What's new

Google Code Jam

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Anybody else participating in the Google Code Jam? I just saw it today and am giving it a try. I have solved the first two, and am almost done with the fourth.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Yay I am guaranteed more than 25 points so I guess I made it to the next round.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's awesome bro.
I don't have time. Either working or driving. And my side-project.
Oh well.

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
I looked briefly into it but couldn't figure out what I was doing.

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Google Code Jam is for sure a hard one to compete in, in my opinion. They do make it challenging. Good luck!

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I was confused at first and missed the first one three times lol because I didn't follow instructions, tis annoying...
Google Code Jam is for sure a hard one to compete in, in my opinion. They do make it challenging. Good luck!
Thanks, tbh the first two and last problem were fairly easy, but the third was too hard for me lol. I'm guessing that it will get much more difficult though as this was just the qualification round.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Me too. I figured that the qualification registration had closed, even though it says Sunday at some time.

AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I racked up 44 points for the 2014 qualification round, so I'll see you in the next round. :smile: I would've had more points, but I ran out of time and had a small bug in one of my source code submissions that only allowed me to solve the smaller problemset for the minesweeper.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I racked up 44 points for the 2014 qualification round, so I'll see you in the next round. :smile: I would've had more points, but I ran out of time and had a small bug in one of my source code submissions that only allowed me to solve the smaller problemset for the minesweeper.

Haha yeah see you in the next round. I didn't even attempt C, because I didn't really know how to go at it and didn't have much time. D was really easy though so I got that fairly quickly. I finished with 55 points.

AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha yeah see you in the next round. I didn't even attempt C, because I didn't really know how to go at it and didn't have much time. D was really easy though so I got that fairly quickly. I finished with 55 points.

The toughest thing is finding the time to set aside for the competition. I don't know how late I'll be this time. They leave a 2 hour window that you have to hit, and I barely made the first one with over 24 hours. Granted, I forgot about it until there were only a few hours left.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
The toughest thing is finding the time to set aside for the competition. I don't know how late I'll be this time. They leave a 2 hour window that you have to hit, and I barely made the first one with over 24 hours. Granted, I forgot about it until there were only a few hours left.
Yeah I agree. I was just reading hackernews and got really lucky that I saw it. I think there are like 3 weeks that you can do the challenge, so hopefully I find the time as well.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
How much time do you get per problem?
For the qualification round you had 24 hours I think to solve four. And you had to get 25 out of 90 points to get to the next round. Idk what happens for the next round.

AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For the qualification round you had 24 hours I think to solve four. And you had to get 25 out of 90 points to get to the next round. Idk what happens for the next round.

You only get 2 hours for the next round.

S7 Pro

S7 Pro

Seasoned Member
Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
For those who were unable to participate (or forgot like me), Codility.com is a great place to do some very similar things (minus the cash reward). It's very, very useful to perform problems like these often if you're into programming, as it really helped expand my knowledge!

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Round 1 starts tonight. Hopefully I can finish in the top 1000.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I blanked that one... That was sad lol..

edit: I essentially reaffirmed that my brain does not function when it is (relatively) late.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register