Solved ForrestMaster's Guide to fixing errors 13,14,16,20,21

• Thread starter ForrrestMaster
  • Start date
  • Views 39,433
F

ForrrestMaster

ForrestMaster's Guide to fixing errors 13,14,16,20,21

Written for se7ensins.com
Please give credit if used in other forums.

Requirements

Guide
1. Remove the four feet from the bottom of your Xbox. Use the torxx screwdriver to remove the four screws. There are two more in the center, beneath the stickers. Take these out as well.

2. Take off the top cover. Use your torxx screwdriver to take out the two brass screws that are in the center holding the drive housing down.

3. Remove the section of casing with the harddrive in it.

4. Use the Phillips screwrdriver to take out the four screws holding the HDD in place. (You don't have to do this, but it makes getting at the data cable much easier).

5. Now to unlock the HDD unplug the IDE cable from the DVD drive. Now turn on your Xbox and when you get Error 12 that means the HDD is unlocked and you did it right. Don't freak out about the Error 12. You can fix it by plugging back in the cable but don't do it yet.

6. Make sure your computer has already loaded windows and is sitting at the Desktop. Now without shaking the HDD too much unplug the IDE cable from the HDD. Hotswap with your DVD/CD drive IDE cord.
device1.jpg

7. Open Device Manager and click on the Magnifying Glass.IF there is no magnifying glass then click your computer name.
device2.jpg

When you do that you should lose your DVD drive and now have an extra HDD.
device3.jpg

8. Now that you see the extra HDD you now can open up xplorer360.
xp1.jpg

Now go to Open/Harddrive or memcard.
xp2.jpg

9.It will load and look like this. Don't worry about the error it gives. Just click OK.
xp3.jpg

10. Now click on Partition 3.
xp4.jpg

11. Now right click and add the files you downloaded earlier.
xp5.jpg

12. When you are done it should look like this.
xp6.jpg

13.Now unplug the IDE cable from the HDD and plug it back into the Xbox's IDE cord. Also at this
time plug back in the cable to the DVD drive.

14. Turn off your Xbox and turn back on.

Your Xbox should now be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
corpse

corpse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you should be more specific on the ide cables part. xbox's ide cable... PC's ide cale.

BUT dont get me wrong a bit, i love you for this all these bricked boxes comin back to life.

O

okipanoki

Reaction score
Sin$
just making sure im doing everything right here.

do you know any way to fix that.

sorry to post back to back but i messed up the last one so here is the link to the video.
if your tutorial works i will LOVE YOU FOR EVER AND EVER! (sorta)

hello any help here its been 3 days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom
Login
Register