• Start date
  • Views 322,241
T

ThemanDupri

Blow Some Trees
Reaction score
Sin$
Unbanning your Jtagged Console-
I have seen a lot of tutorials around websites that are either too "Vague", not specific enough (thus people making their own, usually incorrect assumptions), or assuming everyone who reads that tutorial is on their level of knowledge (usually never the case). I am here to post a totally detailed, "noob friendly", step-by-step tutorial on how to unban any jtag console you have. This tutorial includes steps that you may not need to follow because you have already completed them on your own so look through the Bolded titles above each set of the tutorial to find where you specifically need to start out. I really hope this helps a lot of you guys out and please feel free to message me with any concerns, questions, or comments...

Requirements:
Physical Items
Your Banned Jtagged Xbox w/ XBReboot Installed (Any MotherBoard)
A Donor Un-Banned Nand w/ CPU KEY (what you buy from KV sellers)
XEXLoader/XEXMenu on your console (any .xex loader)

Programs
360 Flash Tools- 360FlashTools
Flash360-Flash360

Specifics on KeyVaults: Which boards can use what KeyVaults
Type 1: Older Xenon Boards
Type 2: Newer Xenon Boards, Zephyr, Opus, Falcon, Jasper

Xenon: Type 1 AND Type 2
ALL OTHER Non-Xenon Boards: ONLY Type 2

***All other Non-Xenon Boards require a Type 2 Keyvault but the keyvault does NOT require the same kind of board***
- For example: Falcon Board Does NOT need a Falcon KV, just a TYPE 2 KV

Now that you have downloaded the files, it is now time to install Flash360 to your console if you dont already have it there.

Installing XeXMenu:
1. Place the Flash360.xex and Media Folder on the Root of a USB drive (root means not in any folders, just in the very "root" of the USB)
flash360inusb.jpg
2. Install that USB drive into the back of your XBOX and then turn it on
3. Launch XEXLoader/XEXMenu found in your Game Demos
4. Browse the directory for the
Flash360.xex file that is on your USB drive
5. Launch Flash360.xex

Getting Your XBR Image From Flash 360 onto your Computer: (if its not already there)
1. Make a copy of your Xbr image with Flash360 using the "X" button on screen
flash360screen.jpg

2. It will save it as
(flashdmp.bin) to where ever you loaded Flash360.xex from (presumably the root of your USB drive)
3. Move the USB Drive with your newly dumped XBR image that you got from Flash360 onto your computer

***Note*** the XBR image that you copy from Flash360 is not your ORIGINAL Nand image, but it does contain your KeyVault and Config files in that XBR image so it is able to act as your ORIGINAL Nand

Extracting the Unbanned KeyVault from the Donor Nand: (skip this step if you already have a KV_Dec.bin file)
1. Open the Donor (Unbanned) Nand file in 360 Flash Tools
2. At the Top, select the
"Keys Tab"
3. Enter in the Unbanned CPU Key
4. Before moving on, Make sure to Select Both the 1BL Box And the CPU Box
Keystab.jpg

5. Re-Open that unbanned Nand file and all of it's information should now be showing
6. Select "Extract" and then "Extract KeyVault"
extractkv.jpg

7. Save it to your Desktop
8. Flash Tools will have saved it as
KV_dec.bin (this is your decrypted, Unbanned KV file)

Importing The Unbanned KV (KV_Dec.bin) that You got from an Unbanned Nand:
1. Remember that flashdmp.bin file you copied from Flash360 before, that is your BANNED XBR image that is going to be patched with the unbanned KV (so open that now)

2. Click the "Keys Tab" and enter in the CPU key of your banned console and make sure to check the CPU box as well as the 1BL box
openoriginalnand.jpg

3. Re-open that XBR image and all of your info will be there (take note of the DVD-Key and the OSIG DVD-drive type as you will need it for patching the KV)
4. Now you want to select "Import" and then select "KeyVault"
importkv.jpg

5. Browse for the KV_dec.bin file that you put on your desktop from the UnBanned Nand
selecttheimportkv.jpg
6. Save that newly imported XBR image as Edit01.bin

Patching the New KV to your XBR image with your info (DVD-Key/DVD-Type):
1. Open Edit01.bin and select "Patch" and then select "KeyVault"
patchkvnot.jpg

2. MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE the DVD-Key to your banned console's DVD-Key and well as the Drive-type to your own.
3. Save that patched XBR file as
updflash.bin
Re-Flashing Your Newly Patched XBR image to Your Console:
1. Put that file (updflash.bin) on a USB drive and put it into your xbox (make sure Flash360.xex is still on that USB drive also)
putupdflashonusb.jpg
2. Turn on your Xbox and Launch XEXLoader/XEXMenu from your Game Demos
3. Browse the Directory for the
Flash360.xex and Launch it
4. Select the
"A" button to Re-Flash your XBR Image
5. Select the
"B" button to Flash the XBR image while using a Different KV
6. Select the
"Start" button to allow a mismatch to occur
7. Select the "A" button to continue on with the Flash
abuttontobegin.jpg
8. Select the "Back" button to acknowledge the Flash has completed
back1.jpg
9. Select the "Back" button to exit the update menu
back2.jpg
***Note*** It is very important that you do not exit to the Dashboard after flashing the new XBR image, once you select the "Back" button twice to exit, the Flash360 has an automatic restart mechanism that will reboot your XBOX saving the Update!

BAM! you have successfully inject an Unbanned KV to your nand and patched it with your info!

I really hoped this helped all of you guys out, i know i was disapointed when no one provided a "Noob friendly" unbanning tutorial so i made this as detailed and easy to follow as possible. Leave Thanks if this helped you in any way :smile::smile::smile:

L

loph12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did exactly this but when I press eject to boot into xell it shows the same KV. Did I do it right?

G

Genetic Paradox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
loph12 said:
I did exactly this but when I press eject to boot into xell it shows the same KV. Did I do it right?
Make an educated guess.

T

ThemanDupri

Blow Some Trees
Reaction score
Sin$
Genetic Paradox said:
Make an educated guess.

Well if u followed it to the word then it will work, did u make sure to re-flash your nand in flash360 using the "B" button to use DIFFERENT Keyvault configuration... make sure you did that and you should be fine.

L

loph12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JSelly678 said:
Well if u followed it to the word then it will work, did u make sure to re-flash your nand in flash360 using the "B" button to use DIFFERENT Keyvault configuration... make sure you did that and you should be fine.
That's why I'm confused. It said that the KV was different, but xell still says it's the same.

T

ThemanDupri

Blow Some Trees
Reaction score
Sin$
loph12 said:
That's why I'm confused. It said that the KV was different, but xell still says it's the same.

I dont know what to tell you except the next time you plan on going online, you will find out if it worked... if you are unable to go online when u next try, then i would suggest doing the steps over again and if that doesnt work, try a different KV because that one may have been flagged.

T

ThemanDupri

Blow Some Trees
Reaction score
Sin$
hockey14skate said:
I still cant get my cpu, can you help

If u have XBR installed on your xbox, boot the xbox by pushing the eject button on the disk tray. it will boot into a blue screen displaying your "fuse sets". Combined fuse sets 3 and 5 or 4 and 6 for the CPU key. for example if Fuse3= 12345 and Fuse 5=67890 then my CPU KEY= 1234567890

H

hockey14skate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So if you do not have the original NAND you need to patch the dvd drive?

XboxElement

XboxElement

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So if you do not have the original NAND you need to patch the dvd drive?

If you do not have the original nand, you might not be able to do this...if you have your rawkv, you could inject your rawkv into something else. Then inject the unbanned dec kv into that rawkv. Then read that rawkv and inject into your current xbox. That might work but im not sure

ExternalHitman

ExternalHitman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Very nice tutorial i refer to this a lot when changing KV's

T

themanpwnzyou

Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone PLEASE help me, When I try running flash360.xex in XeXMenu or XeXLoader I just get a black screen, nothing happens it just doesn't load I know this may be really easy to fix please write back, and yes I have XBR installed.

Top Bottom
Login
Register