Game variant modding

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Modding' started by Nuklearrabbit, Nov 3, 2012 with 2,515 replies and 122,429 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Sunburst is coming along fine. It'll be released in early December for sure. In the mean time, there's not much I can do for the community but I will continue to answer questions in this thread.
  2. Vry Deadly

Vry Deadly Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick response, glad everything is turning out to be fine and not a long lost project.
  3. AndroidQuazar

AndroidQuazar Newbie

Can you quickly craft me gametype of Slayer, without any changes in it, except of icon changed to some kind of explosion picture, maybe dmr, something that fits the name "Breach and Clear".?
  4. pimpindacrib

pimpindacrib Newbie

I have one of the League's grifball variants in my file share. Can you make it without sprint for me?
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  5. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

there are only 15 icons. besides the gametype icons you see theres the revenge medal, mantis, crossed knives, race (flag), shield and blank.
  6. Acer1096xxx

Acer1096xxx Newbie

Is it possible if you could make a gametype in Infection where it works like Friendly Fire does? (basically, in a vehicle like a ghost, you can't shoot at your teammate but you can still splatter them). I'm trying to remake a Halo 3 classic Smear the ***** but I want to avoid the people in vehicles (humans) only able to splatter the flood (which the alpha has a plasma pistol, and the rest have an energy sword, but Alpha Zombies doesn't work yet it does?)
  7. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Senior Member

Uhh I think I just disabled sprint.
    Wat do?
    Edit: Yup sprint is gone. This is gay I loved sprint and now it doesn't work I want my money back
    Edit2: If you are one of those weird folk that actually prefers... *gag* no sprint, I guess you could download this Slayer variant or something. Just remember, though, that you are a weirdo:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?luze24p783ue25i

And if you are just a straight up creepy weirdo, you could use this *barf* no-sprint Grifball. But you guys should really be playing the Halo 4 the way it was MEANT to be played, WITH SPRINT. Anyone who downloads this is dead to me:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h1ifc95q3906umu
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    amd42, Nuklearrabbit and Yellan like this.
  8. thumblesswarrior

thumblesswarrior Newbie

Zedd, could you put this up on your fileshare? I have a Mac so I can't get it myself :( If you don't want to do that, give me your GT and we could play a game together of each (I'd then be able to download the files from my recent history)
    And thankyou. Thankyou so much!

With that said, what are the chances of you being able to remove sprint from other gametypes as well?
  9. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Senior Member

It's part of the player traits so this should be possible on any and every variant.
    And I suppose I could toss these up on my FS.
  10. thumblesswarrior

thumblesswarrior Newbie

Thankyou so much! Tell me when you put them up :)
  11. Yellan

Yellan 010100110100110101000100

Nice stuff, you're always the one to do those "different" mods nobody else seems to try. What's your background in programming/reverse engineering? What makes you a pr0 h4xor?
  12. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Senior Member

Free time and a passion for modding.

...And those two are now on my file share. Gamertag is the same as my username.
    Yellan likes this.
  13. pimpindacrib

pimpindacrib Newbie

Ha yea I am that weirdo but thank you. Veterans like myself from the grifball league wanted to test this out.

Edit: And I play halo with sprint. But I like to play Grifball the way it was meant to be played and that is without.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  14. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Senior Member

In the weapons area there should also be a spot to enable 3x grenades like if you had the grenadier upgrade on. I'll look into it later when I get the chance.
    Yellan likes this.
  15. pimpindacrib

pimpindacrib Newbie

Is there a way to make it so you cannot throw the ball, but still drop it? Or even change the gravity settings of the ball?
  16. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Thanks Lord Zedd! I'm glad you got around to the sprint part so I don't have to do it haha. I'll update the original post with your mods (with credit of course).

Can you please look into the bipeds and armor effects? It'll be a lot easier for someone with a JTAG to find the location and values. They should be under the appearances section. I made human zombies by copying the human appearance traits and pasting it over the zombies' appearance traits so I never actually knew exactly where it was.
  17. ActiveHate

ActiveHate Newbie

^What pimp said...If you can disable passing in the no sprint Grifball variant that would be amazing. However if you can make it so it just drops the bomb when you press the pass button that would be even better!

We have a rather large community that plays Grifball competitively so this would be very much appreciated by hundreds of people.
  18. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Enthusiast

Hey can someone disable instant respawn for the No Sprint games?
  19. iBarcode

iBarcode Enthusiast

Can someone upload these gametypes to a fileshare? Specially the no-sprint one, I really want to play some classic matches<3
  20. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Look at the first page for gamertags to download the gametypes from.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.