• Thread starter FatRambo123
  • Start date
  • Views 379
FatRambo123

FatRambo123

Rolling Weed In RAW Papers, Taking Shots
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wanting to get into Java, mainly for making plugins for Bukkit Minecraft servers. I would also like to expand it into possible small games and such. I just want to know where to get started, and how I should go about it. Right now it's just something small, but if the lessons are good enough, I would consider paid lessons.

Official Se7ensins

Official Se7ensins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wanting to get into Java, mainly for making plugins for Bukkit Minecraft servers. I would also like to expand it into possible small games and such. I just want to know where to get started, and how I should go about it. Right now it's just something small, but if the lessons are good enough, I would consider paid lessons.
YouTube tutorials are always good. Thenewboston makes very detailed and understandable videos. Or I guess some experienced coders here could give up some time to teach you.

FatRambo123

FatRambo123

Reaction score
Sin$
YouTube tutorials are always good. Thenewboston makes very detailed and understandable videos. Or I guess some experienced coders here could give up some time to teach you.
I think I'll stick to the videos for now :tongue: If I need help I think I know who I can go to. Thanks :smile:

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Java is pretty easy just don't do what most people do and jump straight into bukkit. Learn proper java first then expand into bulkier to avoid getting stuck. Good luck.

FatRambo123

FatRambo123

Reaction score
Sin$
Java is pretty easy just don't do what most people do and jump straight into bukkit. Learn proper java first then expand into bulkier to avoid getting stuck. Good luck.
Just the person I was waiting for :tongue: Thanks for the advice :happy:

Vasto Lorde

Vasto Lorde

中空!
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, Java is easy to learn, but thank God ObscureCoder ObscureCoder mentioned you not to jump straight into Bukkit, I wanted to make sure you knew it's going to take awhile before you can get to Bukkit.

Anyway, good luck! Enjoy Java, that was my first and favorite language.

Top Bottom
Login
Register