Discussion GTA is broken

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
With all due respect, there is a world of difference between connection issues and glitches. The connection issues are well documented and I'm sure we've all experienced the floating cars and randomly spawning objects we associate with lag. That would lead me to reset my router, not declare the game broken.
The reason I made this thread was because I fear the lack of stability is due to the size of the game. It is expanding, albeit slowly, but there has to be a limit to how big the game can grow. The way GTA:O looks on PS3 today is not the way it looked in 2013. There are problems everywhere with missing or glitched textures, frame rate and more. This, along with the fact Rockstar stated that old-gen consoles can not handle more content, would indicate that the system is at capacity. Now, with GTA V already approaching 10% of the HDD space on an early model PS4/XB1 and exhibiting similar signs of degradation to old-gen, is it conceivable that the game is reaching, for want of a better phrase, 'critical mass'?
There can and will be stability fixes from Rockstar, no doubt, but eventually the game looks set to outgrow current-gen consoles, I hope these aren't the early symptoms of that, but, as a day one player, I have never seen the game as bad as it has been in the last few weeks.
Well, the fact that I and many of my friends can play almost daily and not have any issues shows the game isn't "broken". Granted I am on X1, so maybe for the 360, sure. I don't recall you saying anything about next and old gen consoles. I'm sure Rockstar will end up letting the 360 version die off when the time comes. But if that's the case you either deal with it or buy a next gen console. Times are changing man and technology aint going to wait around for whenever you, or whomever decides to upgrade.

sweedy

sweedy

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I am on PS4, I was referring to PS4, but I see how you may have got the impression I was on old gen from that post. I was comparing the way the game degraded on old-gen from 2013 to today, while speculating this may be the beginning of a similar issue for current platforms (PC excepted), as the game cannot continue to expand indefinitely. Again, from your first post, lag would not account for many of these strange new errors and glitches are, in a way, what I was referring to. If the game glitches out constantly in various ways it hasn't previously, that is a possible symptom of a general breakdown in performance and stability, which was the topic of the thread.

GTA_Grinder

GTA_Grinder

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
cops have become crazy at 1 star, and survivals have deadeye sharpshooters and miniguns. I used to never die from survivals, and could get away or kill the fuzz. Silencer or not, cops come for the smallest infraction.... Half the time lose wanted level will get wasted...the interaction menu is now clunky. They've spent the last 3 years fixing, patching and adding stuff on a game that was 50% completed at launch. This site has this entire archive of how incomplete the game was then, and still is now. They'll add more, to sell more....then it's only a matter of time before we get texture pop-ins while going full speed....

when players are overly and obviously suicidal because of the cops...it needs fixed.

GTA_Grinder

GTA_Grinder

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll add, no game EVER, had a glitched circus like GTA Online....and they micro transactioned it anyway. Make no mistake where R*'s concern is...

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
cops have become crazy at 1 star, and survivals have deadeye sharpshooters and miniguns. I used to never die from survivals, and could get away or kill the fuzz. Silencer or not, cops come for the smallest infraction.... Half the time lose wanted level will get wasted...the interaction menu is now clunky. They've spent the last 3 years fixing, patching and adding stuff on a game that was 50% completed at launch. This site has this entire archive of how incomplete the game was then, and still is now. They'll add more, to sell more....then it's only a matter of time before we get texture pop-ins while going full speed....

when players are overly and obviously suicidal because of the cops...it needs fixed.

I 10000% subscribe to all that's in your post. That is EXACTLY how i feel about online.

They're gonna push the game to the brink of stability and i feel that it might happen faster than we think.

Love_se7ensins12

Love_se7ensins12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im seeing frequently other player just standing still and being immortal whaterver i do nothing happens. Doesnt seem like the lagged put cuz it goes on for 5 to over 10 minutes

But they do get run down by crazy cop cars. of course they wont die.

And when i steal npc cars the npc sometimes goes on the other side and i drive away with it in the car xD i got both of these things recorded on video lol

and also the game freezes a lot while flying especially hydra like it stops for 1 second and then obviously crash somewhere xD im like fuuuuuuu...k

Many times doesnt even load the graphics like or looks like crap or i can just see under the map cuz there are graphic black holes xD. Like the xbox one cannot handle it anymore

Also let me add this. When you take a car and it freezes you cant get in or the car wont start it hepened at least 5 times only yesterday. The game is falling apart

Last edited:
xXxKillaxXx

xXxKillaxXx

Your mom's side dude
Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Im seeing frequently other player just standing still and being immortal whaterver i do nothing happens. Doesnt seem like the lagged put cuz it goes on for 5 to over 10 minutes

But they do get run down by crazy cop cars. of course they wont die.

And when i steal npc cars the npc sometimes goes on the other side and i drive away with it in the car xD i got both of these things recorded on video lol

and also the game freezes a lot while flying especially hydra like it stops for 1 second and then obviously crash somewhere xD im like fuuuuuuu...k

Many times doesnt even load the graphics like or looks like crap or i can just see under the map cuz there are graphic black holes xD. Like the xbox one cannot handle it anymore

Also let me add this. When you take a car and it freezes you cant get in or the car wont start it hepened at least 5 times only yesterday. The game is falling apart
I have had this happen numerous times. Opens car door froze for a few seconds try again and again and finally I get in my car just to have it not want to start. Then I get out get back in a couple times and then it starts. Im like wtf is going on.

I have been timed out of sessions and lagged out where it shows everyone leaving. I thought it was connection issues at first do I spent a day researching the right settings for my modem tried that with no success. I then got a new recommended modem and upgraded my internet speed to just still have same issues on Xbox One.

Love_se7ensins12

Love_se7ensins12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have had this happen numerous times. Opens car door froze for a few seconds try again and again and finally I get in my car just to have it not want to start. Then I get out get back in a couple times and then it starts. Im like wtf is going on.

I have been timed out of sessions and lagged out where it shows everyone leaving. I thought it was connection issues at first do I spent a day researching the right settings for my modem tried that with no success. I then got a new recommended modem and upgraded my internet speed to just still have same issues on Xbox One.
Yeah that really pisses me off even happens that cops kill me or other player cuz just cant do anything inside the car! I had that problem where everyone leaves the session last week i think . Not so frequently anymore dont know why it used to happen even 5 times a day for me when i started a vip job for example or invited a friend to join the org and boom everyone dropped out of the session lol annoying

MR ROBOT

MR ROBOT

The empire on which the sun never sets
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, i have noticed cars randomly spawning on top of each other, cars blowing up for no reason, huge amounts of lag in basically everthing i do, i also think the graphics have gotten alot worse

Top Bottom
Login
Register