1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Flashing Lite-on with no connectivity kit

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by Rhino29, Sep 2, 2009 with 9 replies and 6,789 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhino29

Rhino29 Enthusiast

Is it possible to just hook up your liteon drive via sata and power the drive, then flash it using JungleFlasher? Why is it so important to have this certain connectivity kit?

Cheers/
    Rhino.

2. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

You dont NEED the connectivity kit.... if you can solder then you can do it without the kit.

Without those though you wont be able to read the key. Once the key is known you dont need the kit anymore

3. Rhino29

Rhino29 Enthusiast

Why is it different then a hitachi v78 or something?

4. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Its different from every drive

5. Toasty

Toasty Enthusiast

so once we find the key what all do we have to do

6. Zamurick

Zamurick Enthusiast

I don't get it. How do we do this without a kit? I can't find anything in a 7S or Google search, and I've been wanting my 360 modded for ages now...

7. Testify

Testify Newbie

So if I were to get the Maximus USB Xtractor (Divineo.com - Product Information), would I be able to power the DVD drive with my xbox while using it? Or do I have to get a power supply? I have flashed drives using the old hook SATA ports method many times, but I have zero experience with lite-ons. Thanks

If you can solder than you can make your own probe. If you can't solder than you need a probe, if you can then google how to make your own.

And sorry if my question is stupid. I know that the xbox should suffice as a power source, but on the other hand I think I read somewhere that you can't use them as a power source while extracting the key...

8. Chr2303

Chr2303 Newbie

well, i have the kit and i still cant get it too flash. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got ab$2 serial cable and its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. ThanosPrime

ThanosPrime Enthusiast

:?

How did you do it with a serial cable?

10. ID0NTuseMODZ

ID0NTuseMODZ Enthusiast

I say if ask that you shouldn't even attempt to flash your 360.

Also all drives are different and for people that ask WHY? alot should buy the connectivity kit because it comes with a detailed tutorial for noobs that like to ask WHY alot. And I also wanna say if you have a liteon and your asking so many questions about why this and why that don't try to flash it, and send it to a flashing service or else your gonna comeback making a thread called "I got banned" "WTF is wrong with my xbox" or something stupid.

For those who know how to mod all the old drives let them take care of the liteon drive. Unless you have some kinda cheat code in life that you have $ coming out of your *** then ya go for it flash away.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.