What's new

Discussion Hello Fellow Designers! Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plaz

Plaz

Getting There
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello GFX and Designers! im really intrigued to get into designing and GFX but i dont know where to start. i was wondering if someone could teach me how to design. i really want to learn so if you can msg me in PM or Comment below
If you have any Youtubers you like to watch or you yourself like know how to GFX and design and would like to teach me/Help me learn to design please PM or Reply in this thread

FragsUp

FragsUp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Choose some software to get started on like GIMP or Photoshop and then start watching YouTube tutorials on whatever you want to learn. While watching, don't just follow the video step by step but instead learn how everything you're changing functions. For example gaussian blur, lasso tool, layer masking, etc. After a while you'll find it easy to start bring your ideas into the program.

2. Another big thing is to resist plugins as long as possible since they become something you rely on very quickly. If you want to achieve a nice glow effect or a color correction, learn to do it with color curves and saturation instead of clicking one button to get the effect you want to go for.

3. Practice whenever you have free time by trying to duplicate something someone else has already done. I don't mean try to do some hyper-realistic work but try to start with something simple.

4. Kind of a small tip but make sure you understand file formats and things like resolution so that your work can be more clean.

That's all I got right now but I'd be happy to answer some questions if you have any. As for teaching I don't really have the time, especially now that I'm going to be working full time but I'd be happy to lend a hand here and there if you need anything.

Arma

Arma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, try watching DesignsAcademy, BakerTuts, and watch speedarts from SoarStudios & FaZe Studios

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, try watching DesignsAcademy, BakerTuts, and watch speedarts from SoarStudios & FaZe Studios
No seriously don't. These aren't the best people to watch for learning how to get into Photoshop.

Look at EvanEckard, BlueLightingTV, Howard Pinsky, MatrixGfx, MtMograph and Phlearn. These are the ones that will get you progressing because of the range of tools that you'd be using.

Plaz

Plaz

Getting There
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
hahaha, Thank you all so much for all of the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register