1. Think you have what it takes to join staff? Click here and check out the Staff thread to find out more information!
  2. Looking to spice up your game collection with a copy of the highly anticipated Bungie title Destiny? Hop on your ship and engage its hyper drive, this contest is going to be a heated one! Visit the contest by clicking here.
  3. Hello Guest, our very own Vanilla Minecraft Server is now up! Be sure to grab a few friends and check out the server here so that you guys can start your very own faction! Check it out HERE!
  4. Community Update: The Community Champion Events will soon be coming to a close, be sure to get your votes in!

ToTMCoTMEoTM

Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor (Revision 146)

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 Modding & Glitching' started by M4YON, Oct 14, 2012 with 1,771 replies and 1,029,652 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4YON

M4YON Se7ensins Beast

Updated OP link and changelog to latest version. Sorry for the delay guys and thank you for stepping in there gibbed.
  2. roz

roz Enthusiast

Thanks for the update.I tried to put my bankslots and backpack up to 60 using python but did'nt work.hope there's away to solve this soon.
  3. incinerator950

incinerator950 Enthusiast

Yeah, I was going to post that the new patch isn't letting me open my Savedata.sav but I can see the chain posting of it. Still, nice on 142. This just lets me take yet another break from the game.

Is there a reason why the Save Editor after 133 refuses to load files extracted from Modio? I've noticed this with the new Loot Mules and it gets annoying as I don't like Horizon's interface or it's updates.
  4. gibbed

gibbed Enthusiast

It's always refused CON files, for obvious reasons.
  5. Force Fallen

Force Fallen Newbie

R142, Latest I Think. BL2 had an Update Yesterday (13/12) and when I went to chnage some stuff (add weapons) it corrupted my save, so I restarted and I'm now level 1. It keeps saying "Failed to load save: invalid or unsupported version" Help??
    echoairsoft likes this.
  6. M4YON

M4YON Se7ensins Beast

You need the latest revision 142, something to do with the latest patch.
  7. Force Fallen

Force Fallen Newbie

Yea, I edited my post, and it is now r142, and I can't get it to work, now it says
    "Failed to load save: invalid or unsupported version"
  8. M4YON

M4YON Se7ensins Beast

9. incinerator950

incinerator950 Enthusiast

Edit: Just read new post. Everything works fine.
  10. assorted

assorted Newbie

Hi gibbed!Thanks for stunning software.It gave me tons of fun.All credits to you!Unfortunately latest Gearbox update killed few things:1.level cap-50 -even if you change it to higher stays locked to 50 after starting the game plus doesnt allow you to join friends game(freezes).
    2.Backpack space upgrade over 27 resets to original 27 after reloading game.

Good thing is you can keep maxed skills points.

This is what I discovered in the morning.If I find more- let you know quickly.

Cheers!
  11. gagaman112

gagaman112 Newbie

For some odd reason, whenever you have skill points to spend but leave the game and then jump back in, the skill points disappear, I don't know if that is the function of the game, or the save editor.
  12. DenimDan

DenimDan Newbie

At least the modded ammo capacity didnt get patched
  13. Aiya03

Aiya03 Newbie

Quick question guys, seems as though skill points are sticking at a max of 46 for me for some reason. I tried putting in 999 or even 127 and loads up with only 46. I'll try the max number like for ammo and see if that works. Yeah seems to also be happening unpatched also comes up 46.
  14. PhilippL

PhilippL Newbie

Question: i'm on the master gee mission right now and cannot kill this guy so i wanted to edit the mission as ready to turn in
    followed instructions, though on Playthrough 2 the ActiveMission bar is empty so i can't edit my current mission.
    any help on this?
  15. Aiya03

Aiya03 Newbie

Okay, they may have patched skill points. I had to basically delete the patch, and then create new toons off patch and full skill points show up. If you have created a toon on the patch it looks like it will only give you 46 skill points to use, no matter what number you put in the editor. So...this sucks if you want to use Gaige, because since you're not patched they won't let you roll one with full skill points. Unless someone knows a way to do this, which would be easy if the patches were not combined. Anyway, so not sure if there is a work around on how to up the skill points.

Okay I take that back. Seems if you use a save character your skill points are full prepatch, but even if you create a new toon without dl the patch, it's still stuck at 46. Very odd, because this was working all day yesterday.
  16. Aiya03

Aiya03 Newbie

Okay, I tried to see if I could use a gamesave from Modio with full skill points on the post patch and it still shows up as 46 available. Where on the same file 2 days ago it was 127. Looks like until a workaround we will not be able to mod skill points post patch and certainly not on Gaige or the possibly the next character for DL.
  17. fathom7411

fathom7411 Premium Premium

Have you tried manually enabling the skills in that raw data section? I would think that may still work.
  18. aeterna

aeterna Enthusiast

It does. As long as the skill points are already allocated when you load up the save they wont dissapear. You can even respec during a game without losing them. But if you have unused skill points when you load up the game they will reset to the legit amount.
  19. Aiya03

Aiya03 Newbie

Have not tried that yet, will try now. Also, I tried to see if you could load Gaige up, with the 46 skill points, allot them and then redo the points to see if it would give you another 46, but after extracting the savegame.save the editor is getting the following error:

Failed to load save: reencode missmatch

Anyone else having a problem opening a save post patch?

Also, are we talking about the General Skill Point part in the Raw Data or is there another place where you can add skill points? Thanks
  20. aeterna

aeterna Enthusiast

use r142 and when on the open file dialog choose x360 (default is pc)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.