xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Gateway v2.0b2, public beta.

What's new?

* Many stability improvements over previous beta release
* Full support for firmware 7.1 (including saving and emunand GW3D indicator, etc.)

Please note emunand is not essential for latest title compatability!
For the time being we advise only those with adequate knowledge to attempt to update emunand to latest firmware and
make sure you always have atleast a hard backup copy of the system nand.

Consider this release as a stop-gap release before the 2.0 final, which will bring
exciting new features that are currently being heavily tweaked and optimized.

Merry X-mas from the GATEWAY 3DS Team!

And remember; support the innovators, not the immitators!

NOTE:
This still requires a 3DS with firmware 4.1-4.5 firmware. A lot of people think that the full 7.1 compatibility statement means it works on 7.1 consoles when it does not. It allows you to update your 4.1-4.5 EmuNAND to 7.1 and have no freezing issues like the last beta had. The final 2.0 will have Multi-rom and NAND based save games working (Pokemon X&Y and Animal Crossing)

https://www.mediafire.com/?2s0zk1shz2d0u96
Source http://www.gateway-3ds.com/
VirusScan https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0f1c927d306472955cb1e40b/analysis/1387855367/

Proof of 7.1 EmuNAND working fully on my 3DS. Beta 1 crashed when accessing settings or MiiVerse
6554EC1B-B2FD-44B9-AE85-DBCF4F7E314D_zpsnaf0l4b2.jpg

Last edited:
Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Please update the OP with a virus scan and a source

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
Anything that is put up for download on this site requires a virus scan just to be safe.

Never thought I needed to put a virus scan on anything other than exe files but I guess they changed the rules. I put one up.

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Fabled Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this for jailbreaking a 3DS? Kinda new to this...

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
For playing 3ds roms on a flashcart for the 3ds. Its only good on 3ds' on 4.x

I see, so you need to buy a flashcart and install this software on it or to the DS?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I see, so you need to buy a flashcart and install this software on it or to the DS?

Yes on the flashcart this is an update for the Gateway 3ds a $80 flashcart that is only useful to older consoles

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this for jailbreaking a 3DS? Kinda new to this...

No homebrew yet except the Gateway menu, but it allows pirated ROMs to be played and now has a dual nand function for updating and accessing the eShop 
Yes on the flashcart this is an update for the Gateway 3ds a $80 flashcart that is only useful to older consoles
You don't need the Gateway flash cart unless you want roms to be playable. You can still use the dual NAND function and play retail carts. You just need a old DS flash cart to install the exploit.

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$

Ok so I couldn't buy a 3ds off amazon and use this right?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

No because you will be on the newest update. You will need to buy an old *** one off ebay or something

No homebrew yet except the Gateway menu, but it allows pirated ROMs to be played and now has a dual nand function for updating and accessing the eShop 

You don't need the Gateway flash cart unless you want roms to be playable. You can still use the dual NAND function and play retail carts. You just need a old DS flash cart to install the exploit.

No proof that this works off the retail carts and knock offs as of now that I saw. Besides I wouldn't risk that anyway.

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
No because you will be on the newest update.

No proof that this works off the retail carts and knock offs as of now that I saw. Besides I wouldn't risk that anyway.

And is there currently any way to play backups on the newest firmware?

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to go to a store and check the boxes. 90% of consoles with the Copyright 2012 on them have a firmware less than 4.5 and all Copyright 2011 boxes have less than 4.5. Anything higher than 2012 will have 5.0+ 
There's an option to boot to "classic mode" that enables EmuNAND and allows you to play retail carts. Even Pokemon retail carts work. And installing the hack is as easy as putting the .nds file on a supercard DSTwo and pressing A

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to go to a store and check the boxes. 90% of consoles with the Copyright 2012 on them have a firmware less than 4.5 and all Copyright 2011 boxes have less than 4.5. Anything higher than 2012 will have 5.0+ 

There's an option to boot to "classic mode" that enables EmuNAND and allows you to play retail carts. Even Pokemon retail carts work. And installing the hack is as easy as putting the .nds file on a supercard DSTwo and pressing A

No way to tell from amazon though?

Top Bottom
Login
Register