Game Couldnt Start. Try downloading the game again RGH/Jtag Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by taterman777, May 2, 2012 with 6 replies and 1,219 views.

1. taterman777

taterman777 Enthusiast

I have cod4 game on a usb flash drive and I am trying to start it through default_mp.xex with modded patch in it. Also I have tu4 update in cache and the code_post_gfx.mp and the default_mp.xex (that is patched) in the cod4 file(this file has all the files for cod4 that i used image viewer to get all the files from .iso). Ok now that i explain that when i launch the game via xexmenu using default_mp.xex it goes to black screen for a few seconds then goes back to xbox home screen and says "game couldnt start. try downloading the game again".

Any help would be great :smile:

PS I am on RGH falcon xbox on dash 14719

2. DaftHacker

DaftHacker Member

Are you using a dev image ?

3. taterman777

taterman777 Enthusiast

no just the normal freeboot 14719

4. DaftHacker

DaftHacker Member

It's either the patch_mp.xex or the default_mp.xex you have. One of those arnt working right

5. taterman777

taterman777 Enthusiast

I've tried a bunch and I am using a region free game guess I'll keep trying

6. Altruism

Altruism Selena Gomez <3

Isn't it supposed to be patch_mp.ff? So try renaming that. OR you can take the ORIGINAL default_mp.xex from the RF ISO and patch it with TU4, remove RSA checks, and use the DLL patch. Good luck.

7. XeX_DuBwooferx

XeX_DuBwooferx Newbie

im having a similar issue as the OP i started off with retail cod4 installed tu4 and copied my patch_mp.ff to the MW1 directory and it worked but nothing would be modded s i thought about using a patched default_MP.xex tried that now im getting the same issue OP has, im running a dev kernel