What's new

Half-Life 3 Being Worked On!

Omegle

Omegle

¿Quién es 'Sombra'?
Reaction score
Sin$
Valve-logo-the-bald-guy.jpg

Half-Life 3 is real and it’s in the works right now, a former Valve developer has confirmed.

Speaking in a Twitch interview with goRGNtv, former Valve employee and one of the creators of Counter Strike, Minh Le, has revealed that the Steam owner is currently piecing together the eagerly awaited Half-Life 3, although there is currently no word on when it will launch.

Questioned on the existence of Half-Life 3, Le started off coy before offering a few, more juicy details.

“I don’t think I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it’s kind of public knowledge that people know that it is being worked on,” he told his interviewers.

The Counter Strike co-founder added: “If I was to say 'yeah, I've seen some images' like some concept art of it that wouldn't be big news.

"I guess I could say that I did see something that could be in the Half-Life universe. I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said yeah they're working on it.

"To go out on a limb, I would say I did see some Half-Life 3 concept art."

Although suggesting that confirmation that Half-Life 3 is in the works is “old news by now,” Valve has yet to formally acknowledge the existence of the game.

As well as revealing that Half-Life 3 is being ‘worked on’, Le also offered some early insight into a “new Left 4 Dead” title which has yet to be confirmed by Valve.

"It wouldn't be any news if I said 'yes, I saw it' and it looks great," Minh said before adding: "I was really excited when I saw that, like 'wow, this looks great’.”

Despite Minh’s insight, it is not yet clear whether or not Half-Life 3 will be showcased during next month’s E3 conference in LA.
"I don't think I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it's kind of public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on," Le said of the long-fabled Half-Life 3, speaking on podcast goRGNtv. "I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said they're doing it, they're working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I'd say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3."

Le also confessed to being "really excited" about a new, unannounced entry in the Left 4 Dead series. "I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like 'wow, this looks great'."

Let's hope Le doesn't get into any trouble; he says that these revelations seem "like old news by now," but the famously tight-lipped Valve has never acknowledged the existence of HL3 or L4D3, sequels to two of the most popular series in PC gaming.

Last year, mentions of both Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 were found in Valve documentation. Valve head Gabe Newell has said, however, that he wants the company to explore multiplayer gaming rather than churn out Half-Life sequels.

Source: http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/half-life-3-confirmed-by-valve-developer
Source:http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/23/half-life-3-being-worked-on-says-counter-strike-creator

Last edited:
Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes.

Omegle

Omegle

¿Quién es 'Sombra'?
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes.
You wont see gameplay yet. But just for a little fun joke that could be taken as serious, Portal has 6 letters and there are 2 portals. 6-2=3= Half life 3 :tongue:

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Valve-logo-the-bald-guy.jpg

Half-Life 3 is real and it’s in the works right now, a former Valve developer has confirmed.

Speaking in a Twitch interview with goRGNtv, former Valve employee and one of the creators of Counter Strike, Minh Le, has revealed that the Steam owner is currently piecing together the eagerly awaited Half-Life 3, although there is currently no word on when it will launch.

Questioned on the existence of Half-Life 3, Le started off coy before offering a few, more juicy details.

“I don’t think I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it’s kind of public knowledge that people know that it is being worked on,” he told his interviewers.

The Counter Strike co-founder added: “If I was to say 'yeah, I've seen some images' like some concept art of it that wouldn't be big news.

"I guess I could say that I did see something that could be in the Half-Life universe. I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said yeah they're working on it.

"To go out on a limb, I would say I did see some Half-Life 3 concept art."

Although suggesting that confirmation that Half-Life 3 is in the works is “old news by now,” Valve has yet to formally acknowledge the existence of the game.

As well as revealing that Half-Life 3 is being ‘worked on’, Le also offered some early insight into a “new Left 4 Dead” title which has yet to be confirmed by Valve.

"It wouldn't be any news if I said 'yes, I saw it' and it looks great," Minh said before adding: "I was really excited when I saw that, like 'wow, this looks great’.”

Despite Minh’s insight, it is not yet clear whether or not Half-Life 3 will be showcased during next month’s E3 conference in LA.
Do you have a source?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
1+1+1=3 Half life 3 confirmed.
HNM0IF0.png
The "A" consists of 3 lines...Half Life 3 Confirmed :tongue:

Okay from this point on, anymore half life 3 confirmed posts will be considered as spam. Please only post if you would like to discuss the article at hand

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
HNM0IF0.png
The "A" consists of 3 lines...Half Life 3 Confirmed :tongue:

Okay from this point on, anymore half life 3 confirmed posts will be considered as spam. Please only post if you would like to discuss the article at hand
I'm glad they are finally working on it though. The second one was really good :tongue:

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh yeah i got a source, was i supposed to put it in the OP?
If this was submitted to the homepage than yes. But I myself, was just asking for it, since it seems like this came out of no where

Omegle

Omegle

¿Quién es 'Sombra'?
Reaction score
Sin$
If this was submitted to the homepage than yes. But I myself, was just asking for it, since it seems like this came out of no where
Alright ill put the source(s). Trust me, it didnt come out of no where 
There, sources are up :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register