• Thread starter Klantra
  • Start date
  • Views 1,455
Klantra

Klantra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I noticed Farcry 4 was on sale for $23/$24 as part of Xbox's Summer Savings event and decided to buy it.

Long story short, the game absolutely refused to download even after tinkering with network settings and calling Xbox Support. Within 25/30 minutes of talking to support online, they issued me a full refund for the game, which I promptly spent on World of Tanks (which was the original reason for buying Xbox credit).

I noticed Farcry 4 was still tagged as purchased and I still had the option to download it, so I did. Same as before, it just sat at 0% and refused to do anything. I gave up and turned my console off. Woke up this morning to Farcry fully downloaded and playable in my library. Turns out I still have background downloading enabled, so while I was asleep, the game was actually able to complete downloading.

I had this exact same issue with AC3, but was never able to resolve it. Turns out all that needs to be done with your downloads that automatically cancel is enable background downloading and shut down your console.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Klantra Klantra Just so you know, they can suspend/ban you under "Marketplace Theft" for playing a game that they fully refunded you on.

Just a heads up.

S

Sn1per Czure

Reaction score
Sin$
Klantra Klantra Just so you know, they can suspend/ban you under "Marketplace Theft" for playing a game that they fully refunded you on.

Just a heads up.

Not true. I've been in his situation 4 times where games wouldn't download or would freeze after downloading them from the marketplace. I would always call and they would refund me. However, my problem usually stemmed from my profile and not my xbox (I could play downloaded games on other profiles but not the one I bought it on). I told them about this and they said they would still offer me a refund.

If you do it on purpose or do it very frequently they'll probably ban you though.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I doubt it. This is the first time I've done this. Plus it was on accident.
Not true. I've been in his situation 4 times where games wouldn't download or would freeze after downloading them from the marketplace. I would always call and they would refund me. However, my problem usually stemmed from my profile and not my xbox (I could play downloaded games on other profiles but not the one I bought it on). I told them about this and they said they would still offer me a refund.

If you do it on purpose or do it very frequently they'll probably ban you though.

I said, just a heads up.

It can happen.

I didn't say you guys are both f*cked. I said it can happen.

S

Sn1per Czure

Reaction score
Sin$
I said, just a heads up.

It can happen.

I didn't say you guys are both f*cked. I said it can happen.

I understand your point, but its not marketplace theft. Marketplace theft would be knowingly going through the process to get a refund on a fully functioning game. Which would be hard for Microsoft to prove or care about.

But you have a point. Don't do this process on purpose more than like once.

Proto

Proto

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I understand your point, but its not marketplace theft. Marketplace theft would be knowingly going through the process to get a refund on a fully functioning game. Which would be hard for Microsoft to prove or care about.

It wouldn't be hard for them to prove.. as they already have systems in place for such activities.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

How would it be hard? lol.

Oh this kid refunded Borderlands 2. Great we gave him $40 bucks back.
Oh why is this kid playing Borderlands 2? I thought he said it didn't install? And we refunded him?

You don't think they have a department in a multi-billion dollar company like Microsoft where their job is strictly to monitor that? lol.

CreepAchu

CreepAchu

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine does the same for some games. Something is up with their servers or something. I had to download and download it and keep it up the whole time. If i even tried to look at messages. Can't download. Cool you got it free though.

NoBeefBoss

NoBeefBoss

Sports Fanatic
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn that's insane. So you basically got two games for the price of one then. Both of those games are really good too, so it's a steal.

S

Sn1per Czure

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh why is this kid playing Borderlands 2? I thought he said it didn't install? And we refunded him?

You don't think they have a department in a multi-billion dollar company like Microsoft where their job is strictly to monitor that? lol.

They don't have a department like that in a multibillion dollar company because it would cost much more money to maintain than they would save.

If we say minimum wage is $7.25 USD per hour and there is only one guy in the entire department who works 9 to 5 (average job time) and he works 260 days (average days of work per year) thats $15,080. Basically, for everyday that he works, he would have to stop someone from stealing a $60 game just to break even. Plus, its not like they can charge you again, they would probably only ban you, which makes the idea of this department even more stupid.

Plus, what if the kid still wanted to play borderlands and just bought a disc?

It wouldn't be hard for them to prove.. as they already have systems in place for such activities.

Corporations aren't big scary things that have absolute power and watch your every move. lol

S

Sn1per Czure

Reaction score
Sin$
You have no clue.

I know they watch you, but a lot of people take it wayyyy too far. Like thinking that Microsoft can use the kinect to watch you while you play games. Or that they have a magical system that can tell whether or not you've modded a game or not. It's really just a poor understanding of how companies regulate online games and media.

xK1LLA KONGx

xK1LLA KONGx

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I know they watch you, but a lot of people take it wayyyy too far. Like thinking that Microsoft can use the kinect to watch you while you play games. Or that they have a magical system that can tell whether or not you've modded a game or not. It's really just a poor understanding of how companies regulate online games and media.

You obviously do not know how M$ runs, OP basically committed Marketplace Theft. on accident Yes, but to them they deal with it everyday. It's a hit and miss doing stuff like this with microsoft, Later on down the road you'll pay the price if you break the ToU proven fact. that's it, M$ watches you like flies on ****.

S

Sn1per Czure

Reaction score
Sin$
You obviously do not know how M$ runs, OP basically committed Marketplace Theft. on accident Yes, but to them they deal with it everyday. It's a hit and miss doing stuff like this with microsoft, Later on down the road you'll pay the price if you break the ToU proven fact. that's it, M$ watches you like flies on ****.
lol relax your mammaries. You're too paranoid. There are 26 people who handle ALL of the bans that are not automated, which marketplace theft is. They don't watch you like flies on ****. People very rarely get banned on Xbox. Usually only jtags and other stuff like that. They're not gonna ban you for marketplace theft because they could not care less.

xK1LLA KONGx

xK1LLA KONGx

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
lol relax your mammaries. You're too paranoid. There are 26 people who handle ALL of the bans that are not automated, which marketplace theft is. They don't watch you like flies on ****. People very rarely get banned on Xbox. Usually only jtags and other stuff like that. They're not gonna ban you for marketplace theft because they could not care less.

Your post made me think you're under 16 years of age easily, No offense but you have NO clue what the hell you're talking about. At all, Especially "they care less about Marketplace THEFT. :roflmao:

S

Sn1per Czure

Reaction score
Sin$
Your post made me think you're under 16 years of age easily, No offense but you have NO clue what the hell you're talking about. At all, Especially "they care less about Marketplace THEFT. :roflmao:

There is no point in me replying anymore because if you argue with a fool, then who is the real fool?
Edit: Look up XBLPET. Those are the 26 employees I was referring to.

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

Just a heads up.
Nope. This is 100% false.

I've had a few games refunded. I still play them to this day...and I did this 2 years ago. They won't do ****. Never have in situations like this.

Top Bottom
Login
Register