom
Login
Register