1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor (Revision 146)

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 Modding & Glitching' started by M4YON, Oct 14, 2012 with 1,771 replies and 1,050,839 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEYHEYWHEREDIGO

HEYHEYWHEREDIGO Enthusiast

im gonna give up ive tried to open that crap for 5 hours i give up :frown:

2. Zanx

Zanx Newbie

I love this application but I think it would be much better and easier for weapon modders if in the backpack/bank in the prefix/title dropdown there were available titles and prefixes because in the word document there is only half of the code

3. PhantomPlanet07

PhantomPlanet07 Enthusiast

very cool editor, if anyone could post a thread on how to edit some of the option/what they do in the "raw tab" ive already figured out a few things but would like to know as much as i can for it. also would it be possible to change item names/flavor text, im not sure it will work with the game checking stuff but if anyone knows let me know :smile:

4. gibbed

gibbed Enthusiast

No, this is pointless because the game will autogenerate prefixes and titles for you whenever you equip or unequip the weapon/item.

Zanx likes this.
  5. Mr Weasel

Mr Weasel Newbie

would it be possible to make a droppable skill point using something like this in the editor,

type: GD_StorageDeckUpgrade.A_Item.INV_SDU
    balance:GD_CustomItems.Items.CustomItem_SkillPointReward

maybe set the manufacturer to dahl, since the other ones are?

6. Zanx

Zanx Newbie

Oh I never knew that ok cheers

7. OmgFailed

OmgFailed Newbie

How do you make damage multipliers to your weapons?

8. Nexx Animus

Nexx Animus Enthusiast

Can anyone tell me how to reset a mission? I put it as "Active" but when I go in game it's "Ready to Turn In" maybe this has been covered but I haven't seen anything on it.

I'm trying to reset the "X Marks The Spot" DLC mission btw.

9. gibbed

gibbed Enthusiast

Delete the entry.

Nexx Animus likes this.
  10. maverickneo

maverickneo Enthusiast

I dont know if this has been asked before, but is there a list that explains what certain items, weapons, shields, etc. mean?
    For example:
    GD_Artifacts.A_Item.Artifact_AggressionA, AggressonB? etc.
    GD_Artifacts.A_Item.Artifact_Stockpile?
    GD_Artifacts.A_Item.Artifact_Tenacity?

I know that GD_Artifacts.A_Item.Artifact_Proficiency has to do with skill cooldown rate.

Stuff like that.

11. M4YON

M4YON Se7ensins Beast

No not yet :frown:

12. Danny K

Danny K Newbie

No but you could try looking here:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/borderlands-2-weapon-relic-codes.795729/#post-5851081

Dude has compiled a nice list of items with descriptions & codes.

13. MartinLuther

MartinLuther Newbie

---------------------------
    Error
    An exception was thrown (press Ctrl+C to copy):

System.FormatException: backpack weapon reencode mismatch

bei Gibbed.Borderlands2.SaveEdit.BackpackViewModel.ImportData(WillowTwoPlayerSaveGame saveGame)

bei Gibbed.Borderlands2.SaveEdit.ShellViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass10.<ReadSave>b__8()

bei Caliburn.Micro.Contrib.Results.DelegateResult.Execute(ActionExecutionContext context)
    OK

Hi, i got the following error when i open my savegame.save.
    I comes up alos with the XB=X modded version of this editor.

I have the DLV "Pirates..." installed.
    Maybe this is the problem???
    Any solution for that?

Thanks - you are the best.

14. gibbed

gibbed Enthusiast

Upload your save file and either send me the link in a private message or post it here.

15. LimblessNick

LimblessNick Newbie

I used this to successfully change my Axton's level and skill points as a test. Then I tried to do what I really wanted to my Zero. Change the bank space. However, when I edit anything in Raw, my save always gets corrupted. Anyone experience this?

16. Rob462

Rob462 Newbie

Alright so I'm wondering how would one go about making a character completely finished with the story?

17. Frenchyy

Frenchyy Banned

I Use this all the time, But One question, Whats Up with the travel system? Why isnt there anything when i click it?

18. Tunechi

Tunechi Newbie

gibbed the invalid reencode has something to do with the OS, I was able to use the editor on my old xp system perfectly. I tried on my windows 7 x64 and I get the reencode error.

19. gibbed

gibbed Enthusiast

No, it's not. Upload the affected save file and link it to me either in a post here or a private message.

20. Khaos64

Khaos64 Enthusiast

I have gotten this error and/or one very similar before, each time I have gotten this error it is after I modded my save (item mod) via the python script then tried to open it in the Gibbed's editor.

The two don't seem to be able to work together when modding stuff about items and etc.

If wanting to use both, to mod items and levels - I have found that after using one, you need to remove whatever it is that the other editor doesn't like about the other. I have done this by, after using one tool, load your character on your console then save and exit to overwrite whatever that is causing the error - then go back to your computer w/ your save and use the next editor.

MartinLuther likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.