• Thread starter Pineapples
  • Start date
  • Views 2,883
Pineapples

Pineapples

The One With The Weed | #Lifetime <3
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok. I just got linux mint from my brother, and i am f**king loving it. But, there is only one issue. I cant figure out how wine works, and im limited to so little games, I mean the games i really play on my laptop are like some COD, GTA, Minecraft, Far Cry 3. And multiple others. But I cant find them for linux, can someone show me how to get wine to work. Or link me to some of these downloads for linux? Thanks,

~Pineapples :tongue:

Operating System
  1. Linux
SirEdwardCool

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Hardened Veteran EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Get steam for linux through your OS's repo and install some source games on that b****

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok. I just got linux mint from my brother, and i am f**king loving it. But, there is only one issue. I cant figure out how wine works, and im limited to so little games, I mean the games i really play on my laptop are like some COD, GTA, Minecraft, Far Cry 3. And multiple others. But I cant find them for linux, can someone show me how to get wine to work. Or link me to some of these downloads for linux? Thanks,

~Pineapples :tongue:

If there's a Windows game you're interested in running, Google it and see if it's compatible with WINE. Additionally, Steam provides a list of its Linux compatible games on their website.

Minecraft can be downloaded directly from their website. Make sure you have the OpenJDK 7 Java Runtime installed, and right click the .jar and run it with that. As for getting WINE to work, open the Software Manager, and search for WINE. You'll want to download both the WINE compatibility layer, and PlayOnLinux. After installing WINE, open the start menu and search for WINE configuration, then run it. After that, you should be able to run .exe files by right clicking and selecting "open with wine program loader". It will open up a virtual desktop and will run your compatible games and programs.

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Programmer Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Overgrowth
Counter-Strike
L4D
HL
Anything else inside a Xen VM with VGA passthrough.

Top Bottom
Login
Register