What's new

Tutorial [Fix] - How To Fix DLL Problems And People Joining Your Session

JTAG

JTAG

Well Known JTAG
10th Anniversary Stickied Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm Writing this tutorial from experience because i had the problem when loading my DLL.

The "Unable to join game session" is due to people memory editing their Version number in the Main menu.

da29eb552fd750631b5dd36a8c83e004.png

See Where it says "1.8.602.1" That is the TU23 Version number. When people memory edit that to have different colours or custom text. The Server cannot understand what version you are on. So when people try to join your game or vice versa, They/you will recieve an error message saying "Unable To Join Game Session". I had this coloured at the start and it was fine in system link but when your hosting online. No one could join me and i couldnt join anyone on private match/Online Games.

Now there is another error that i experienced which alot of people had with UnsignedMods Menu.

For people to join your game. you need to extract the TU23 Title Update into your games directory. i know this seems obvious but when you just patch the xex. The xex doesnt read from the Downloads Directory. so doesnt get the new updates for the game. Thats why when people join the game, they get kicked as there is an error message saying "Data is incompatible". this is because they have all the map updates and files either extracted in their TU if they are on a RGH/JTAG or in the downloads folder (Retail/RGH/JTAG). It is a simple fix.

Just use wxpirs or any TU extraction tool and extract it to a folder and copy all the files into your MW3 Directory. Then people can join no problem.

If you found this helpful and/or fixed your problem then Please like and comment if it worked for you.

(PS): Im not very good at tutorials so let me know how i did :smile: Thanks

TreyZ1337

TreyZ1337

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well i have a much easier way to fix this :
Im just setting 0x7E to 0x822C8B30.
So it doesnt compare the checksums
There is prob a easier way to fix it like yours.
But i was just looking quickly into the xex ;D

JTAG

JTAG

Well Known JTAG
Reaction score
Sin$

people have been having problems joining with that though havent they?

JTAG

JTAG

Well Known JTAG
Reaction score
Sin$
Well someone tested my xex and i didnt get that error when I tried to join him

that could just be a coinsidence but ik this definatley works and you dont get no map bugs when picking a map online. sysstem link isnt affected anyway. its when you go online

TreyZ1337

TreyZ1337

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
that could just be a coinsidence but ik this definatley works and you dont get no map bugs when picking a map online. sysstem link isnt affected anyway. its when you go online
No it wasnt a coinsidence :biggrin:
Because it definitly worked many times.
Because i could join the guy all the time and other people too.
But i think your method could be better as there are no map bugs

Ressko

Ressko

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You 2 are arguing over the sizes of your d***s haha, both methods work. lol

O

OProgramming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

The hell was the point in changing the CR? would make more sens to just change the branch type

e.g.

*(signed __int16*)(0x822C8B34) = 16784;

I know the 4th CR isn't really ever used inside the xbox xex's (CoD Anyway), but I just find it bad practice, since that could (if cr4 was used in that function) f*** up any data being read/sent from the function, and literally f*** up the game.

TreyZ1337

TreyZ1337

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The hell was the point in changing the CR? would make more sens to just change the branch type

e.g.

*(signed __int16*)(0x822C8B34) = 16784;

I know the 4th CR isn't really ever used inside the xbox xex's (CoD Anyway), but I just find it bad practice, since that could (if cr4 was used in that function) **** up any data being read/sent from the function, and literally **** up the game.
Oh alright
I didnt know that :smile:
Ill do it better the next time

JTAG

JTAG

Well Known JTAG
Reaction score
Sin$
No it wasnt a coinsidence :biggrin:
Because it definitly worked many times.
Because i could join the guy all the time and other people too.
But i think your method could be better as there are no map bugs

ik what you mean by map bugs. i originally patched the xex but when i went online in private match. i couldnt change the map. i would press down to change it from seatown but it wouldnt move :tongue:

C

Cirooflove

Reaction score
Sin$
hello guys I have extracted the files in the folder of the TU23 cod and when I go into a game the error does not come out, but when the map loads the screen goes black as ever?

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm Writing this tutorial from experience because i had the problem when loading my DLL.

The "Unable to join game session" is due to people memory editing their Version number in the Main menu.

da29eb552fd750631b5dd36a8c83e004.png

See Where it says "1.8.602.1" That is the TU23 Version number. When people memory edit that to have different colours or custom text. The Server cannot understand what version you are on. So when people try to join your game or vice versa, They/you will recieve an error message saying "Unable To Join Game Session". I had this coloured at the start and it was fine in system link but when your hosting online. No one could join me and i couldnt join anyone on private match/Online Games.

Now there is another error that i experienced which alot of people had with UnsignedMods Menu.

For people to join your game. you need to extract the TU23 Title Update into your games directory. i know this seems obvious but when you just patch the xex. The xex doesnt read from the Downloads Directory. so doesnt get the new updates for the game. Thats why when people join the game, they get kicked as there is an error message saying "Data is incompatible". this is because they have all the map updates and files either extracted in their TU if they are on a RGH/JTAG or in the downloads folder (Retail/RGH/JTAG). It is a simple fix.

Just use wxpirs or any TU extraction tool and extract it to a folder and copy all the files into your MW3 Directory. Then people can join no problem.

If you found this helpful and/or fixed your problem then Please like and comment if it worked for you.

(PS): Im not very good at tutorials so let me know how i did :smile: Thanks
Thanks for this!!!!

Top Bottom
Login
Register