Green Run/Grief Mode Theory

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Nighthawk30, Oct 24, 2012 with 9 replies and 593 views.

1. Nighthawk30

Nighthawk30 Enthusiast

So I was reading an interview G4 had with Jimmy Zielinski http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...erview-learning-how-to-survive-the-new-modes/ and he was going over the general info of Zombies, and he talked about the 3 modes, and he was talking about how grief is this 4Z4 mode, and how you can grief you opponents into losing. What interested me is the fact that he never said where Grief takes place, whether it takes place on each of the survival maps, and they are adjusted for size, or if it takes place on a new map. So I started thinking, and piecing the hints together, and I think Grief takes Place on this Green Run map. There are 3 things that I think back me up on this, and Ill discuss them down below.

#1 is the fact that we have barely information on Green Run and Grief mode as well. I find it odd that there has been barely any information released, you think they would let us know something about either option. Why would they not release any info on both of these, unless they where directly related to each other, and thats why we have no info.

#2 and #3 deal with 2 achievements that where leaked regarding Green Run. The first is
    [​IMG]The Lights Of Their Eyes 5 [​IMG] In Green Run, pacify at least 10 zombies with 1 EMP.

In order to understand this achievement, we have to go to the Multiplayer Side of things. In MP, there is a new game mode called Hacker, and in that mode, you use EMP Grenades to capture drones to help you kill your enemies. So how does this relate to zombies? Well, from what we know about Grief, each team can control Zombies to help Grief the opposing team, and I see the EMP as the counter. Say if someone sends a large amount of Zombies after you, and you have an EMP, you can use it to either stop the zombies, and turn them neutral, or use them against your enemies. This seems like something that can be relatively easy to do, thats why its only 5G.

The 2nd achievement that I think backs up my theory is
    [​IMG]Dance On My Grave 5 [​IMG] In Green Run, acquire your Tombstone.

To start, what is a tombstone? A tombstone is simply a marker indicating where someone is buried. How does this relate to Grief? Well, say you die relatively early in the game, and the match goes on for another 30mins or so, how are they gonna prevent you from leaving? I think they are gonna add a way to allow you to come back into Grief, say your team is able to survive X amount of minutes after you die, or they manage to survive a seriously large Grief, then they will have the ability to bring you back into the game. Now where does the Tombstone come into play? The tombstone will mark where you died, and you can go to that spot, and acquire your tombstone, which will give you your equipment back that you had before you died.

Thats my theory on Green Run and Grief, hope you guys enjoyed it, leave a comment below with your thoughts!
  2. Altruism

Altruism Selena Gomez <3

Interesting theories. but I'm confused as to what you mean by
    EV1l PSYCH0SIS likes this.
  3. Nighthawk30

Nighthawk30 Enthusiast

Griefing is the term that Jimmy has been using to describe how the teams can mess with each other. Basically, if I send some Zombies after you, or lock a weapon up so you can't use it, I'm 'Griefing' you. Its an odd term
    Altruism likes this.
  4. Altruism

Altruism Selena Gomez <3

Alright, thanks for clarifying. I just find it odd that this whole "Green Run" thing hasn't been completely deciphered. Your explanation makes sense, but why doesn't Treyarch just say something about it? Maybe they will on Sunday.
    Nighthawk30 likes this.
  5. Nighthawk30

Nighthawk30 Enthusiast

Because its Treyarch, and they love to screw with us :) Also, what happens on Sunday?
  6. Kaede

Kaede The King of Metal

Very nice theories and It sounds completely legit for the most part.
  7. BcR151

BcR151 Getting There

8. Monopolyman

Monopolyman PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast Writer

I believe it was confirmed that in Grief the entire map is open and the two teams start on opposite ends. And you can get around how ever you want to. I forget where I read this though.

Also it was said that Survival is played in small section of the TranZit world, much like maps in the wager playlist in BO.

Also for the EMP achievement the word pacify means basically to sutn/stop the zombies, not necessarily control them.

But on the contrary the achievement is titled "The lights of there eyes" and we know that the eye color shows who is controlling them.

And the Tombstone theory is definitely possible, but I think it doesn't have any significance to Grief and I think Green run is a separate mode/stage
    BcR151 likes this.
  9. BcR151

BcR151 Getting There

read the post above yours
  10. Altruism

Altruism Selena Gomez <3