What's new

Discussion GTX 1000 series only supports 2 way sli.

• Thread starter Prefix_NA
  • Start date
  • Views 1,864
denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Nvidia has been intentionally holding back the industry for years. And there is no reason for all this hassle just for 3 way sli & no high bandwidth bridge for the 3 way sli? What benefit is that unless you don't want 3 way SLI to exist.

Surely using your logic, by making it harder/'nerfing' 3 way SLI, nvidia is showing they don't need to make extra money from people buying 3 gpu and that they're not encouraging you to do it.

AMD is money grubbing Hitler by not nerfing 3 way crossfire, encouraging people to buy 3 GPUS

/sarcasm Kappa

Sanctorum Sanctorum

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
To get more money from selling less GPUs? Okay then.
Maybe in order to get people acquainted with their new app? Which will later have paid features?! As I said, I'm not sure how they're going to make it profitable, but it's ALWAYS about money. NO company as big as nvidia will EVER do anything that loses them money, unless they have some plan that will make them more money in the long run!

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe in order to get people acquainted with their new app? Which will later have paid features?! As I said, I'm not sure how they're going to make it profitable, but it's ALWAYS about money. NO company as big as nvidia will EVER do anything that loses them money, unless they have some plan that will make them more money in the long run!
This won't lose them any money, nor will it make them any more. People who want to 3-way or 4-way SLI still can, and still will.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$

App? What? Please say you're not actually serious and was joking like I was above.

How much do you seriously think they can make from an app? It's probably poket change.

They make their money from you know... developing GPUs/Game works etc.

Your theory makes no sense. Why would they charge for an app when they just sold 3 GPUS for SLI and made 2100$ for example?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
App? What? Please say you're not actually serious and was joking like I was above.

How much do you seriously think they can make from an app? It's probably poket change.

They make their money from you know... developing GPUs/Game works etc.

Your theory makes no sense. Why would they charge for an app when they just sold 3 GPUS for SLI and made 2100$ for example?
It was just a suggestion! Plus, they can add other features such as GeForce NOW.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Surely using your logic, by making it harder/'nerfing' 3 way SLI, nvidia is showing they don't need to make extra money from people buying 3 gpu and that they're not encouraging you to do it.

AMD is money grubbing Hitler by not nerfing 3 way crossfire, encouraging people to buy 3 GPUS

/sarcasm Kappa

Its to keep marketshare in the future. It may hurt a few sales now but it can reduce the marketshare lost on AMD's Navi archetecture.

AMD is far ahead of Nvidia on the Interposer & 3d memory already just delaying this down and slowing the transition would be beneficial towards them.

Nvidia has already been losing marketshare since the 300 series launched (they pulled way ahead when 900 series dropped first though)

This quarter has already been good for AMD.

AMD's share of the discrete graphics market increased by 3.2 per cent quarter on quarter. This takes AMD's total market share to 29.4 per cent.

Breaking it down further, this is made up of a 1.8 per cent increase in desktop graphics, to 22.7 per cent, and rather impressive jump of 7.3 per cent in discrete notebook graphics. That total share is no 38.7 per cent of the market.

Read more: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/419711,amd-enjoys-a-rare-market-share-increase.aspx#ixzz492vSxJiO

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/419711,amd-enjoys-a-rare-market-share-increase.aspx

This won't lose them any money, nor will it
make them any more. People who want to 3-way or 4-way SLI still can, and still will.

They are killing official support, and you also need to apply for a key to get unofficial support & there will be no HB bridges for 3 way.

^

Top Bottom
Login
Register