Game variant modding

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Modding' started by Nuklearrabbit, Nov 3, 2012 with 2,515 replies and 126,111 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Modded Gametypes
    Last Updated: May 17, 2013

Go to this thread for modded gametypes!

--------------

Check the following players' fileshare for modded stuff.
    • Cosmic Storm300
    • Unusual Hiccup
    • Corbman
    • Lord Zedd
    • MurderFXR (No sprint/instant respawn versions of gametypes)
    Useful Tools
    • Horizon - Horizon has a game type editor.
    • Modio - Send files to and from your flash drive.
    • Sunburst Lite -- Rehashes Halo Reach and Halo 4 game variant files (for manual modders only).
    Modding Tutorials
    [​IMG]Replace the selected bytes with the following (team slayer pro respawn settings):
    Code (Text):
    00 00 00 00 00 01 40 C0 C2 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Replace with:
    Code (Text):
    00 00 00 0F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FD FF FF FF FC
    Locate the weapon offsets as shown in the sprint tutorial above. Change the circled area (01FBFB) to 007677.
    1. Go to http://www.colorpicker.com/ and pick a color.
    2. Go to http://www.online-toolz.com/tools/hex-binary-convertor.php and enter the hex value for the color.
    3. Copy and paste the binary output into the binary input box and add five zeroes at the beginning.
    4. If the result length is less than 6 characters long, add a zero at the beginning until it becomes 6 characters long (e.g. 2cc00 becomes 02cc00).
    5. Find:
    6. Replace the bolded part with the result from step 4.
    For example, I want the color #055DFF. The binary output is 000001010101110111111111. I add 5 zeroes at the beginning making it 00000000001010101110111111111. Converting it to hex results in 02aef1f. I replace 0F FF FF FF with 02 AE F1 FF.

For ultra black, replace the bolded part with 00 00 00 0.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. fat pat 666

fat pat 666 Lucifixture

Man that's awesome for day one customs!

3. Eric343

Eric343 Newbie

Could you create a whitepaper of your researched offsets / values?

If I had time, I'd create a DashLaunch plugin, which constantly checks for changes in the game variant file and reports them to your PC, maybe next week :biggrin:

4. 7ime

7ime Newbie

If it's possible to remove sprint in a gametype, I think that would be pretty cool. Although It would probably be pretty hard to find out, if at all possible.

5. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Sure I updated the thread with the base weapon and flood weapon offsets. Can you explain more about the last part please?

The Flood has no sprint. In Reach, you had to modify a certain byte to make it SvE, all elite, or all spartan. This doesn't seem to be the same in Halo 4 variant files as far as I can see. I'm currently looking into changing the appearance of the player at the moment so hopefully I can find this property.

I'm still not sure if the lack of sprint is tied to the biped itself (in .map files) or is done as a hidden setting or via Megalo yet.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  6. Silver0range

Silver0range Newbie

Excuse me for my ignorance, but are these gametypes that we can download and edit like the normal flood mode? Or are they like Halo 3 Gametype mods where you can't edit them?

7. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

You can download and edit them in-game. Just avoid going into the weapons & damage submenu under either Flood or Base Player traits cuz it'll reset it to Unchanged.

It's possible to modify the default weapon into the flood arm or whatever so you can edit weapons & damage in-game. It's the 0003 value right before the highlighted block shown here.

The ones I uploaded are just for people to screw around with for shiggles. I can make playable variants, just tell me the settings you want.

8. ddxcb

ddxcb Contributor

I guess ill join in on the FUN xD

9. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

More funsies!

Force primary/secondary color:
    [​IMG]

Human zombies:
    [​IMG]

You can see the pestilence armor effect on the human zombie. This means the body effect can also be modified in variants too!
    [​IMG]

Human zombie with SAW:
    [​IMG]

I don't think sprint can be disabled in game variants. Apparently, the flood biped has a "disable sprint" flag (in the .map file) as well as the ball and flag weapons. I know this because when I changed the zombie's biped to human they were able to sprint.

BadMangos likes this.
  10. ddxcb

ddxcb Contributor

0x0A = Revenge icon.

fat pat 666 likes this.
  11. anieli

anieli Enthusiast

Awesome. keep up the good work!

12. BadMangos

BadMangos Enthusiast

So wait will there be the possability we will be able to have classic themed infection on of spartan v spartans on retail consoles :biggrin:

13. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Possibility? I already made it haha. I'll upload it tomorrow after few more tweaks to make it more playable.

14. BadMangos

BadMangos Enthusiast

Cant wait for it you guys are awesome

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  15. thumblesswarrior

thumblesswarrior Newbie

This has probably been said a gajillion times, but is there any chance you could turn off sprint. I heard it's tied to the biped, so maybe you could make Flood vs Flood Slayer to turn it off or maybe you could just make it so that running has a tiny, tiny meter as in do the opposite of the Mobility perk? I really don't know I'm not a modder.
    I have one other request which is a droppable flag. I have absolutely no idea how you would do that though so I admit it's a bit far fetched.
    Also when's the DL link going up for Humanfection?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  16. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Surprisingly, you can disable sprint in variants. I don't know exactly how yet but I pulled it off in my Classic Infection game variant. I updated the OP with a link to the game variant. Hope you enjoy it! =)

I haven't looked into dropping flags yet.

BadMangos likes this.
  17. Snapshot19

Snapshot19 Newbie

Is there anyway to allow the flood to have two weapons? and what about grenades?

The reason i ask is that i want to remake the custom game "Speed Halo" in halo 4, and it originally had the flood players with Gravity Hammers, Swords & 2 Plasma Grenades, and i wasnt looking forward to working out how i was going to tackle this if the flood are stuck to flood swords.

But if you could do that for me, that would be incredible!
    ( and while im asking, if the human players could have the "Flood Talons" as their only weapon, that would be above and beyond what i could have ever wanted :biggrin: )

18. thumblesswarrior

thumblesswarrior Newbie

Wait, I'm a little confused, you said that sprint is on in the Classic Variant in its description, but off in the above post. I am confuse :tongue: Regardless, thankyou so much the Flood can carry weapons this is so good for customs :smile: Last thing, if turning off sprint is possible, is there any chance you could make a CTF and Sprint variant with it off?
    Thanks alot for the above, this is why the modding community rules :smile:

19. lordcrusnik1986

lordcrusnik1986 God of Halo Forge

anyway of placing these in fileshare when given the chance? i can download them this way but i generally dont like to resign and rehash unless i have to.

20. synth92

synth92 Seasoned Member

Nice try 343i employee.

In Classic Infection, normal flood has sprint but alpha flood doesn't. I don't know why it's like that haha. I definitely messed up somewhere. I suppose I can only after I figure out exactly where the sprint property is stored.

Sure no problem. I'll get around to it asap. Hopefully I'll be done by tomorrow, if not tonight.

Just updated OP, you attention whore. =P

iMaes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.