Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V7X3

Worship the Digital Age
Reaction score
Sin$
Starting with a quote from the site:
GTA:MP are free alternative massively multiplayer modifications for Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto © series, which allows you to play with your friends over Internet or LAN.

We're a young enthusiastic developer group from Austria, Germany and Switzerland who are working on creating the most powerful platform for multiplayer games!
The GTA:Multiplayer portfolio includes alternatives multiplayer for Grand Theft Auto © : IV ™ and Grand Theft Auto © : V ™.
Our latest project is focused on creating an alternative multiplayer for Grand Theft Auto © V ™.

Video:

~Just thought I'd shed some light on this project as I've just recently stumbled upon it and it seems more advanced than any other current on-going projects.

televisedfool

televisedfool

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't see R* letting this fly. GTA:SAMP is a whole different thing, but now that R* has put so much effort and money into GTA:O as well as micro transactions that they push so much I see these guys being forced to cease their progress or face legal trouble.

DiiegoTX

DiiegoTX

Reaction score
Sin$
Man, awesome.

Remind me of SA:MP and those servers with crazy racing tracks 24/7 or RPG gameplay.

Hope it becomes one of these, real persons patrolling, drug dealers, mayor, honest jobs. The map in GTA Online is nothing more than a big lobby, where peoples wait or look for jobs to do.

Bringing back the vivid world of SA:MP would be awesome.

U

Unknown Scripter

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't see R* letting this fly. GTA:SAMP is a whole different thing, but now that R* has put so much effort and money into GTA:O as well as micro transactions that they push so much I see these guys being forced to cease their progress or face legal trouble.
I wouldn't think they could be legally held responsible for anything. I mean, they are just hosting another multiplayer service. Now the fact you would have to modify game files in order to use their service, that's on you. Also, their stuff would run completely separate from Rockstar's servers. Your stats, etc are all on Rockstar's servers. These new ones you would be using completely different setup, it doesn't compromise any of Rockstar's data as far as I can tell.

Duo Vandal

Duo Vandal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure connecting to a non-Rockstar server will likely get you banned from GTA Online, just like they did to people on the console versions. If they aren't playing on their servers, then they aren't making them money.

I wouldn't think they could be legally held responsible for anything. I mean, they are just hosting another multiplayer service. Now the fact you would have to modify game files in order to use their service, that's on you. Also, their stuff would run completely separate from Rockstar's servers. Your stats, etc are all on Rockstar's servers. These new ones you would be using completely different setup, it doesn't compromise any of Rockstar's data as far as I can tell.

Even if it's separate it's siphoning players and promoting piracy as more people would rather pirate a game to play custom multiplayer on a non-Rockstar server than pay money if they could.

Facts

Facts

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd rather use NTAuthority's FiveM when it drops.

Zurjj

Zurjj

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
Obviously R* will be shutting this down. It would also most likely get you banned if you use their service.

Hamzakid

Hamzakid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But GTA 5 already has online multiplayer.....

Hamzakid

Hamzakid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well on the SA multiplayer mod, I'm pretty sure you got banned if you were modding on it

Chamillitary

Chamillitary

Reign Fall.
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow that'd be pretty cool for ps4.

But I don't think that rockstar would honestly know if your playing on a seperate server anyways. Because do they know when you play offline? Is it possible to know if your connecting to a different server if when you login to GTA you have a completely different server that has nothing to do with gta servers? I could see this working and it'd be a cool place for all y'all modders.

IIOrgazmoII

IIOrgazmoII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well on the SA multiplayer mod, I'm pretty sure you got banned if you were modding on it
Matters on the server you were on there were servers that allowed mods freely some that didn't

Zurjj

Zurjj

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow that'd be pretty cool for ps4.

But I don't think that rockstar would honestly know if your playing on a seperate server anyways. Because do they know when you play offline? Is it possible to know if your connecting to a different server if when you login to GTA you have a completely different server that has nothing to do with gta servers? I could see this working and it'd be a cool place for all y'all modders.

Well let me tell you something...it will never happen for ps4.

U

Unknown Scripter

Reaction score
Sin$
Well let me tell you something...it will never happen for ps4.
You guys are making no sense. Rockstar has no way to tell if you use another service like this. They also have no reason to shut it down. The stats are NOT the same ones Rockstar uses, so as far as they're concerned you are just playing offline.

Zurjj

Zurjj

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Sin$
You guys are making no sense. Rockstar has no way to tell if you use another service like this. They also have no reason to shut it down. The stats are NOT the same ones Rockstar uses, so as far as they're concerned you are just playing offline.

Do you even know what you're talking about? This service would make people stop playing on the official servers which results in less profit for R*.

U

Unknown Scripter

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you even know what you're talking about? This service would make people stop playing on the official servers which results in less profit for R*.
I do know what I'm talking about. There were services on Xbox 360 that allowed modified consoles to play with each other on their own XBL service. Rockstar can't just force someone to stop doing what they're doing because they don't like it. They have to have legal grounds. Why the hell would Rockstar care if all the cheaters went and played on their own multiplayer service? They wouldn't, they would be happy that all the cheaters were gone. Please don't even quote me in a reply, I'm done talking to you.

Do ne

Do ne

I don't even. Wait, what?
Reaction score
Sin$
I do know what I'm talking about. There were services on Xbox 360 that allowed modified consoles to play with each other on their own XBL service. Rockstar can't just force someone to stop doing what they're doing because they don't like it. They have to have legal grounds. Why the hell would Rockstar care if all the cheaters went and played on their own multiplayer service? They wouldn't, they would be happy that all the cheaters were gone. Please don't even quote me in a reply, I'm done talking to you.

Rockstar can make people stop if they want. Not the first time they've done that.
Second, if it's regarding their game "GTA" they have legal grounds. By the way, Rockstar will not take anything down nor sue, Take Two will as they have done before. Time for you to read through all the legal agreements and other things they provide.

Or simply ask Take Two, and you will be butt hurt.

Chronium

Chronium

Ɓє уσυяѕєƖf; єνєяуσηє єƖѕє ιѕ αƖяєαɗу тαкєη
Reaction score
Sin$
Rockstar would RKO you to the ground if you used this. Stick with SA:MP [my fav] or stick with regular GTA:Online [my 2nd fav].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register