• Thread starter Poison Virus
  • Start date
  • Views 6,511
Poison Virus

Poison Virus

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have this from NGU, i had the same problem and my ps3 was freezing after i did a accident or two when somebody was in my car, i decided to make a threat here for all who have the same problem with freezing after 1.12.

This thread is to try fix that freezing. The solution is not new but some people out there may not be aware of it so here we go,

1) Go into recovery mode on your PS3

2) Select Restore File System ( NOT RESTORE PS3!!!)

3) Go back into recovery mode after the above has been done

4) Select Rebuild Database

5) After the above has been done play GTA and the problem should be solved!

For me this heleped, game loads and runs faster, and no freezing anymore.

For XBOX
  1. deleting all updates
  2. then clearing system cache
  3. then downloading all updates again
  4. clearing cache again

Last edited:
A

Awakening

The Poxleitner
Grammar Nazi Platinum Record Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Would this be the same as clearing the system cache on Xbox 360?

K

KILLER99997

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have this same problem on xbox 360 I've tryed everything !

T

Truth82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man, I have tried many things but never heard of this way. If it works I promise not to kill you on GTA

Poison Virus

Poison Virus

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man, I have tried many things but never heard of this way. If it works I promise not to kill you on GTA
xD when i don,t wann then u won,t be able to kill me, im just doing some research for a anti kill people in their own garage way, this realy pisses me of, i drived in garage and wanted do kill the person this way but not possible he still was alive after i hit him over houndert times with bike,s/car,s xD

K

kush4dayz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry but this isnt a very good explanation so whats the usb for? is it mandatory or what? also we press #3 or what else? didnt explain the steps right or im just not getting it

Poison Virus

Poison Virus

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry but this isnt a very good explanation so whats the usb for? is it mandatory or what? also we press #3 or what else? didnt explain the steps right or im just not getting it
the video is only how to get in the recovery menu, u dont need a usbstick! U only need a charge cable for the controller :smile:
and the steps are clear 1.2.3.4 :wink:

K

kush4dayz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the video is only how to get in the recovery menu, u dont need a usbstick! U only need a charge cable for the controller :smile:
and the steps are clear 1.2.3.4 :wink:
now let me ask you have you done it? i see a bunch of badd replys on youtube lol i only have one ps3 dont wanna do something completely stupid

Poison Virus

Poison Virus

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
now let me ask you have you done it? i see a bunch of badd replys on youtube lol i only have one ps3 dont wanna do something completely stupid
yes i did it too, did u even read the description?
For me this heleped, game loads and runs faster, and no freezing anymore.

Budluvr92

Budluvr92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For the xbox 360 clearing system cache seems to help a lot. It won't completely fix it but it does help. If your having problems joining session, connecting to cloud server etc try clearing system cache. It wouldn't even hurt deleting just the profile and then downloading it again then clearing system cache. Just a heads up only delete profile not profile and items!

Deathshadow97

Deathshadow97

The Shadow Of Deaths
Reaction score
Sin$
On Xbox I keep freezing too. Not as often but sometimes. I especially hate it when it freezes in the most epic moments.

JuggaloRipper420

JuggaloRipper420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
seemed to work pretty good for me on ps3 i havent froze up yet after doing this thanks

Budluvr92

Budluvr92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On Xbox I keep freezing too. Not as often but sometimes. I especially hate it when it freezes in the most epic moments.
To me the most annoying is freezing when I walk in my garage at eclipse towers. Won't do it if I drive in only walking.

Driddy

Driddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

this is a perfectly good explanation its just the guy in the video meant USB as in USB cable that charges your controller

K

kush4dayz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes i did it too, did u even read the description?
yea i read everything why is it when someone ask for some re assurance they pull out trying to be smart asses we or i may be new on here doesnt mean i dont know how to read and i already did it no more freezing semi lag to the point its gonna freeze but it comes back thanks for the 411 on this

Poison Virus

Poison Virus

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
yea i read everything why is it when someone ask for some re assurance they pull out trying to be smart asses we or i may be new on here doesnt mean i dont know how to read and i already did it no more freezing semi lag to the point its gonna freeze but it comes back thanks for the 411 on this
did it help or not i don,t understand ure post srry?

fred_

fred_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have restored file system and rebuilt database via Recovery Mode (PS3) about ten to fifteen times at least since update 1.10, plus deleting and reinstalling the updates. It is absolutely not fixing freezing issues for me. I guess me still forced to wait for Rocksh¡t to fix this.

Top Bottom
Login
Register