1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor (Revision 146)

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 Modding & Glitching' started by M4YON, Oct 14, 2012 with 1,771 replies and 1,041,020 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrogdortheBurnin8r

TrogdortheBurnin8r Newbie

Go into the Raw tab and click the arrow for the (Collection) on the row that says BlackMarketUpgrades.
    You'll see a dropdown list with numbers in it, one on each line. These numbers correspond to the number of upgrades you have purchased. The first 7 are your ammo pools (pistol, AR, shotgun, SMG, sniper, rocket, grenades) Though not necessarily in that order. I have those first 7 numbers set to 100. I didn't touch the last 2, I think those are the number of backpack/bank upgrades but I'm not sure what editing them might do.
    Setting those first 7 to 100 will give you like 100 grenades, ~10,000 AR SMG and pistol ammo, a few thousand sniper shotgun ammo and a few hundred rockets.

I have a question of my own. When creating a regular non-elemental assault rifle, in the Elemental dropdown list, you can either set it to "None" or "GD_Weap_AssaultRifle.elemental.AR_Elemental_None". I know that weapons "pay" for having an elemental effect by having lower base damage, so does the latter setting give you a gun with lower base damage, but without an elemental effect? Or are they both the same?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Judgementist

Judgementist Newbie

anyway make modifiers on guns without doing Hybrids.

3. blakwidowstang

blakwidowstang Borderlands 2 MacGyver

The infinite ammo blackmarket mod Here works.

Krazy Killer Kev likes this.
  4. Krazy Killer Kev

Krazy Killer Kev Enthusiast

not necessarily but when if you want to get a legit gun and give it max damage i use
    The Gear Calculator V2 for Borderlands 2
    Say you want the best skull smasher sniper. You simply open up the gear calculator go to weapons click the sniper then all the drop down box's have parts choose what parts you want. Then hover over the red text above the box and it'll show you what effects they have on the gun not exact numbers at first but shows in green and red what is put up or down with that part. Then after all the parts are chosen down at below it has all the exact stats more than the game even shows on each weapon letting you maximize the effectiveness of any given weapon.

Enjoy -from kev

5. gibbed

gibbed Enthusiast

6. Slade

Slade Why be a King

Wooh! Downloaded.

7. jetvenom35

jetvenom35 Newbie

NEED HELP i am new to the xbox360 modding world this will be my first here with borderlands. I understand every thing about creating mod saves and weapons and what programs to use from whats povided here. just one small thing.Dont laugh..... but how do i connect to the xbox 360 where i can see the files on my pc or laptop

8. Slade

Slade Why be a King

are you using a transfer cable? Or trying to use a USB.

9. jetvenom35

jetvenom35 Newbie

i guess thats the ? what to use and where to start also can all this be done without opening the xbox?

10. Slade

Slade Why be a King

Wll I use a USB and it's quite simpe. Just put the USB into the Xbox. Go to System>Memory>Click on your USB>Configure Device, and there you go. Now you're able to move save game onto your USB so that you're able to see them on the computer.

11. jetvenom35

jetvenom35 Newbie

double end usb?

12. Slade

Slade Why be a King

Nono sorry. Just regular.

13. jetvenom35

jetvenom35 Newbie

ok going to a computer store to get it thx bro

14. Catastrophical

Catastrophical Contributor

Program doesn't work no more for me...
    Failed to load save: invalid or unsupported version...
    The save is still playable and can be opened with earlier save editors..

15. blakwidowstang

Check out This Thread.

Krazy Killer Kev likes this.
  16. Krazy Killer Kev

Krazy Killer Kev Enthusiast

Okay Guys Come On
    Gibbed puts up the new revision and Im the only one who likes it the guy's who makes this all possible he should be getting a hundred likes a day please like his post.

I know your not supposed to ask for likes but i don't "think" it's against the rules to inform others to like someone else' post.

GREAT WORK GIBBED ;)

17. Machspeed2

Machspeed2 Newbie

I've taken my level 50 Gunzerker's file and converted it into a level 50 Axton to replace my Axton that was corrupted by a freeze. Salavador is assigned to save slot 3 so, in order to create a new save for Axton, I've tried to make him use save slot 4 using the options in the "general" and "raw" tabs.

However, it doesn't work. He goes back to being assigned to save slot 3 when I load him up on the console. is there a way to fix this?

18. blakwidowstang

You are correct, sir. Thank you for showing me the path to righteousness. I totally forgot because I downloaded, started it up, and started looking for what was new.

As for the "like scenario", I think that only applies if you post something and basically insist that members give you a like. It's respectable of someone to post content regardless of what they get in return and gracious of the contributor to not be deterred by the lack of likes received if that's the case. In the end, some people click the like button and sometimes they post a positive response in return. Most of my threads have some sort of download incorporated and I can see how many times it's been downloaded and when the numbers get high I feel like I've done my part in helping others and that's all I need.

What platform are you playing on? I don't think I've ever seen it revert back to the same save slot. Did the converted save remain as a Commando and did you Gunzerker remain unaffected once loaded?

19. Machspeed2

Machspeed2 Newbie

All other modifications remained intact - changing his class, added guns, etc. I just can't copy it back onto my hard drive without deleting the original Salvador file even after modifying the save slot. I have extracted the save and changed the value 3 times - none of them took. Dunno what else to do... I like to keep my saves on my hard drive and store backups on my flash drive.

20. blakwidowstang

Did you change the file name like "Save0001.sav" to "Save0011.sav"? The save slot shouldn't affect it overwriting on your storage device only the filename.

Edit: Removed useless details since I noticed you said you "extracted the save" and I will assume you're on Xbox. Just rename the file before putting it on your USB stick before trying to transfer it over. Usually the console will name them in sequential order so if you've started 4 characters it should be safe to name it to "Save0005.sav" but I always do something random like "Save4137.sav"

BadClown4Ever and DEFTONED like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.