• Thread starter X3TuRb0
  • Start date
  • Views 560
X3TuRb0

X3TuRb0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so im freezing on the single player loading screen on original and i have no idea why. I get to where it says GTA IV and then it freezes. Ive tried everything to fix it. At first i thought it was my common. It froze without a common. Then i thought it was a bad iso so i got a new one, still freeze. Then i thought maybe the script.img was to big so i compressed a load of sco's and made the script.img smaller then the original one, i still freeze. Im using memorex dvd+r dl disks. Now before you say memorex suck ive never had a problem with them before.

Retribution

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reporter Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so im freezing on the single player loading screen on original and i have no idea why. I get to where it says GTA IV and then it freezes. Ive tried everything to fix it. At first i thought it was my common. It froze without a common. Then i thought it was a bad iso so i got a new one, still freeze. Then i thought maybe the script.img was to big so i compressed a load of sco's and made the script.img smaller then the original one, i still freeze. Im using memorex dvd+r dl disks. Now before you say memorex suck ive never had a problem with them before.

You may have deleted the .sco for whatever mission it is trying to load. Do you have a gamesave?

If you don't have a gamesave, it is trying to load the very first mission. Check if you have that .sco file in the script.img

Otherwise:
It might be a script.img or a script_network.img issue.

I would get a clean untouched script.img and script_networking, and slowly add all your scripts in. Make sure you constantly rebuild it. One thing I noticed is that if you add a lot of scripts (I have almost 600), then it will freeze. Compress all the scripts, including the SP ones. Then delete the largest ones that are only affiliated with single player.

Compress all the scripts in the script_network.img as well.

Upvote 0
X3TuRb0

X3TuRb0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You may have deleted the .sco for whatever mission it is trying to load. Do you have a gamesave?

If you don't have a gamesave, it is trying to load the very first mission. Check if you have that .sco file in the script.img

Otherwise:
It might be a script.img or a script_network.img issue.

I would get a clean untouched script.img and script_networking, and slowly add all your scripts in. Make sure you constantly rebuild it. One thing I noticed is that if you add a lot of scripts (I have almost 600), then it will freeze. Compress all the scripts, including the SP ones. Then delete the largest ones that are only affiliated with single player.

Compress all the scripts in the script_network.img as well.
Ive tried getting a new script.img and i didnt delete any sco's i simply compressed a lot of them. Im gonna tryburning a disk with just the iso and if that doesnt work its the iso or disks.

Upvote 0
X3TuRb0

X3TuRb0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's the disc. I've had no problems with Memorex.
Ill test and see if it is, Ive just never had problems with memorex before and for a whole pack 25 disks none of them are working which is odd.

EDIT: Its the script.img, idk whats wrong with it cause all i did was add some sco's and compress files i didnt delete anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ReVoLuTiioNz

ReVoLuTiioNz

Mr BigShot
Programmer Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive tried getting a new script.img and i didnt delete any sco's i simply compressed a lot of them. Im gonna tryburning a disk with just the iso and if that doesnt work its the iso or disks.
Ill test and see if it is, Ive just never had problems with memorex before and for a whole pack 25 disks none of them are working which is odd.

EDIT: Its the script.img, idk whats wrong with it cause all i did was add some sco's and compress files i didnt delete anything.
Told you it was script :tongue: or the iso :wink: dont hook he script.img on original dont fu*k with it just use the script_network.img

Upvote 0
IIV NATHAN VII

IIV NATHAN VII

You never know for sure unless you try
Frame In Gold Modder Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$

Did you rebuilt the.img in OpenIV? For reasons that aren't clear to me people don't bother doing that.

Upvote 0
ReVoLuTiioNz

ReVoLuTiioNz

Mr BigShot
Programmer Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you rebuilt the.img in OpenIV? For reasons that aren't clear to me people don't bother doing that.
You always rebuild your script :/ if you dont after editing a couple of times or deleteing or adding sco's it will corrupt.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register