• Start date
  • Views 6,132
B

bballa03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Code:
This thread is solely dedicated to halo 2 which is, IMO, the best game ever made. I recently discovered that xbl for h2 will be shut down in less than a month, and I started thinking about all the memories I had from that game.

I'm going to share with you guys my story of halo 2 and how it impacted my life, and u guys can do the same

it all started when I was very young and halo 1 was in it's prime. I used to play that game with my neighbors an I thought it was great (coop campaign anyone?).
Then halo 2 came out. At the time I dis not own an xbox so I was limited to playing at friends houses. It wasn't until about mid 2006 that I got a 360. I got halo 2 finally in late 2006.
My addiction to h2 was incredible. I would play tht game for so many hours in a row it was most likely not good for my health. I loved the gameplay. I loved every part of it.
Then I discovered modding. I saw played against one for the first time in matchmaking and I thought it was some kind of test, so I finished the math and tried to beat him thinking I would get some kind of reward if I did LOL. I was young don't make fun of me. So when I finally figured out what modding was, I decided to try to learn. I found halomods before this site, but I eventually found my way here. I was a guest for the longest time but finally decided to join sometime in 2008. Anyway I didn't really belong at halomods because once I learned how to mod I
did a little bit of mm mods myself (cmon we all did at least once)
I liked this place better. So I stayed.
Anyway I played halo 2 through 2007 until halo 3 came out. Then I stopped playing for a while until now. Playing halo 3 made me realize how great u2 really was. I just wish I could go back in time and do it all again.

In short, halo 2 was epic. The fact that it had glitches such as superjumps and you could mod
it just added to it IMO. It really brings a tear to my eye to think back to these times. This community changed my life during tht time, not only by teaching me how to mod, but also helping me learn more about computers in general. I love this community and halo 2. But while the halo 2 online goes down, the mods and memories will live on. I have been with this community since the beginning and will stay till the end!

Long live se7ensins, and rip halo 2.

H

helldemon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i know what you mean h2 was the all time greatest game ever played

T

TheHamiltons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what evidence do you have that the xbl will be shut down:confused:cared:?

Cancel that . I called Xbox Support and they told me that just xbox live service on the original xbox will be shut down. You can still play Halo 2 online on the xbox 360 console.:thumbup:

N

nickcas

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Alexhamilton95 said:
what evidence do you have that the xbl will be shut down:confused:cared:?

Cancel that . I called Xbox Support and they told me that just xbox live service on the original xbox will be shut down. You can still play Halo 2 online on the xbox 360 console.:thumbup:

lol, no you cant. Once April rolls around that's it.

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
did microsoft tell you that you could play it on the 360?

X

xEMGx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't get why they would do that, anyone know if you could still actually play it, like if it will still support original xbox games. Non-XBL?

N

nickcas

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
xKiLLKraZYx 619 said:
I don't get why they would do that, anyone know if you could still actually play it, like if it will still support original xbox games. Non-XBL?

Yeah you can still play it.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
xKiLLKraZYx 619 said:

Like they stated once before. Its not for xbox 360 either. The friends list is hard coded into xbox 1 games and only supports 100 friends. There giving us more friends so its not compadible. Besides shutting down those rusty old servers will give more server power to xbox 360 users.

T

TheHamiltons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RaidersFan said:
did microsoft tell you that you could play it on the 360?
Yes they did. You can call 1-800-4-myxbox and when it say all the choices say agent then say xbox live and ask the person after april 15 can i still play halo 2 online on my xbox 360 and they will say yes. The guy said that there will be a bunch of update to it. :biggrin:

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
dEku

dEku

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
*The only post on topic*

My best Halo 2 memory was this one time I was playing Snipers with my friends and I bounced out of Headlong and I was camping out there and I made this one kid cry because every time he tried bouncing on the crane, I headshotted him and was PISSED! I also had the time to do the X building bounce and run around outside the map, lol.

I let him up one time and he shot me once but I ran around a building and killed him. :thumbup:

He was screaming after the game was over and we left really fast. We were around level 32 or 33 snipes at the time. Later on we let the kid join up because he was pretty good at sniping and when he was with us he wasn't annoying and didn't scream. He wasn't a little kid either but it was still hilarious. :w00t:

Cam8528

Cam8528

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bballa03 said:
This thread is solely dedicated to halo 2 which is, IMO, the best game ever made. I recently discovered that xbl for h2 will be shut down in less than a month, and I started thinking about all the memories I had from that game.

I'm going to share with you guys my story of halo 2 and how it impacted my life, and u guys can do the same

it all started when I was very young and halo 1 was in it's prime. I used to play that game with my neighbors an I thought it was great (coop campaign anyone?).
Then halo 2 came out. At the time I dis not own an xbox so I was limited to playing at friends houses. It wasn't until about mid 2006 that I got a 360. I got halo 2 finally in late 2006.
My addiction to h2 was incredible. I would play tht game for so many hours in a row it was most likely not good for my health. I loved the gameplay. I loved every part of it.
Then I discovered modding. I saw played against one for the first time in matchmaking and I thought it was some kind of test, so I finished the math and tried to beat him thinking I would get some kind of reward if I did LOL. I was young don't make fun of me. So when I finally figured out what modding was, I decided to try to learn. I found halomods before this site, but I eventually found my way here. I was a guest for the longest time but finally decided to join sometime in 2008. Anyway I didn't really belong at halomods because once I learned how to mod I
did a little bit of mm mods myself (cmon we all did at least once)
I liked this place better. So I stayed.
Anyway I played halo 2 through 2007 until halo 3 came out. Then I stopped playing for a while until now. Playing halo 3 made me realize how great u2 really was. I just wish I could go back in time and do it all again.

In short, halo 2 was epic. The fact that it had glitches such as superjumps and you could mod
it just added to it IMO. It really brings a tear to my eye to think back to these times. This community changed my life during tht time, not only by teaching me how to mod, but also helping me learn more about computers in general. I love this community and halo 2. But while the halo 2 online goes down, the mods and memories will live on. I have been with this community since the beginning and will stay till the end!

Long live se7ensins, and rip halo 2.

br0, YOU bring a tear to my eye. i loved halo 2, and still do. once in a while i still mod that game, y'know, proj mods, stuff like that. i also was a guest here for a very long time and registered in '08. that account got banned recently, because of being caught up in the january '10 holocaust.... i still love this site too, but honestly - i think since call of duty mods came out, people have been becoming very hostile, and mean to everyone. dont get me wrong, if someone finds something, they are entitled to bragging rights, and keeping that find a secret, but cmon, rthere's no need to rub it in everyones face, and when someone leaks it, theres no need to get angry. this whole idea of modding now-adays has been going downhill. i remember when i needed a bit of help in h2 modding, people would be DELIGHTED to help me. but now, a lot of the newbies get a big huge: LETMEGOOGLETHATFORYOU link, which hurts.

w/e i guess there is no going back now. modding had its golden days back in h2, and now its gotten better mods, but people's attitudes have become MUCH worse.

this whole mishap brings MANY tears to my eyes as well :.(....
i feel modding will eventually come crashing down, and it will be nobodys fault but our own for not helping other fellow modders.

hooray for being jerks!:thumbup:
^^^btw thats sarcasm^^^

T

TheHamiltons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The information i had got from a reprsetitive was incorrect. I called again today to confirm it and you all were right. :thumbdown:

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
i never really played this game online. but had great lan parties. i remember one time, me and some buddies hooked up two xbox's and had a 4 on 4 partay. being in my room with 2 tv's turned from eachother. just screaming across the room whenever you teabagged someone.
what was great was that there was no theater. so you could always go to school the next day and tell your buds about what you did. you could always get into the great stories on how you were doing, then how you got that great stick or no scope. theater is great ofcourse. they get to see what you were doing. but when telling, you were able to use your imagination on how things went down.
ha, i remember one time, me and a bud of mine played 1 game for like 4 hours straight. it was supposed to be first 50. we got there, and decided to keep going. then first to 100. nope, then to 200. then to 300. and the game was even the whole time. eventually, he just turned it off when he was like 2 or 3 ahead of me.
not many games do this to people. it's gonna really suck though, like 5-10 years from now. when your going through your closet or whatever and you find your xbox. and be like "hey, let's try xbl", but realize that you can't :cry:
i really hope microsoft try's to find a way around this. even if there isn't a lot of people playing it. it has it's history.

B

bballa03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dEmOniiCaNgEl said:
*The only post on topic*

My best Halo 2 memory was this one time I was playing Snipers with my friends and I bounced out of Headlong and I was camping out there and I made this one kid cry because every time he tried bouncing on the crane, I headshotted him and was PISSED! I also had the time to do the X building bounce and run around outside the map, lol.

I let him up one time and he shot me once but I ran around a building and killed him. :thumbup:

He was screaming after the game was over and we left really fast. We were around level 32 or 33 snipes at the time. Later on we let the kid join up because he was pretty good at sniping and when he was with us he wasn't annoying and didn't scream. He wasn't a little kid either but it was still hilarious. :w00t:

lol superbounces were the **** especially headlong. But i think the best ever was tower of power that was just so fun.

Cam8528 said:
br0, YOU bring a tear to my eye. i loved halo 2, and still do. once in a while i still mod that game, y'know, proj mods, stuff like that. i also was a guest here for a very long time and registered in '08. that account got banned recently, because of being caught up in the january '10 holocaust.... i still love this site too, but honestly - i think since call of duty mods came out, people have been becoming very hostile, and mean to everyone. dont get me wrong, if someone finds something, they are entitled to bragging rights, and keeping that find a secret, but cmon, rthere's no need to rub it in everyones face, and when someone leaks it, theres no need to get angry. this whole idea of modding now-adays has been going downhill. i remember when i needed a bit of help in h2 modding, people would be DELIGHTED to help me. but now, a lot of the newbies get a big huge: LETMEGOOGLETHATFORYOU link, which hurts.

w/e i guess there is no going back now. modding had its golden days back in h2, and now its gotten better mods, but people's attitudes have become MUCH worse.

this whole mishap brings MANY tears to my eyes as well :.(....
i feel modding will eventually come crashing down, and it will be nobodys fault but our own for not helping other fellow modders.

hooray for being jerks!:thumbup:
^^^btw thats sarcasm^^^

That started actually when halo 3 was first modded. Everyone was all secretive and nothing was shared. They had their reasons though. I remember in h2 modding it was like i discovered something, and im releasing it i dont give a **** what happens! those were the days lol

RaidersFan said:
i never really played this game online. but had great lan parties. i remember one time, me and some buddies hooked up two xbox's and had a 4 on 4 partay. being in my room with 2 tv's turned from eachother. just screaming across the room whenever you teabagged someone.
what was great was that there was no theater. so you could always go to school the next day and tell your buds about what you did. you could always get into the great stories on how you were doing, then how you got that great stick or no scope. theater is great ofcourse. they get to see what you were doing. but when telling, you were able to use your imagination on how things went down.
ha, i remember one time, me and a bud of mine played 1 game for like 4 hours straight. it was supposed to be first 50. we got there, and decided to keep going. then first to 100. nope, then to 200. then to 300. and the game was even the whole time. eventually, he just turned it off when he was like 2 or 3 ahead of me.
not many games do this to people. it's gonna really suck though, like 5-10 years from now. when your going through your closet or whatever and you find your xbox. and be like "hey, let's try xbl", but realize that you can't :cry:
i really hope microsoft try's to find a way around this. even if there isn't a lot of people playing it. it has it's history.

Lmao bro same here. not only was matchmaking fun, but i spent hours on end in custom games on lockout. So fun. But you're right about that, it depresses me that in a few years we cant go back online and relive the good times /:

T

TheHamiltons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The gayest thing is, i pay 50 dollars a year for xbox live dont you think we should have a say in this?!? :cursing:

Top Bottom
Login
Register