GTA: Vice City From A Flash Drive

Discussion in 'PC Gaming Center' started by Wheen, Mar 7, 2011 with 5 replies and 2,188 views.

1. Wheen

Wheen Bytesexual Retired

I've been trying to get Vice City to run from a flash drive on my school laptop, but it won't save :(. Whenever I try to save, it gives me a "Save successful" message, but never shows up when I try to save again or load. The Documents > GTA Vice City User Files folder doesn't exist either. Whenever I try to do this on my desktop, though, it works perfectly.

Again, this is my school laptop, so it may be that its trying to right to an account that I don't have access to. My question is, how could I fix this? If I could somehow make it right to the folder that it's in, instead of the documents, I would be fine. Any help is greatly appreciated

PS. I tried this with San Andreas a while ago, it has the same problem. Only difference is that it actually gives an error message (I forgot what it was, though). These GTA games are the only games I'm experiencing problems with. Games like CoD4 and Plants Vs Zombies run fine, and save.
  2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Young Moolah Baby Retired

Download LC Launcher. You can customise the save directory through that. ;)

You can do a few other things as well. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Wheen

Wheen Bytesexual Retired

Thanks. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to save to the flash drive though. If I put the exact directory, it says it doesn't recognize it. If I just do "\Save Data", it'll still save to My Documents. I tried ".\Save Data" Like he uses to find the executable, but that doesn't work either :(.
  4. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Young Moolah Baby Retired

If you can't figure it out, or if someone else doesn't figure it out, I will help you when I get back home. In the mean time, search through these results from Google. That's how I found the LC Launcher when I needed it a while back. I also found how to use it via one of the search results.
  5. Wheen

Wheen Bytesexual Retired

I can use it fine and change the path, but I cannot change it to my flash drive. If I type in ".\Save Data" or "\Save Data", it will attempt to make that folder in My Documents. If I type in the full path "E:\Games\GTA Vice City\Save Data", then it gives me an error. :(

I think the guy hardcoded it to My Documents, if so, I'm going to have to dive into the source and get rid of that :(
  6. NavyWalrus

NavyWalrus Newbie

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4354866/GTA_Vice_City_Portable_Multi_Player_Edition_v2.1

Am I allowed to post these links? Either way, its Vice City portable, confirmed working by me.